Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 180

Thread: RLT choices

  1. #101
    Senior Member Twickle Purple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    2,270

    Default

    From what I have gathered, results may be seen quicker with the larger, professionally marketed LLLT units, but at the end of about a year the benefits are the same whether you use a small handheld device or pay through the nose for a monster. As long as you are a committed user, the only real benefit, in my opinion, of the larger machines is convenience.

    Happiness is a choice.

  2. #102
    This user has been banned from this forum
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Melissa, just to clarify I am doing a split-face test of RLT for permanent surface capillaries (in terms of red patches, not visible spider veins), enlarged pores and faint lines below the eyes. I don't have inflammatory lesions, pimples or break outs.

    So far, 1.5 months I don't observe any effect for the tested problems. I will continue the test for 3 months and then decide if I buy a big red panel for plant growth (about $50) or discontinue due to lack of any result.

    If someone knows article for Red light for Rosacea, give the link - I can probably access the full article and analyze it.

  3. #103
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orangehorizon
    Melissa, just to clarify I am doing a split-face test of RLT for permanent surface capillaries (in terms of red patches, not visible spider veins), enlarged pores and faint lines below the eyes. I don't have inflammatory lesions, pimples or break outs.

    So far, 1.5 months I don't observe any effect for the tested problems. I will continue the test for 3 months and then decide if I buy a big red panel for plant growth (about $50) or discontinue due to lack of any result.

    If someone knows article for Red light for Rosacea, give the link - I can probably access the full article and analyze it.
    That's a very good idea....a large red panel for plant growth....do you have a link??
    Dx 1998

  4. #104
    Moderator Melissa W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    10,135

    Default

    Thanks Orange and good luck with your trial.

    Corinna,
    It seems I misunderstood the facts and please accept my apologies for my previous post. I did not have all the facts and in any case, I never meant to insinuate you would behave unjustly ever. I know your judgement is without question as is your character. I am very sorry

    Melissa

  5. #105
    Senior Member Twickle Purple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    2,270

    Default

    Oh dear. Please do not have any distress on my part! You are always very kind and thoughtful and I would never take offense at your posts. I recognize the place you come from is one of kindness. I regret that I can be overly blunt.

    Big hugs Melissa!

    Kindest regards,
    Corinna

    Happiness is a choice.

  6. #106
    This user has been banned from this forum
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lookout
    That's a very good idea....a large red panel for plant growth....do you have a link??
    The link was posted by Cavallo:
    http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/...&productId=274

    discussed here:
    http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewto...r=asc&start=15

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orangehorizon
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookout
    That's a very good idea....a large red panel for plant growth....do you have a link??
    The link was posted by Cavallo:
    http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/...&productId=274

    discussed here:
    http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewto...r=asc&start=15
    That is a fantastic deal! I paid over $200 and only got a few red led's and mostly near infared system....I was thinking of going to all red leds but the cost is what was holding me back....this seems like it would work just fine...Thanks!
    Dx 1998

  8. #108
    Moderator Melissa W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    10,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twickle Purple
    From what I have gathered, results may be seen quicker with the larger, professionally marketed LLLT units, but at the end of about a year the benefits are the same whether you use a small handheld device or pay through the nose for a monster. As long as you are a committed user, the only real benefit, in my opinion, of the larger machines is convenience.
    That's along the same lines as what I was thinking. If you're in it for the long haul it doesn't really matter if your unit is less powerful than a more expensive big one because the effects are cumulative. Plus, it may be helpful if your skin is very sensitive in acclimating to the red/infrared light to build it up in smaller doses.

    Thanks Corinna!

    B.H.
    Melissa

  9. #109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orangehorizon
    Melissa, just to clarify I am doing a split-face test of RLT for permanent surface capillaries (in terms of red patches, not visible spider veins), enlarged pores and faint lines below the eyes. I don't have inflammatory lesions, pimples or break outs.
    This is, in my opinion, the best way to go about it. There are so many variables that even when you think you are getting better, it may be due to something else (weather, stress, etc). The opposite is also true. Thanks for your input.

    Dr. E.
    (*note - not a doctor of medicine)

  10. #110
    Senior Member Twickle Purple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    2,270

    Default

    Does this somehow elevate you?

    Sign me: Self made millionaire at 30

    (* Note - not as rich as Bill Gates)


    Happiness is a choice.

Similar Threads

  1. LED Choices
    By hozer2k in forum Low level light based therapies
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 14th February 2011, 04:02 PM
  2. 5-Step Healthy Choices for Rosacea
    By mrsmoof in forum Diet, lifestyle and relationships
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29th March 2010, 06:18 AM
  3. Melissa's LED Array formerly known as RLT choices
    By Melissa W in forum Low level light based therapies
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 2nd July 2008, 06:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •