Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: alot of people have rosacea

Default alot of people have rosacea

i see alot of people everyday(in college), and i tend to run into at least a few people on a daily basis that have rosacea(or at least something that looks like it). what about you guys; how often do spot people with rosacea.

Default Re: alot of people have rosacea

Quote Originally Posted by Miki
    i see alot of people everyday(in college), and i tend to run into at least a few people on a daily basis that have rosacea(or at least something that looks like it). what about you guys; how often do spot people with rosacea.
    everytime I see my dad unfortunatly, his is really bad.. Its a sign of whats to come. :x

it's probably you're just drawing it to you.

i never saw people with it before... very rare if i did.

then once i felt acceptance of myself ect and felt proud to be who i am under any given being.... then i kept seeing people with it.

lately... i pay no attention to myself about it..... not so much at least for i'm rather "ridden" of and just don't pay much attention... and now i don't see anymore with this disease.

law of attraction... is what i'm saying. but speaking in my experiences alone.
    Eat up your spinach, it'll put color in your cheeks.
    But I don't want green cheeks!

I also am seeing people with rosacea now. I never really knew anything about it before so now when I look at them I can tell. My sister-in-law has rosacea and has had it for a number of years and her face still looks great, I never knew she even had it, could not tell. I also met a girl who told me she has it also but I cannot tell she has it. Sometimes I wonder if the Dr. is right, not everyone gets bad or worse....Jenn

I notice it all the time now. You kind of wonder if people even know they have it sometimes. My mother and sister have it but so mild you would never know. So I think it is true that it doesn't always have to get worse.

Now that I know what it is, I see it often and some folks have it really bad. A cashier at the local grocer has it so bad I have to bite my tongue not to impose on her by trying to be 'helpful'.

I have also seen quite several people with what I think was rosacea. They might not even know about rosacea so they can't really do much about it.. Perhaps we should somehow tell them?
    I never have though..

Hi Rauno,

Unless they ask I don't think I would say anything.
    If someone said to me while I was having a flushing attack oh, you have rosacea, you know there's treatments for that, I would be mortified. You can't know of anyone's personal situation. They may be under the care of a doctor for it already and just having a diificult time of getting it under control.

So, unless directly asked I would keep mum on the topic. Otherwise the poor person might feel even worse.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

PS I do understand your desire to try and help. I always have that urge but you need to be careful because not everyone would welcome it.

once a person has it themselves and undertstands the symptoms, its much easier to spot, in others. rosacea is definetly one of the most common(if not the most) common skin condition. as mentioned before i doubt, that many people even realize they have a condition; i guess thats why some people let it get completely out of control, because they could not spot the early symptoms.

BTW i would never mention someone else's rosacea to their face. something like that might really cripple a person's self esteem.

Default seeing other folks with rosacea

i think telling people that they have rosacea would give them some hope on what to do about it-if they do not know what they have it must be really frustrating and probably are making there rosacea worse by thinking its adult acne=just tell them you have it too and explain how ****ed they are-no really just tell them you have it and give them some tips on how to control it==shamrock