Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Papulopustular question

Default Papulopustular question

Hi there. I am loving this site. There is an awesome wealth of information on it that has been sooooo helpful to me. I really appreciate all the hard work that must go into maintaining it.
    I do have a couple of questions that maybe someone could help me with. I have read tons here and still am unclear. I hope this hasn’t been asked before.
    Anyway, I was recently diagnosed with papulopustular rosacea by my family Dr. I have no flushing/blushing or permanent redness, just transient bumps and lumps. Anyway, I am on a waiting list to see a dermatologist ,7 month waiting list here in Saskatchewan and I have so many questions.
    What I am confused about, besides everything to do with this disease, is some of the promising upcoming therapies. Would any of the nitric oxide inhibitors, VEGF blockers, or even the Sans Rosa technology be of any benefit to me when they come out? Or will these products only be good for subtype 1?
    If we all have the same disease, which is an inflammatory condition, wouldn’t it stand to reason that some of these technologies would be of benefit to my subtype 2 pimples? Or do you think that they will only have an effect on the redness, flushing and blushing of subtype one?
    I really hope that these new treatments (when and if they ever arrive) will be of benefit to my subtype as well. Any thoughts that anyone has would be appreciated.
    Thank you,

Naun

Default Opps

Opps, sorry, I guess I wasn't signed it. The above post was by me.
    I'm still getting the hang of it.

Naun

Default Re: Papulopustular question

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Hi there. I am loving this site. There is an awesome wealth of information on it that has been sooooo helpful to me. I really appreciate all the hard work that must go into maintaining it.
    I do have a couple of questions that maybe someone could help me with. I have read tons here and still am unclear. I hope this hasn’t been asked before.
    Anyway, I was recently diagnosed with papulopustular rosacea by my family Dr. I have no flushing/blushing or permanent redness, just transient bumps and lumps. Anyway, I am on a waiting list to see a dermatologist ,7 month waiting list here in Saskatchewan and I have so many questions.
    What I am confused about, besides everything to do with this disease, is some of the promising upcoming therapies. Would any of the nitric oxide inhibitors, VEGF blockers, or even the Sans Rosa technology be of any benefit to me when they come out? Or will these products only be good for subtype 1?
    If we all have the same disease, which is an inflammatory condition, wouldn’t it stand to reason that some of these technologies would be of benefit to my subtype 2 pimples? Or do you think that they will only have an effect on the redness, flushing and blushing of subtype one?
    I really hope that these new treatments (when and if they ever arrive) will be of benefit to my subtype as well. Any thoughts that anyone has would be appreciated.
    Thank you,

Naun
    Welcome to you from the great white north, Ya hey dere! (I used to live In Wisconsin, the accent is the same, I picked it up, doncha know)
    You ask very good questions Im afraid I have no answers to.
    Dont worry abot getting the hang of the board, your doing fine!

LOl. Too funny about the accent. You made me smile.
    Thanks for the response. If anyone else has any answers, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks again

Hi Naun,

Welcome to the forum!

That's awful that you have a 7 month wait to see a derm.

In the meantime you can try a few home/natural remedies.

For p&ps neem capsules, oregano oil capsules can be helpful. Read about it in the archives.

In the interim, I would call the derm's office every day for a cancellation.

Best of luck!
    Melissa

Yes, I agree, 7 months is crazy.....but it's because of our lovely free health care system.
    Anyway, I will check out those natural supplements. I am already taking so many pills that I hate meal times. Thanks for the info.
    Anyone else have any ideas about if the above mentioned new technologies will help my subtype? I am looking for hope, as this condition has gotten me more than a little blue. It would be nice to think that there could be better treatments somewhere in the future. I just worry that any new advancements won't be of use to me. I hope that's not the case.
    Thanks for the replies.

Naun

I agree with Melissa, call, and call a lot to check for a cancelation. I have read about peopel who have done this and the office just got so annnoyed with it they got scheduled (the whole "squeaky wheel gets the grease" thing)
    P&ps are a hared thing to deal with (I am also papulpustular, yippe!) I use metrogel (perscription topical) and ZZ cream, which is not RX. The ZZ is supposed to kill demodex mites, a debate topic among the rosacea community. I dont know if I have excess demodex, but I do know I have very oily skin, and it cuts that down. I use it at night, It does not combine well with my make up during the day.
    Some folks here have had good sucess with a product called nasalcrom, Or rynacrom, depending on where you live ( same product, different name, not sure which one it is is in Canada) . Its a saline nasal spray. You dab it on to the bumps. I have yet to try this, as I am the queen of procrastionation, but it has been posted about with fairly good reports.
    I will say I am on the tail end of a hideous break out, and nothing helped. I take that back, oral antibiotics did, but even though I did nothing different in my routine, it just happened. Boom, zit face all of a sudden after a nice time of being clear.
    Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you.
    And another I like, Sometimes your the windsheild, sometimes your the bug.
    We are here to help you through the down times. Though I am a mod I still cry and vent and need support from time to time, we all do. You can PM me if you like to chat more.
    And call call call that Dr, or try to find another that can take you sooner, 7 months is just nuts. I would be so mad!

Best of luck
    Laura

And as you as see from my above post, I am terrible at typing and spelling!

Laura

Hi Naun, I'm another rosacean with p&ps. Such a lucky bunch we are!
    [heavy sarcasm] Unfortunatley, it's hard to say if any of the new treatments you mentioned will help. They may, and that would be great. But as you may be already be aware, we all react differently to just about everything. The only thing, in my opinion, that's effective and lasting for p&ps is an internal med like antibiotics or low dose accutane. Topicals help somewhat, but don't get to the underlying problem and for me lost their effectiveness after a while. I take Oracea and have had good results. I still get an occasional zit, but I'm sooo much better than I used to be!
    BTW, I waited 6 months for a derm, only to have them cancel my appt. the day before I was to see them. They discovered in that time they no longer participated with my insurance.

I would LOVE to try Oracea, but it is not available in Canada. I called Collengenex and they are not even sure if they are going to market to Canada anytime soon.
    I was thinking of driving across the border to Montana and seeing if I could get a prescription, but I am allergic to almost any type of antibiotic and am not even sure if it would be an option. So it would be a lot of money wasted, as if I went to the US, I would get a years prescription filled.
    I will have to look into the nasal spray thing, I am desperate for some 'calm'.
    I have called the dermatologist's office and have been asked to be put on their cancellation list. My only fear is that when I finally get in, that he won't know anything.
    I am so frustrated and sad.
    3 months ago I had never even heard of this disease and now it controls all of my waking thoughts. I can not believe that in this day and age that so little is know, or understood and that the treatments so suck. I also can not believe how nanchalont (sorry terrible speller) my Dr is about the whole thing. She acts as if my complextion deteriorationing is no big deal. She is under the impression that rosacea is totally treatable. If that was the case, I wouldn't have bumps all over my face.
    Thanks for letting me vent.

Naun