Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can roasacea change the shape of your eyes?

Default can roasacea change the shape of your eyes?

ok i been having problems espically with my right eye the past year or 2, both my eyes have kinda well i wouldnt say swollen but redish lumpy eye lids my right eye is completely diffrent shape then my left eye, its bigger and my brow is raised so u can see more of the eyelid and, well it just makes me look awful sometimes.

and the worst thing is that my eyes just feel well its kinda hard to explain but they feel "heavy" all the time (its not lack of sleep) and it makes it so hard to look ppl in the eye when they talking to me, espically a hot girl :P and that makes me eyes look even worst and makes me look so nervous, its like i got no control over the nerve in my right eye and only my left eye can focus on other ppl and other things, while my right is just big and wide. they also get worst when im nervous like when loads of ppl looking at me, i just cant focus on anything and look scared ><

im sry i found it so hard trying to explain what its like but i hope u understood. i just wanted to know does rosacea cause this, coz its really really lowering my confidence and i just scared to talk to most ppl coz of this.

thnx ppl

Hi Mitch,

First off, everyones eyes are a different shape in comparison to the other.
    One is aways set closer to the nose, and one is always higher set than the other.

I know what you mean about the heavy eyelid and swollen feeling.
    Sometimes when I wake up in the morning it looks like my lids were injected with fluid...but then it goes away after a few hours after waking up.

I had a chalazion in my left eyelid (a hard lump) that I had to have cut out because it was bothering me when I would blink.

When is the last time you made a visit to your eye doctor?

Do you have Blepharitis? (crust in your lashes)
    Do you do lid scrubs? or have you tried hot compresses?
    When my eyes get bad I have to do these things.

-Ann

i never seen an eye doctor.

and no i have never done any of those things.

looking back at photo's my eye wasnt always like this so i wasnt born with it, hopefully there will be something to fix it.

actuly i rember 1 - 2 years back i had a big blister type thing was like a huge lump at the side of my temple, (this wasnt anything to do with rosacea just acne i think) it took like 2 weeks to go down, and now that i think of it my eye started looking diffrent after that.. so maybe thats the reason? who knows i just really wanna look normal again.

btw wat r lid scrubs?

The number one thing I highly suggest that you go and see an eye doctor.
    Don't neglect your health!

Lid scrubs is just taking a little extra time to wash your eyelids and lashes.

I use diluted baby shampoo and a q-tip and rub it across my lids/lashes a few times while in the shower.

Go see your eye doctor.

...in addition to the info about lib scrubs, there are also pre-packaged ones you can buy.

I suffered with my eyes a few years ago when was wearing contact lenses and I ended up rubbing my eye so much it swelled up and completly changed how my eye looked.

I went to the opticican and he said that the red blood vessels under the eyelid were really swollen and I had to stop rubbing them. I had to stop wearing my contact lenses and just leave my eye alon and it eventually went away by itself.

I've also moved this to the ocular rosacea section.

Sarah

does it have to be baby shampoo can i use head and shuolders or summit? my skin is not sentitive and i can put anything on my face.

Hi Mitch,

You shouldn't put anything on your eyes with harsh chemicals because no matter how careful you are some might get in your eyes.

I really like the premoistened individually packaged lid scrubs like Ocusoft or Theralid. Worth the price for safety and ease and convenience IMO.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by mitch
    does it have to be baby shampoo can i use head and shuolders or summit? my skin is not sentitive and i can put anything on my face.
    I wouldn't use Head & Shoulders on your eyes. Baby shampoo is the "No Tears" formula. Lid scrubs are designed for eyes.

This is from the back of the H&S bottle:

Warnings:
    For external use only. When using this product avoid contact with the eyes. If contact occurs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water. Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or does not improve after regular use of this product as directed. Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

I got this from Drugstore.com
    http://www.drugstore.com/qxp138621_3...oo_refresh.htm

Go to one of your "Mart" stores. Go to the trial size or travel section and you will see baby shampoo for a dollar or less.

BUT....first....a question....Did You See Your Eye Doctor Yet????