Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about RLT

Default Questions about RLT

I'm new to RLT and have some questions.

Is it only for permanent redness or do people benefit who don't have permanent redness but just want to reduce their flushing?

I'm having a treatment of IPL at the moment. I'm thinking about starting RLT after my course of treatment in the hope that it'll prolong the benefits and keep the costs down. Is anyone doing this or does anyone know anything about doing this?

Thanks

In my experience, it helps flushing and base redness for sure. Permanent redness could be telangiectasia and it does not make those go away but it can reduce the appearance of them. It heals the tissue and makes it less reactive, any reactions are shorter in duration, and it improves the texture of the skin (I suppose by healing the tissue ).

Great to see you posting in the RLT section again, Twickle! Have missed your posts - they were a great source of information and inspiration to me. Glad to hear you're still a fan - I'm hoping that means you're continuing to reap the benefits.

Steve, in my experience it helps with the flushing as well. I've had many IPL treatments before and more recently Vbeam, but I didn't purchase my RLT unit until six months after my last treatment. I find that using RLT is maintaining the benefits I got from that last series of Vbeams. One year later and I'm optimistic I won't need many (if any) more treatments.

Good luck!

Hi Chelsey,

What RLT are you using?

I'm thinking of beginning RLT somewhere in the not too distant future and there are a lot of choices so of course I'm paralyzed into inaction

Of course I know it's a personal subjective choice but I like to hear people's points of view. So any info you can share will be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Melissa

Hi Melissa,

I remember the decision being overwhelming as well.

I'm using the DPL (Deep Penetrating Light) system from LED Technologies.

When I was making my decision, I read through all the posts in the RLT section, narrowed it down to two choices and then called AcneLamp and one of the distributors of DPL who couldn't answer all my numerous questions and referred me to the manufacturer in Colorado. I'm sure AcneLamp is good as well (and the LEDMAN who will customize your order - Twickle can answer any questions you may have about that).

I choose DPL because I figured I would need to get the three lamp option from AcneLamp to cover all the areas that needed to be covered (temples, cheeks, forehead and under the chin) and it was more much more expensive than the DPL unit which covers all those areas. It's true, however, that AcneLamp has a greater number of lights and I know a lot of users are very happy with it.

Another reason for my decision was based on testimony. Banshee (Kirsten) was using DPL and recommended it.

I sincerely like this product. I use it 9 minutes, twice a day religiously and have been doing so for the last six months. I'm not the most disciplined person but I've found that rosaca has given me incredible incentive to persevere, push the boundaries by trying new things and most of all has taught me patience (never my strong suit).

There has been ups and downs with RLT. For the first week it made me flush and I thought I had thrown more money down the drain. I stopped for a few days and then tried again (maybe moved a little further away from the lights). Within a few weeks, I was amazed. It was the dead of winter and a cold spell hit and I didn't feel the usual pain I get with extreme temperatures (hot or cold). My flushing decreased, my redness was a bit better (sometimes looked downright pale for a few minutes after a treatment). Then the benefits seemed to level off and there was no more improvement (another disappointment). Some of the pain returned.

I'm at the six month mark and I'm seeing improvement once again. It's been really hot and I'm not in pain. I can exercise on my treadmill (even break a sweat - though not on my rosacea areas) without paying for it the next few days. Flushing is controlled, redness is better.

I'm in this for the long haul. I've figured out that less is sometimes more -i.e don't sit too close to the lamp. I['m hoping for continued improvement, but I'm also satisfied with the improvements to date. I'm not sure if I would have had as great success without the IPL/Vbeam treatments and I guess I'll never know. Some people on the board have never had IPL and yet have benefited from RLT.

I would recommend giving it a try. Sounds hoakey, but nothing ventured nothing gained, right? I bet someday soon you'll be able to enjoy a Pimms, Gin and Gingerale without any backlash. Keep trying!

This user has been banned from this forum

Cheap red light diode lamps:

http://www.progearwarehouse.com/E27-JDR-Red-LED-Lamp
    http://heelspurs.com/cgi-bin/c/store...=9537170.20940

The red light is supposedly working by activating something in the cells, the effect is not thermal like lasers so it doesn't have to bake your face. More expensive or stronger lamp doesn't mean more effective.

Thanks for the info.

Do people know conclusively which is more effective for flushing, "all-red led's" or "red and near-infrared led's"?

Am I right in saying that most people go for all-red and have success with reduced flushing? I'd like to buy the unit that'll most likely help with my flushing.

Hi Chelsey,

Thanks so much for the info. I was thinking about the acne lamp and now will also check out the DLP. I still have a lot of background reading to do on RLT (and rereading because I think I forgot a lot of stuff I had read on it a few months ago). Your post is a big help!

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Thanks Orangehorizon. I will check out the links you provided!

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Chelsey
    Glad to hear you're still a fan - I'm hoping that means you're continuing to reap the benefits.
    Hi Chelsey

I'm a huge fan of this modality. I've got quite a few of my neighbours using it for one thing or another... there are many different applications for RLT and we're all reaping the benefits over here!

Kind Regards,
    Corinna