Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Melanotan: eye danger? (developing story)

Hi,

I've just recieved my first shipment but am now rather nervous.

Can someone answer a simple question (I hope) - I've purchased 30mg worth, if it worked and I developed a good tan, how long can I expect the results to last it I don't continue with a maintenance dose.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by racoon090
    Hi,

I've just recieved my first shipment but am now rather nervous.

Can someone answer a simple question (I hope) - I've purchased 30mg worth, if it worked and I developed a good tan, how long can I expect the results to last it I don't continue with a maintenance dose.

Any ideas?
    Unfortunately, no time at all.

My tan is already fading, and fast.

I am tempted to order 10 mg, take a low maintenance dose, and monitor the recent developments closely.
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER

Steve - A couple of imp questions before I start (if I build up the bottle!)

1) If I want to get 10mg out of one peptide, how much of the bac water do I need to add

2) Once the peptide has the water added do I simply use the insulin syringes to withdraw say 0.1ml for each 1mg per day and use a different syringe each day

3) Is the peptide safe to be stored in the fridge once the water is added even though there will be various syringes being proded through the rubber stopper each day

Steve - A couple of imp questions before I start (if I build up the bottle!)

1) If I want to get 10mg out of one peptide, how much of the bac water do I need to add
    I added 1 CC (100 units) to each 10 mg vial. Then, 10 units of reconstitute = 1 mg M2.

It can be hard to get the last little bit out of the vial, though. It helps to put some more bac water in for the last bit, swish it around and then pull out as much as you can.

2) Once the peptide has the water added do I simply use the insulin syringes to withdraw say 0.1ml for each 1mg per day and use a different syringe each day
    Yep, that's right. I pre-filled my syringes and stored them in the freezer, but storing them in the fridge is fine.

Be sure to dispose of them properly.

3) Is the peptide safe to be stored in the fridge once the water is added even though there will be various syringes being proded through the rubber stopper each day
    It should be safe to store in the fridge, I'm pretty sure the rubber top makes it airtight. You might put it in a ziplock bag just to be sure.
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER

Steve,

Mixed the first vial with about 20ml of bac water and then pulled out 0.1ml which if my calcs are correct should make each syringe about 0.5mg (do these figures add up). Syringes now in freezer - did I read somewhere they take about 5-10 mins to thaw.

The problem now is when I go to 1mg I'll need to inject twice daily (did you do this one after the other or at different points in the day?)

For the other vials I will just use 10ml of bac water which should give me 10 0.1ml or 1mg doses.

Do these figures add up to you?

Injection was fine, worst thing is getting the damn liquid out of the vials - no major sides apart from flushing for about an hour after, no serious nausea - but then I probably only hit about 0.3mg as I used the syringe with the least in.

When did you move up to 1mg per day? I'm off on vacation for 2 weeks in 15 days so we'll see what happens - the problem will be that I won't be able to take any further during the 14 days as I don't fancy passing through customs with it!.

Sorry for all the questions.

Steve,

Mixed the first vial with about 20ml of bac water and then pulled out 0.1ml which if my calcs are correct should make each syringe about 0.5mg (do these figures add up). Syringes now in freezer - did I read somewhere they take about 5-10 mins to thaw.

The problem now is when I go to 1mg I'll need to inject twice daily (did you do this one after the other or at different points in the day?)

For the other vials I will just use 10ml of bac water which should give me 10 0.1ml or 1mg doses.

Do these figures add up to you?
    No, that's too much water. 20 mL is a lot. I don't think I ever used more than 2 mL.

If you really did add 20 mL, then each injection is only 0.05 mg.
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER

Hi Steve,

I meant 2ml, typo - so I guess my numbers are accurate.

For the other vials I will just use 1ml of bac water which should give me 10 0.1ml or 1mg doses.

Also when did you move up to 1mg per day?

Thanks Again.

I shot past 1 mg and went to 1.7 mg rather quickly... because I wasn't sure it was working, and I was anxious to see results.

1.7 mg for me was 3 injections daily, because I pre-filled @ ~0.56 mg per syringe. It was slightly inconvenient to take 3 inj daily (it was really inconvenient to pre-fill twice as many syringes).

I would advise moving to 1 mg ASAP. Don't go much higher than that, though.
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER

Hello,
    Regarding clinical trials, please be aware of the following:
    It's very likely and even probable that adverse effects (ADRs), including serious, possibly life-threatening ADR's, are discovered after the drug reaches market (passes phase 1,2 and 3 trials). Why? Phase 1 - only concerned with safety - ususally encompasses 20-40 subjects. Phase 2 generally uses 50-100. Phase 3 several hundred. By the time the drug makes it to market - and there are other variables which come into play here - usually the drug hasn't been tested on more than a couple thousand, at most. Think a couple thousand is a lot compared to the millions that will use drug after it's approved? Only when a drug is being used by millions (phase 4 or 'post-market' studies) will many side effects come to light. This makes perfect sense given the vast variability of human physiology.
    Food for thought.
    Perry

Hi Perry, thanks for the comments, that's good to keep in mind. People can make too much of clinical trials. There are also dangerous drugs that the FDA has approved, so one must be careful even then.

I'm just glad this information managed to surface.

Perry, do you have any comments about these articles:

Zamir E (1997): "Central serous retinopathy associated with adrenocorticotrophic hormone therapy. A case report and a hypothesis". Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel

I Suzuki et al. (1996): "Binding of melanotropic hormones to the melanocortin receptor MC1R on human melanocytes stimulates proliferation and melanogenesis" Department of Dermatology, University of Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    (Both are available online; I was able to access them through my University account, specifically, from SCOPUS.)

Particularly the first one. When I read it, I was looking for a way to discredit the CSR link, and I didn't find one. Unfortunately, it seems very clear that there are plausible connections between ACTH/MSH and CSR.

Although, at the end he says:

Whether or not ACTH has a role in the pathogenesis of CSR in healthy subjects is an intriguing question in itself and should prompt further clinical and laboratory research.
    Any comments you could make would be greatly appreciated. Also, any related material you could make reference to would be totally sweet, since you obviously have greater access to this kind of material than most people.
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER