Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been using red light for a week now

Default Been using red light for a week now

Ok guys, I am confused on some symptoms I am having. The red light I have been using for a week now 15 minutes a day 4" away from face. I am having more flushes and my face seems to be red in spots where it was not before and more things seem to be bothering me then before. Although after I use the light my face is white for a bit but then goes back to a flush BUT my burning sensations are not as strong as they use to be it seems but just getting it more. I am so confused, is this just the initial stage of first using the light or am I going to be one that cannot use the light. God I hope not, I want this to work like it does for so many others. Any advice thanks in advance...Jenn

I had only used my unit for a couple of days when I noticed my face was flushing more, burning and had increased redness. I stopped for a few days and started using it again, at a further distance (try eight to ten inches) and for shorter periods of time (cut it down to 5-10 minutes per day and work your way back up). For me, this worked much better and I have now increased to eighteen minutes per day (my unit is on a nine minute timer and I use it in the morning and at night) but still keep at least six inches away from the unit.

I would try this before giving up on RLT. It's a good sign that your burning sensations are decreasing. This is what I noticed first as well.

Good luck!!!

Hello Jenn

If you read my posts on RLT you will see that I always advise people to take their time and slowly build up their exposure to the lamp they use. Not sure what lamp you are trying but 4" seems too close to start with and as Chelsey suggests I would double that distance. My advice would be to take a week out and then start again with say just 5 minutes first up and then very slowly increase this over a couple of weeks to 15 minutes per session to see if this makes any difference. You could also space your sessions out to say every other day for a while. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day as they say.

Also don't change anything in your usual regime i.e. diet, medication etc just in case this effects your response or interferes with it. If you still experience problems then you might have to consider that unfortunately you do react to bright lights and RLT might not be for you. By the way I would also recommend you use the eye protection supplied with the lamp.

Anyway good luck and let us know how you get on.

Peter

Thanks guys! I did sometimes start out holding it 2" from my face and I did do it alot. I also was taking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and putting jojoba oil on face, so I am going to try to do what you guys said. I know this works I just want it to work for me sooo bad. Also, they did not supply me with any goggles or recommend it to me. My lamp is red +NIF I got it from heelspurs.com, should I ask them if it should of came with goggles?

Peter, what kind of ALoe Vera gel should I use? I saw some at the health food store but I think there was alot of other stuff in it as far as chemicals preserving it. They did not have the Alove 99 which I was looking for, any sugggetions? THanks so much...Jenn

Jojoba oil makes me come out all red and blotchy after a couple of days of using it. I would folow Peter's recommendations and just one thing at a time.

Hey Jen

Look I know you want this to work badly but listen up ok?

Take a week out and go back to the regime you had pre-lamp and stay with it until you feel settled. From now on do not introduce anything new - food, drink, drugs, topicals etc. Contact the lamp supplier and ask whether or not you need eye protection when using their lamp. If they say yes then if the lamp didn't come with goggles then ask them if they could supply you with some. They will be very cheap and not more than say £2 or $4 roughly.

There is no rush trying the lamp but once you feel ready just use it for no more than 2 - 5 minutes on day one at around 8" from your face. Leave a spare day and then try it again for 2 - 5 minutes day 3. All being well then leave another spare day and give it say 5 minutes. Do this for a couple of weeks but keep increasing the time slowly until you get to 15 minutes every other day but still 8" away. Once there and if you are still ok, then start having daily sessions but still stay 8" away. Thereafter and if you are still ok and depending on your results, try getting closer but no nearer than 6" away at this stage.

I use Aloe99 which you can buy via the internet if you need to. Unfortunately unless you use the gel from a raw plant then the products you buy over the counter will contain preservatives. Aloe99 contains: 99% Aloe Barbadenis, Carbomer, Triethanolomine, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol. Do not try Aloe Vera yet until you are happy with your lamp and if you want to try it then carry out a patch test first just to be safe.

Good luck but remember there is no rush - plenty of time

Peter

Hi Jenn,

I know just how you feel.
    Impatient for results to start happening LOL

I haven't even bought/made my RLT setup yet and I am so anxious and impatient already to begin.

Peter and Sarah and Chelsey are giving you great advice.
    Start slowly and err on the side of safety/conservatism.

I am following your progress with much interest and keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Best of luck!!
    Melissa

Thanks so much guys! I am going to do what you say Peter. I have not used it for 3-4 days now and the burning sensations have stopped. I have to say though something is different. I still am not getting flushed (burning sensations) I really had nothing the last two days, my eyes are normal, even the capillaries on my face have gone down, which they were there always even when I was not having flushing. So I am confused, could the light of done something that fast to me to help? I am going to try the light again but 8" away from face and only 5 minutes. I thought I had to but the light close because this light calls for it to be only a 1/2" away from body part that I am using it on, so thought I should be close with it.

Wish my luck...Thanks..Jenn

Hello Jenn

Unfortunately I donít have all the answers but to me it just makes sense to take your time and also not fall into the trap of trying different things together. You did say you were also using jojoba oil and taking apple cider vinegar so if these were fairly recent introductions then they might be the cause of your problems. Donít know but just try and keep everything as simple as you can.

Some LED lamps do not omit any heat at all so you can touch the skin with them and have no adverse reaction but I donít know with yours. Again all I am saying is start further away with a short session and then very slowly build up the time and then move the lamp nearer to what is best for you. It will take longer this way but it will enable you to have a better idea whether or not RLT is for you.

Iím sure if anybody else has any better ideas or advice then they will let you know.

Good luck

Peter

Thanks again Peter. I also stopped taking apple cider vinegar and the jojoba oil when I stopped the RLT. So I am going to wait a couple more days and then try the lamp at 8" and for only 5 minutes.

Thanks again....Jenn