Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: starting Luminous One treatments

I can't tell you for sure, because I think that Dr. Johnson might specify treatments for each patient, and it might be a different price depending on what areas of your face he treats- or he might only do full faces- i'm not sure. He is doing my full face, and it is $500 per treatment. Dr. Johnson is super nice, and very responsive- you can do a google search on him and look up his clinic in Sevierville, TN, and write him an e-mail with specific questions if you are thinking about getting treated with him- he responds very quickly and is very helpful.

i was just wondering mandaO i have similar skin type to yours did you swell up at all after the treatment??

sam

While I don't have blond hair, my skin type is pretty fair complexion (not pale, but not olive or darker either). I posted a while back about my treatment protocol and response to date. Here is a brief summary.

Treatment 1 with Lum One (Used Dr. Crouch protocol)
    1st pass- 590nm
    2nd pass- 615nm
    3rd pass- 695nm
    4th pass- 515nm (my doc included this last pass because they have had success with it)

Treatment 2
    1st pass 560nm
    2nd pass 590nm
    3rd pass 615nm
    4th pass 515nm

Treatment 3
    1st pass- 590nm
    2nd pass- 615nm
    3rd pass- 695nm
    4th pass- 695nm

In terms of reaction, the only noticable improvement I have seen was after my first treatment, when I experienced a couple white spots that have remained pale for the last 2 months. I have had conversations with Dr. Crouch in the UK and with Dr. Nase to try to find the best protocol, and Dr. Crouch thinks that my best bet may be the 515nm filter since I can tolerate it, and my doc thinks that it was the 515nm filter that produced the white spots during my first treatment.

I have my fourth treatment tomorrow, and if I don't see any more progress after that treatment, I may consider other options (e.g. Vbeam and 1064 Yag).

Good luck! I hope you see some improvement after the 3rd treatment- I will keep posting and let everyone know how mine is going!

Hi Manda,
    I was supposed to have my 2nd treatment this morning, but it was cancelled on Monday by their office. Will reschedule and try for the middle or end of August now, they will compensate my travel penalty of $150.00 to change my airline tickets to a future date, so I won't be at a loss. - I was able to cancel my Hotel room and car rental with no charge, but with "Cheap-Tickets" I ended up having to call their customer service line, which is obviously in India, 5 or 6 times before I could get the airfare cancelled and straightened out to reschedule a flight and get a credit for the money left over after the penalty. VERY difficult to understand their English, but they are very polite, which was refreshing.

My first appointment was actually canceled the first 3 times that it was scheduled, which cost me some $ in hotel cancellations, but they did give me my first treatment free, which was very nice- i think their office is going through some renovations and staff changeovers, which is making things difficult

wow... 500 is pricey for IPL. I would love to go see Dr. J, but that's a bit far and a bit pricey.
    Subtype-1: Cheek and ear flushing
    Currently: IPL

Quote Originally Posted by portallion
    While I don't have blond hair, my skin type is pretty fair complexion (not pale, but not olive or darker either). I posted a while back about my treatment protocol and response to date. Here is a brief summary.

Treatment 1 with Lum One (Used Dr. Crouch protocol)
    1st pass- 590nm
    2nd pass- 615nm
    3rd pass- 695nm
    4th pass- 515nm (my doc included this last pass because they have had success with it)

Treatment 2
    1st pass 560nm
    2nd pass 590nm
    3rd pass 615nm
    4th pass 515nm

Treatment 3
    1st pass- 590nm
    2nd pass- 615nm
    3rd pass- 695nm
    4th pass- 695nm

In terms of reaction, the only noticable improvement I have seen was after my first treatment, when I experienced a couple white spots that have remained pale for the last 2 months. I have had conversations with Dr. Crouch in the UK and with Dr. Nase to try to find the best protocol, and Dr. Crouch thinks that my best bet may be the 515nm filter since I can tolerate it, and my doc thinks that it was the 515nm filter that produced the white spots during my first treatment.

I have my fourth treatment tomorrow, and if I don't see any more progress after that treatment, I may consider other options (e.g. Vbeam and 1064 Yag).
    you seem to really know wat you are talking about i dont have a clue about passes??? all i know is i had a countless amount of zaps on my face...does pass just mean change in the filter..im really confused, you said about the 515nm and being able to tolerate it does this mean it comes closer to the skin more than the 590 etc...i really dont know which way they work..like which ones stronger... ;s if anyone cud help that wud be great

thanx
    sam

bentherebefore,
    It was tough to locate a decent IPL/Laser Doc who knew rosacea, I'd much rather travel and spend $$$ on someone I trust. I could be getting my treatments around here through my insurance for a co-pay of $15. per treatment - which I did a few times, but I'm not impressed with any Derm or Doc around here.

I was just checking out dr. johnson's website in more depth today. That man is very knowledgable! Wow. I'm impressed. Maybe I will have to make the trip to see him some day.
    Subtype-1: Cheek and ear flushing
    Currently: IPL