Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: starting Luminous One treatments

Default starting Luminous One treatments

just to let everyone know, i have be reading everyone's posts for awhile and i would like to let you all know that i am starting luminous one treatments to decrease my permanent redness and facial flushing. I will be going to Dr. Johnson in TN, who I had a consult with and I think very highly of. I will keep everyone updated on how it's going over the next few months and if it helps. Here's hoping!
    -manda

good luck and pls do keep us informed

Good luck, I am starting mine the 16th.

my treatments were supposed to start this sat., but sadly i had to reschedule for next week, so i'll let you know how it goes!

MandaO - How was your first Lumenis1 treatment??

My first treatment went very well... Dr. Johnson and his staff are super nice, and he is very optimistic about how my skin responded today, and thinks my treatments will go very well- right now, my skin feels a little tight and sunburnt, but i'm not sure how it'll be tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted, but Dr. Johnson said that I probably won't be able to see a huge difference until after my 3rd treatment- by then, he thinks my progress will be very noticeable. I'm really tired now- (just got back home from TN after driving for 8 hours!), so I will post more in a few days, to let you know how my face looks. FYI, my next treatment will be in 2 weeks, on Aug. 2.

portallion

Default Lumenis One

MandaO: Can you provide some details on your specific symptoms and the treatment regimen you recieved with Dr. Johnson. I am getting Lum One treatements outside of Washington, DC for facial redness and flushing, but have not gotten the results I am looking for yet and am still trying to find the best course forward.

Thanks!

My symptoms are also permanent redness and facial flushing, but I've only had one treatment, so thus far I haven't noticed a difference. Dr. Johnson said that after my 3rd treatment, I should be able to see a substantial difference, but I will need a total of six treatments (most likely).
    Portallion- What kind of skin type do you have? I am blonde and blue-eyed with very fair skin, which Dr. Johnson said is easiest to treat with the Lum1, and my skin type tends to be very responsive. He said it's harder to treat people with a more olive completion and darker skin with the Lum1. Also, how many treatments have you had- do you see any difference? I'm very curious to hear about other experiences of rosacea patient undergoing the same treatments as me. Has your doctor treated a lot of rosacea patients?

Duke City- have you had your second treatment yet? how is your skin doing? I haven't noticed any difference in mine, but I've only had one treatment so far (although, i must admit, I was really hoping for some magic

how much does dr. johnson charge for treatments?
    Subtype-1: Cheek and ear flushing
    Currently: IPL