Thread: how long before one see's results

Default how long before one see's results

hi. ive been using a 660 nm led array for a month know. im just wondering, how long realistically before one starts to see some sort of results. im not complaining nor am i impatient but i would like to get a general idea( i just want some relief for my flushing).

thanks.

If you haven't seen results at 10 weeks you won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickle Purple
    If you haven't seen results at 10 weeks you won't.
    what kind of results can one expect in 10 weeks? like i said ive been on RLT for about a month. my skin looks nice and pale after a treatment(for about 10 or 15 minutes) as well it feels really calm while im in the process of sitting in fromt of the lamp, but it has not helped my flushing in anyway thus far.

Hello Miki

With any treatment I always work on the rule of thumb approach that if itís going to help, then you should start to see some sort of improvement after a couple of months. I found with RLT that after only a few weeks it made a noticeable difference to my skin texture and removed some redness but it was too soon to make a dent in the flushing episodes I was having. I had also started Clonidine a few months earlier and I can honestly say in combination with using red light then it probably took a year before I really noticed a difference in reduced flushing and two years for the full effect to kick in. We are all different though, so what applies to one person may not necessarily be the same for another.

All I will say is that RLT should not be viewed as a quick fix or miracle treatment for rosacea but something you need to use on a regular basis for possibly several years and maybe in combination with other treatments. If you are suited to it then you may get excellent results.

In your case if you think your skin looks better and you are having no adverse effects then I would give it a few more months. Itís up to you.

Thanks

Peter

thanks peter. ive been noticing that my face feels really calm when im sitting infront of the light and for about 10 to 15 minutes afterwards(im guessing that its working). i realize one has to be patient with this kind of therapy.