Thread: IPL with Dr. Soldo: 5th treatment yesterday and Botox/skin

Default IPL with Dr. Soldo: 5th treatment yesterday and Botox/skin

Hi all:
    I'm not really a regular but posted a while back and was thinking of going to see Dr. Soldo after the dreadful fallout from the one ELOS treatment I had. I did get my money back from the clinic where I had ELOS and went straight to Dr Soldo's office the next week. Luckily I got in very quickly.

He's a very very nice man, I love him to pieces. He knows all the meds, the lasers, just about eveything I ever heard of, and every other provider I"ve ever heard of. I was just amazed at the breadth of his knowledge about the disease and current treatments. And his very kind personal manner, so personable, which put me at ease very quickly. Which is saying a lot, since I've been so shell shocked from past treatments.

I went in really a mess from the ELOS. He said my rosacea is neuropathic with symptoms of all the subtypes, so treating me wouldn't be easy. He was right, but it hasn't been too bad. I just completed #5, the last in the series I purchased from him, yesterday. He treats normally every 2 weeks. I had a reaction after treatment #4, in my neck area, the IPl was a little too hot, so this time we scaled it back some. I think he used 590nm filter on face/neck/chest and he did only one pass on the face this time (3 last time) so as not to freak things out too much, as I'm very reactive. The neck got very inflamed last night and the itching was just intolerable, even with topical meds and antihistamines. After #5 yesterday, it is mostly gone, the itching. Still a little irritated at the collar, but with some topical stuff and zinc ointment, I'm not noticing it now. He thinks I set myself back 2 sessions on the neck with this flare. Not sure why I flared, but probably just a little too hot last time.

We did Botox this week injected into the skin (dermis I think) . A little punch feeling and the needle was in, no big deal (but thenI was slathered in topical). Tiny little pin point bruises in a couple spots, can't see them at all under makeup. We used 20 units all over the flush zone including on the ears. Even the top of nose got 2 units. I'm pretty exicted about the possibilities this offers, and feel really lucky to have such easy access to Dr. Soldo.

I signed up for a 6th in another 2 weeks and will do at least 8 before I reevaluate, but am seeing improvement. The burning/flushing on theears after 4-5 treatments is much improved, the burning I got on the outer cheekbones for 1.5 years is much much better, breakouts are improved, altho still getting them. Still overreacting to products and intense heat. I still get red with too warm a shower or exercise or washing my face, but it's not very red and it's transient. I do feel I'm making slow progress. Considering what a wreck I was, it's huge.

I did start a beta blocker, ZeBeta, stopped it and will restart it. Fewer side effects than some, and it may help control the flushing response. Wasn't using anything for that before.

I'm using Oracea, have been for months (along with topical Noritate) and wasn't seeing improvement in bumps at all really. I realized after re-reading the label that are you not to take supplements or other stuff with magnesium or aluminum within a minimum of 2 hours of taking the Oracea, and that should be in the morning. I was taking vitamins/minerals every day with mine, not realizing. I think I may have been interfering with absorption of the medicine. So taking it properly now and I am seeing far fewer bumps. Not sure if it's the IPL r the Oracea, or both. I don't really care honestly!

Hope this helps somebody. He did tell me that Dr. Johnson also does Botox in the skin as far as he knows, so if anybody finds that helpful, thought I would mention it.

;o) Bridget

Bridget

Many thanks for your informative post. I'll be interested to see what you think aboout the botox.

Best wishes

Sarah

Default IPL #6 today with Soldo, 2 weeks post Botox

Hi Sarah:
    I'm 2 weeks post IPL #5, had IPL #6 today and 2 weeks post Botox. We did ears too. I was in NYC thsi past week and Montreal and it was extremely hot and humid in NYC. I had a few new bumps and some discomfort in my face, but I have to say I did much better than I normally would have. I credit the Botox for the reduction in flushing, but I'm surethe IPL helped too. I use my Beuer Softlaser on the bumps when I get them (red light).

I had 3 injections (3 units I think) in each ear, plus we IPL my ears too and my ears look and feel a lot better. The left ear is worse than the right and even it looks much better. Flushing response is a lot less since the Botox for sure. I seem to have broken out in a few bumps from today's IPl treatment, so just did those with my Beuer. They generally go away overnight when I do that if I shine the light on them for 3-4 min each.

I signed on for another 5 treatments today, as I feel I will need them. We have to go slow with me, I over react to everything, esp on my neck. we're doing face/neck/chest each time. We did 2 passes today on the face, one on ears and one on neck/chest.

;o) Bridget

I'm glad he was able to do the ears. I hope you continue to have success.

I hate my ears so much, sometimes I just want to cut them off. Right now they are burning for no apparent reason. I wish I could find someone to botox em

I have emailed several doctors. Dr Darm treats the ears, as well as Dr. Soldo and Dr. Johnson. And I have only heard positive things about the outcome, so I hope there is real hope out there.
    Subtype-1: Cheek and ear flushing
    Currently: IPL

golffan

Dr William Drury in Greenville SC ( SkinKare is the business name) treats with Botox and uses Lumenis 1. I had one treatment with Botox in the ears and couldn't really tell a huge difference. My facial and ear flushing is under control as I have responded well to the L1 treatments , but the ears are problematic at times. Just FYI - I received my Botox injections in the lobes of the ear.

Quote Originally Posted by bentherebefore
    I'm glad he was able to do the ears. I hope you continue to have success.

I hate my ears so much, sometimes I just want to cut them off. Right now they are burning for no apparent reason. I wish I could find someone to botox em

I have emailed several doctors. Dr Darm treats the ears, as well as Dr. Soldo and Dr. Johnson. And I have only heard positive things about the outcome, so I hope there is real hope out there.
    Hi Ben,

I had VBeam done on my ears twice and it really helped decrease the burning and flushing of my ears. There was no bruising either!

Best wishes,
    Melissa

This does not sound like a sufferer. Sounds like Nase. Or some "surrogate". The language is too lame. Delete my post if you feel the need, mods.
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

Default Botox in the ears along with IPL

Interestingthat another doctor is doing Botox along with Lumenis One, and glad to hear it.

My Botox injections were not just in the lobe. If that's the only place injected and your whole ear is flushing, as mine now do, that's not going to do it for you. Soldo injected 3 times in my ears, 3 times each ear, and he spaced it out around the ear. no lobe injection. There is a certain amount of "spread" with the Botox, but you need to make sure you cover the ear so the nerves all over will calm down.

;o) Bridget