Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Seborrheic Dermatitis - This really works for me

Quote Originally Posted by ausboy
    just tried this mixture without the tea tree oil. my face is stinging so bad! i think it's the apple cider vinegar, because another cleanser i use has the same active ingredient as head and shoulders and doesn't affect me like this. i'll have to try head and shoulders on it's own to see what it was in the mix. my face is so red. it is smoother, but i don't think it's worth the pain im in now argh!!!

oh well, onto the next thing to try.
    Ausboy, your supposed to dillute the apple cider vineger with water. Of coarse using straight ACV is too strong for someone is not used to it.

And for your other questions I would say 3 drops of tea tree oil and 3 squirts of head shoulders in the mixture. After mixing all the liquids it should be a white color liquid.

/polster

I did dilute it. I used your "recipe" except for the tea tree oil.

Oh well, everyones skin reacts differently to different things! :?

There is a yahoo group called 'seborrheic-dermatitis-support' all about the apple cider vinegar method. its a very strict process and should be followed to the letter. I tried it just before I got rosacea. I think I had the concentration too high which made my face go red. Not saying it caused the rosacea, but for someone with rosacea I'd be very careful at first. If you skin reddens, then it needs diluting further.
    I stopped because I wasn't sure if it was working for me... plus I didn't like stinking of vinegar!

I did dilute it. I used your "recipe" except for the tea tree oil.

Oh well, everyones skin reacts differently to different things! :?
    Other than your skin being red... did it help with the seb dermatitis flaking?

Also make sure to wash out the mixture from your face/scalp thoroughly without leaving any residue.

i tried it again with a bit less apple cider vinegar. face i red is spots, little or no burning this time. definately feels smoother. i will let you know how it is in the morning. i think i will persist and do it every 2-3 days, hopefully then my face will get used to the ingredients.

i also use fruit of the earth aloe gel which has been good for my skin.

i tried it again with a bit less apple cider vinegar. face i red is spots, little or no burning this time. definately feels smoother. i will let you know how it is in the morning. i think i will persist and do it every 2-3 days, hopefully then my face will get used to the ingredients.

i also use fruit of the earth aloe gel which has been good for my skin.
    Thanks for the update ausboy... Keep us updated on your progress.

For me this mixture works in keeping the seb dermatitis at bay. It helps with the flaking and rashes. I also understand it may not work for everyone, but all I can do is share my experience with everyone and hopefully it helps some.

/polster

does this mixture help w/ redness at all ?

my problem is permanent redness, so if the mixture would work at reducing that, i would def try it...

it helped me. when i used to go out in the sun or got stressed, my whole face would go red. but now, if i wear a hat, it's fine. i think it's a good mix along with Fruit of the Earth Aloe Gel, which has also helped.

Note: This mix won't magically cure seb derm. I still get it every couple days, but this mix definately helps keep my face looking half decent.

I am bumping this thread as I see the same questions poised about seb derm and this thread has been bearied in this forum and I think it could help many like myself who have Seborrheic Dermatitis.

Please reply to this thread if you get a chance to try my mixture and let the forum members know if and how it has helped you deal with Seborrheic Dermatitis.

/polster

Been using Tsal 3% salicylic acid shampoo (fragrance and oil free) from Neutrogena on my face for a couple weeks now. It has surprisingly produced good results. I didn't think I could handle the sal 3%, but so far so good. I wash my scalp, then use the residue to lightly wash my face in the shower. Since seb produces the outer layer of skin 30 x above normal, it's important to keep shedding those outer layers, and so far this product has been gentle enough for my sensitive Rosacea and allergic facial skin. Just be careful to only rub gently, try to use the residue from shampooing your scalp only so it is less concentrated, and it might work for you all as well. I have horrible seb derm on my scalp, and entire face, and am allergic to fragrances, chems, oil, and have atopic/contact dermatitis so if it works for me past 2 weeks, that is usually a good sign. You might even get better results by mixing in another fragrance and oil free light shampoo in there as well to change up the pace.

Another product that works pretty well, but I don't like the herbal smell I think from the pine tar, is everclean which has a 1.5% sal acid strength. Even though it is less strong and might be better for ultra sensitive facial skin, I can't handle the fragrance, so I can't use that on my face as my cleanser, only on occasion will I use it on my scalp.

I break out when I react to a product and usually when I use something new, and get good results, it usually only lasts a week at most, then my body develops a tolerance and I get allergic reactions (breakouts). The TSal has really kept my seb derm under control and minimized the amount of excess skin on my face (which increases clogged pores) and scalp and allowed my skin to breath.

Good luck
    Paul
    Facial and Scalp Seb derm, Steroid cream induced Rosacea, tend to break out easily, very reactive, sensitive, allergic, malassezia gray biofilm.
    Using Celtic Sea Salt, couple pinches in large bowl of pure water. No cleansers. Chlorine shower filter.