Thread: Pics of my repulsive rosacea (face, and ocular)

Default Pics of my repulsive rosacea (face, and ocular)

Ok.. Here are different pics of my rosacea on my face. Rosacea sucks :x

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/97/rosa1ye8.jpg

And here is my beautiful eye infection that I occasionally get.. This is pretty nasty, its called belpharitis or something, which is a symptom of ocular rosacea. These are as painful as they look.. it hurts so badly. In this pic it was to the point where I couldnt open my eye. Ahh i should have taken a video of the squeezing...

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8057/eyecl6.jpg

Thanks for sharing your pic's. Your face doesn't look repulsive! Honest. I see some redness, but your skin looks fairly good. Your eye irritation looks really painful though - ouch. How often does that occur? Is it difficult to treat? I can imagine it's very uncomfortable.

I have vascular Rosacea also, and have pink cheeks and nose. My Derm. said my skin tone across the cheeks/nose is mild-moderate. It's not too bad but yes, it bothers me. Have you tried IPL? Any other med's/topicals?

Thank you again for sharing.

Yvette

Quote Originally Posted by Yvette
    Thanks for sharing your pic's. Your face doesn't look repulsive! Honest. I see some redness, but your skin looks fairly good. Your eye irritation looks really painful though - ouch. How often does that occur? Is it difficult to treat? I can imagine it's very uncomfortable.

I have vascular Rosacea also, and have pink cheeks and nose. My Derm. said my skin tone across the cheeks/nose is mild-moderate. It's not too bad but yes, it bothers me. Have you tried IPL? Any other med's/topicals?

Thank you again for sharing.

Yvette
    Hey Yvette,
    it actually isnt painful, but it burns when im nervous or in a hot place. I (a male...) have had rosacea since I was about 14, and now I'm 18. Since it began, it has gotten MUCH worse. My dad has really bad rosacea so I can pretty much see how im gonna end up The second pic is also a very good representation close up. Im fed up with dermatologists after them prescribing sterioids, and other creams which I think may have really hurt my skin long term, at least thinned it out a little because alot more veins are visible. I recently got on metrogel (night - but it iiritates on contact, I wake up the next morning ok though) and Prosacea in the morning, which seems to be helping cool it down somewhat. I dont have the bumps like alot of people get, and thats what I thought IPL was for. So otherwise ive been pretty much untreated.... and it hasnt been helping at all. Ive looked at many pharmacys for Niacinamide, which is supposedly good... but no luck..

Thanks Yvette

Hi there -

IPL is good for facial redness and P/P. Going to a good Derm. to get it done is a must. I've had several, and although you need touch ups here and there, it does keep some of the redness at bay. I hear you about Derm's. Some are very inexperienced..... However, I'm suprised you were given steroids for your face as they are a "no no" for Rosaceans. If you find Metrogel irritating on contact (though better in morning) you can swith to MetroLotion or Noritate. These are slightly more creamier for normal - normal to dry skins, versus combination. There are some other medications you may wish to check into - Oracea (low dose time released Doxycline), Solodyn (low dose timed released Minocyline). If you have flushing, I've read clonidine/propiondol (spelling) help some. Also, some vitamins that I've read are helpful - pycongenol, grape seed, pro-biotics, omega 3/6. Worth checking into.

Regarding your dad, I have the same thing, my mom has Rosacea too. Hers is moderate/severe redness across the cheeks and nose. She has gorgeous skin otherwise. She doesn't get treatment - it doesn't bother her. It bothers me however. I don't want to progress, so I try to maintain it with treatments and med's. Right now, I 'm on low dose Accutane and it's really cleared the mild chin acne that came my way last year. There are studies low dose Accutane helps Rosacea also.

Take care.

Yvette

Hi ewist,

Welcome to the forum!

Regarding your eyes do you do lid scrubs?
    And when they get like that you may need an ophthalmic antibiotic. The pic looked like a bacterial infection. If it's all goopy and yellowish/whitish pus then it's bacterial.

I recommend lid scrubs twice a day (once AM once PM) as a preventative measure. You can buy OTC lid scrubs in pre-moistened packages. I use them to remove my eyemakeup.

I also think it's a good idea to find a derm who will work with you to find what will help you. That way you can keep it at the mild stage and stop it from getting worse. I agree with Yvette. It doesn't look bad at all!

Best wishes,
    Melissa