Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: starting Luminous One treatments

Sorry that i haven't posted anything about my second treatment yet (which I had almost a week ago with Dr. J), but i'm on vacation so it is hard for me to get to a computer. So far I have not noticed an improvement in my redness or flushing- actually, I think that my flushing is worse. I'm on vacation, though, so it's hard to guage how I would be doing in my normal routine, but so far i'm discouraged. Maybe i just need to wait for my skin to heal more thoroughly, though- or maybe it's not the magic cure i wanted. I'll have my third treatment on the 20th, and if i don't notice some decent improvement after that, then i guess i'll stop with the luminous one and look for something else. Has anyone had luck with YAG in the south east US, by any chance? I'm crossing my fingers for improvement- does anyone know how long it should take to notice a difference with your skin after an ipl treatment?

It takes about 6 to eight weeks to settle. After one week your skin/vessles will still be upset and thus too early to tell any benefits.

hello all,
    I have had my 3rd treatment yesterday, and am fairly encouraged. After my second treatment, I was upset because I noticed no difference in my redness, and i think that my flushing got worse! but dr. johnson was very helpful and encouraging, and perscribed me the beta blocker zebeta for my social blushing, and also klonopin for occasional use- I will be filling them tomorrow, so I will let you know how they work for me in a few weeks time. Dr. johnson also gave me a very thorough treatment, using a fourth pass this time, and he also treated my ears, since they have been bothering me lately. Yesterday i felt like I had a bad sunburn, and still a little today- i am recovering well, but it is definitely too early to tell if i've had any progress. Here's hoping! I will keep you all posted.

Default vbeam

I live in New York. I had the v-beam and those spots which were zapped on my forehead do not flush at all anymore. It has been about 1 year since my v-beam, i did it twice. First I thought this was hypopigmentation because that zapped spot looks a litte lighter than the rest of my skin even when I am not flushed. But when I flush my face gets red but those spots remain white. They don't even flush a little bit. In your opinion will the even flushing ever come back?, what I mean is will the redness and color ever come back into these white/pale spots so that the flushing will be even. My problem is I don't really have rosacea, and if i do its extremely mild. I should never have had this done to my face. The dermatologist told me that it would help with only wrinkles but what it did was kill the blood vessels. Do you think I should wait and pray that the redness/color comes back? or do you think I should get IPL? and do you know any good doctors in New York. I heard of the new sciton BBL ipl system? have you heard of this? I just don't want to make another mistake. If the redness will come back for sure i'd be blessed?

Default drs in New York

Boy is that an age old problem. You would think that this city would have soeone knowledgeable in Rosacea but its mostly cosmetic derms who do Rosacea on the side. I think Melissa is using a Dr. Levine at NYU. I'm using Dr. Bruce Katz- 56 st. Also like Dr. Ross Levy in Mt Kisco- thats a drive but he is really good with vbeam. Unfortunately after 1 year stopped working for me.
    Good luck
    Arlene

I am using Dr. Levine at NYU for Perfecta VBeam. I think she's very good.

I also have used Dr. Linda Franks in Gramercy Park and she's also very good except her VBeam is not the most recent model. She doesn't have the Perfecta unfortunately.

So, just a little update, everybody- so far, no redness reduction (that I can see- although my boyfriend says he sees a difference, but he always just tries to make me feel better- which I guess is great, actually Oh, and also, a friend told me last night that he thought my skin looks amazing- however, he thinks that my redness is really cute and endearing, which we all know is NOT true!). So anyways, no difference in my redness that I can see. However, yesterday I did think that my Zebeta was starting to take effect, because my social blushing was much better than normal. I'm not sure, though, if it is actually working yet, because I just started to take it about 3 days ago, so i'm not sure if it was actually the Zebeta, or if it was just a very good day for me. I will keep you all posted- it's only been 5 days since my last treatment, so I think that my skin is still recovering, and I'm keeping my hopes up that soon I will be pale and beautiful! (Sadly, I've had that dream for almost 6 years now, and it has never been realized

Everyone- just an update- I will be having my 4th treatment on Tues, sept. 11. So far, some days I think that I am having results with redness reduction and flushing, but most days I think that my skin is just the same as always. I am thinking that my skin is a little splotchier than usual, in terms of some lighter places rather than just solid red on my cheeks. My cheeks don't even bother me that much, though- It's the rest of my face that I really want the IPL to help with! So, I'm thinking if I don't notice a significant difference after my 4th treatment, I'm thinking maybe Yag for my flushing and V-Beam for my redness - any thoughts, anyone?

how many passes are you getting?
    what does Dr. Johnson say about the situation?

John

I've been getting the triple-pass treatment done, and last time he also spot treated me with another more superficial tip in a few places- I think when I go for my fourth treatment on tuesday I'll ask Dr. Johnson to use that tip all over my face and have 4 passes. I'm going to talk with him more about the situation on Tuesday- he's so nice and helpful, and last time he really seemed to think that we could get the situation under control, I was just a bit of a tougher case than usual We'll see- I'll keep you posted!