Thread: chinese herbals

Default chinese herbals

As anyone had any luck with chinese remidies ,& if so who do you think is the best one
    thanks Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I drink a Chinese medicinal herbs tea that is prepared for me by my Chinese medicine therapist (he's an acupuncturist/herbalist) .
    It is meant to be relaxing, cooling (to prevent flushes and reduce redness) and help the acne.
    I believe it is helping me, especially with cooling the body and preventing acne.
    The benefit of having the herbs prepared for me is that in case i feel that the mixture's effect is not so good or there is a change in my condition that requires a different treatment, my therapist will consider it and give me an He also suitable new mixture.
    changes the mixture a little each time, so the body wouldn't get used to the herbs and stop reacting to them.
    Unfortunately i can't recommend anything specific, since i don't know exactly which herbs are in this tea.

Best wishes,
    Yael.

I tired a chinese herbal tea but found that it only made my skin worse. I have no idea what was in it. But it tasted vile. I had to boil it on my stove.
    Needless to say I stoppped treatment.
    It might work for some, but not me.
    Hopefully you have better results.

Bet wishes,

Naun

I had chinese herbal treatment too. It was a tea, made from about 10 different ingredients that I had to boil up. It was black and thick, and it tasted seriously awful. I did it for about 2 months, and then left the place where I got the medicine from, so stopped. Actually, my supply of tea got stolen, as someone mistook the packets for drugs and made off with them

It had no effect for me whatsoever. I have/had papulopustular rosacea rather than flushing, so I was looking primarily for something to stop the p&p's. It certainly did not do that.

Like moka's, mine was supposed to have a cooling effect, over time. I didn't notice any difference. Maybe it would work for someone who flushed, I can't say.

But it cost quite a bit, like 60 for a couple of weeks supply of the tea. That's a lot for something with no discernable effect. It was the same for me with acupuncture and other herbal remedies - to be honest, I don't think these kinds of approaches are really cut out for attacking the more severe symptoms of rosacea. Just my opinion. The minute I started taking antibotics - wumph - the spots stopped. 'Course, I am still on antibiotics three years later...

Oh, I should say, I got mine by actually going to see a Chinese docter - registering at a practice and having a consultation.

Since it is a completely different approach, I think you'd really have to do this if you are going to get the right stuff. With the tea, they have hundreds of different exotic ingredients, all with different properties. And there would be absolutely no comparison, in terms of strength etc, between the fresh ingredients they mix up, against a packaged tea.