Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Infrared goggles

Default Infrared goggles

Hi,

Do you guys think these will do a good job at protecting my eyes from infrared light? I just ordered them to begin my low level light therapy which will include infrared light. The Stu Clic Goggles.
    http://www.technical-gear.com/goggle...te_goggles.htm

What do you think?

Thanks,
    Melissa

Hello Melissa

They look very sexy but also very expensive. Unless you want to look good in the street or when you go fishing personally I would look for something cheaper.

I would suggest talking to the lamp suppliers and see what they recommend. The ones I use are similar to those you find at tanning centreís and are usually a dark green or grey in colour and wouldnít cost more than $5. Whether they are suitable for filtering infrared Iím not sure but worth spending a bit of time ringing round for clarification before buying anything too expensive.

Thanks

Peter

Thanks for your reply Peter.

I know they're expensive but when I did a search on infrared protection for goggles specifically everything was in that price range.

For 25$ there were glasses /shields that offered infrared protection but it didn't totally cover my eyes like the goggles and what's more, the glasses/shields covered some of the face which is what I'm treating.

I just want to make sure my eyes are protected because I did some reading and while it's not clear if your eyes are closed if any is getting through it is clear that infrared that does get through will damage the retina. I know people are keeping their eyes closed and that may be enough (I couldn't find any data on this) but I didn't want to take any chances.

So, independent of the price do you think these are sufficient? It just says it blocks UV and infrared. I hope this is enough.

Thanks again!
    Melissa

Also,
    I have spoken to the lamp suppliers and the people at light therapy say you don't need goggles/glasses for infrared light.

And other suppliers I've spoken to are pretty clueless. A few of them are using the LLLT themselves and were like, oh, I'm not sure if we need to protect our eyes. Many of them are just closing their eyes.

Acnelamp supplies goggles (for an additional 125$!) to protect your eyes if you're using the infrared/red combination (as opposed to just the RLT).
    But I've heard from several people here that they are quite uncomfortable.

Anyway, I don't know if what I've ordered from Stu goggles will be any more comfy but at least I'll look cute while wearing them 8)
    And, who knows, maybe I'll take up fishing...

Thanks again Peter.

Hello Melissa

Sounds like you have already decided to go ahead a buy these goggles. Can you get your money back if you change your mind or donít like them?

The only people I can remember discussing eye protection with part IR lamps were Kristen (Banshee) and Heather (Tioh2001). I think Heather wasnít using anything but Iím not sure if she later changed? Havenít heard from Kristen for a while but it might be worth dropping either of them a quick PM on the subject.

The wearing of eye protection during RLT has been discussed many times previously and my views are well known.

Thanks

Peter

Hi Peter,

There is a 30 day money back guarantee and that's why I posted to see if there was something I was missing.

I read all the threads pertaining to LLLT twice LOL.
    It's a lot of material to digest and I know there's no clear consensus on every topic (as is the case with all of rosacea).

I just wanted the opinion of more seasoned members like yourself, Peter.
    I trust you guys more than my own drs who don't approve of me doing LLLT.

Anyway, I do have a 30 day option to return. I ordered yesterday so they probably won't get here for a few days.

I'm very late to work now so have a good day, and thanks again!

Hello Melissa

Ok at least if they are not suitable or uncomfortable then you can return them. Hopefully not but you could always tell them they frightened the fish away and you never caught anything

You read all the LLLT threads twice? That must have kept you busy or Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by melissawohl

I just wanted the opinion of more seasoned members like yourself, Peter.
    Makes me sound very old

I trust you guys more than my own drs who don't approve of me doing LLLT.
    Why don't they approve?

Anyway good luck and let us know how it goes.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean you are old. I meant you are more knowledgeable about this than most and especially me!!

I read through everything twice over the week I took of for my last 2 VBeams. It helped pass the time It was never boring. More like a drama unfolding right before my eyes. Science in the making!

My laser derm is very conservative and I'm really not sure why she would rather me not do this. My primary derm never really said he dissaproves but told me to hold off for now (that was a # of months ago and I haven't seen him since). I don't have the energy right now to run it by him and since reading through everything again I feel fairly confident in trying this. I will go slowly and be smart about it. Thanks to all the valuable info in these threads! And thanks to you!

Thanks again Peter.

All the best,
    Melissa

Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean you are old.
    Hello Melissa

No worries I was only having some fun with you and I know you wouldnít dare suggest I was old :evil:

Well I can imagine for someone reading through those threads again there was a certain amount of drama and as we know most of it was totally unwarranted but it was important to put the record straight. Certainly there is enough material available to write a book about what really happened and I hope someone eventually does.

At the end of the day I am just happy that you were able to get the information you needed to make your decision. Have you read the report with pictures that IowaDavid (David Christian) put together a few years back on his progress with red light? Well maybe it could be worth forwarding it to your GP and Dermatologist.

Anyway I saw the RS post where you said you will be starting later in October and I wish you every success with your treatment.

Thanks

Peter

Thanks Peter.

I'm excited about this and I'll definitely keep you posted!

All the best,
    Melissa