Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Debunking and the forum

Default Debunking and the forum

Reading through the off topics discussions i couldn,t help noticing approx 24 pages basically concerning at best to say unhealthy negative comments against one person and his own personal buisness. This person may have intentionally or unintentionally upset someone. When that person became a member on the site his intention was probably no different to anyone else that is but to help fellow rosaceans.Maybe it did turn in a direction or otherwise no one could predict.It does not really matter what the argument is, it is not the purpose of this forum to be judgemental to a member who is in the public domain.Furthermore from what I have read there could be enough grounds for civil action through the courts, should the person so wish. What is more important is the integratory of this forum and the moderators seen to be conducting themselves in a proffesional manner. This requires that all posts conform to the basic requirements namely:
    Do not make personal attacks or deliberatly offend.
    From what i have read no one deserves this kind of treatment from anyone its unhealthy which is not what this forum is trying to be about.Furthermore I have no wish to see any more of the further continuation of this "off topic discussion" or any other negative reference to this person.
    Therefore i feel for the integratory of this forum it should not only be discontinued, but removed permanent.
    Furthemore once the named post has been removed that thereafter this post should also be removed.

Well I have just looked at the "Off Topic" section and I do not see any pages about one person, last post was about a kitten, do you mean on this forum??

Default Re: Debunking and the forum

Quote Originally Posted by drums
    Reading through the off topics discussions i couldn,t help noticing approx 24 pages basically concerning at best to say unhealthy negative comments against one person and his own personal buisness. This person may have intentionally or unintentionally upset someone. When that person became a member on the site his intention was probably no different to anyone else that is but to help fellow rosaceans.Maybe it did turn in a direction or otherwise no one could predict.It does not really matter what the argument is, it is not the purpose of this forum to be judgemental to a member who is in the public domain.Furthermore from what I have read there could be enough grounds for civil action through the courts, should the person so wish. What is more important is the integratory of this forum and the moderators seen to be conducting themselves in a proffesional manner. This requires that all posts conform to the basic requirements namely:
    From what i have read no one deserves this kind of treatment from anyone its unhealthy which is not what this forum is trying to be about.Furthermore I have no wish to see any more of the further continuation of this "off topic discussion" or any other negative reference to this person.
    Therefore i feel for the integratory of this forum it should not only be discontinued, but removed permanent.
    Furthemore once the named post has been removed that thereafter this post should also be removed.
    {mod hat on}
    The posts will not be removed. I have not talked with the other mods about this (yet) but I can tell you, he is still a valid point of discussion. I assume the thread in question it the "dr Nase sets the facts straight" thread. Guess who that was started by? No not a lady named Maria, but by him, faking to be a patient. This has been documented. He then posted again just recently as a guest and trashed another member, that post has been removed, he had been baned form this and almost every other board he posted at, and even if he was still allowed here it broke so many TOS rules anyone that posted it would have had it deleted.
    I do feel sorry for him , in a way, I dont know what causes this kind of instability in a person, and I have defended him in the past if you look up any of my posts on the subject, I feel sympathy for him., as I would for anyone with an (alleged) mental illness. I also feel sympathy for the community he helped to create, then tried to destroy, and now may be trying to rip off.
    I would ask, please, in the future Nase threads be kept in the meta section, not here in general.
    {mod hat off}

Laura

I am moving this to the meta forum section (as its about how the forum conducts itself) and will leave it open in the hope that Drums thoughts can be discussed in an appropriate manner.

I think I have made my thoughts clear on this matter before and prefer not to get involved in this topic as I feel it just prolongs the whole sorry affair. As a mod I see my role to only step in when I person belonging to the forum is being directly insulted by another or when things are getting too heated.

Sarah

Default Re: Debunking and the forum

Drummond,

Upset someone? Thats an understatement. How about you stick to curing Rosacea.

Hey Drummond, how did you change your username? I'd love to change mine, since I'm not purple anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickle Purple
    Hey Drummond, how did you change your username? I'd love to change mine, since I'm not purple anymore.
    Dear Twickle, I just was forced to sign up again, I tried to contact the administration but no reply. Maybe I should take a hint,it has left me feeling quite traumatised somehow it reminded me of when I was a toddler and got lost on holiday.
    What happened was we changed our ISP so the computer said basically that I was an alien,so I chose drumms there was nothing sinister going on I have not started to dress up in ladies clothes or try to change my name to Maria.I must say though I do love a lot of the feminine clothes especially the glitter.
    When I go to marks and spencers I buy ladies socks cause they are not as boring as the mens.
    Well it is really wonderful to hear such good news, I feel thrilled for you. I have sort of glanced at the posts and seen that you have been emptying your deep pockets,no old oil there then one could say!
    Its probably just as well when one considers that all you could do with a crock of old oil is cook with it then two days later very very red and extra sore eyes.The layer in little "red riding hoods" would be really messed up bit toxic don't you think. Contrary to some I don,t sell oil or tallow after all it would be counter productive I much prefer people to get better.

Dear Twickle, I just was forced to sign up again, I tried to contact the administration but no reply. Maybe I should take a hint,it has left me feeling quite traumatised somehow it reminded me of when I was a toddler and got lost on holiday.
    What happened was we changed our ISP so the computer said basically that I was an alien,so I chose drumms there was nothing sinister going on I have not started to dress up in ladies clothes or try to change my name to Maria.I must say though I do love a lot of the feminine clothes especially the glitter.
    When I go to marks and spencers I buy ladies socks cause they are not as boring as the mens.
    Well it is really wonderful to hear such good news, I feel thrilled for you. I have sort of glanced at the posts and seen that you have been emptying your deep pockets,no old oil there then one could say!
    Its probably just as well when one considers that all you could do with a crock of old oil is cook with it then two days later very very red and extra sore eyes.The layer in little "red riding hoods" would be really messed up bit toxic don't you think. Contrary to some I don,t sell oil or tallow after all it would be counter productive I much prefer people to get better.
    Thanks for the good chuckle Drums. I needed that today.

PS. I think "Drums" is rather a cool moniker.

Thanks for the good chuckle Drums. I needed that today.

PS. I think "Drums" is rather a cool moniker.
    I wondered if you understood my cheeky cryptic story line "...layers" and when she got lost in the forest bad wolf probably made her ... fill in the missing words using letters from the following:yrclio.
    And I wonder what joda the little green jedi out of star wars would say.Wasn,t he a good thinker he always put his finger on his lips then you could se his eyes roll then he would look down while he was thinking and then look up,ask the question again then go MMMM.What might he have said to all this old oil business.
    Say have you seen a picture of lindsay lohans face lately she is in the news today on the web. I rekon she must have digestive troubles.

I wondered if you understood my cheeky cryptic story line "...layers" and when she got lost in the forest bad wolf probably made her ... fill in the missing words using letters from the following:yrclio.
    You are a cryptic fella, Drums! Very funny.

Jen