Thread: GREAT RESULTS FROM RED LIGHT AFTER 1 WEEK!

notsolucky

Default GREAT RESULTS FROM RED LIGHT AFTER 1 WEEK!

I have been using my 3 head all red + near infrared LED acne lamp for one week now in combination with ALOE99 (from the uk) every night (wash it off in the morning). When I started using it a week ago, I had just had a rosacea breakout on my left cheek. It seems that using it for more than an hour a day every day (I do not apply anything to my face during the day), has helped reduce the papules, pustules and redness significantly (I usually nap while I use the lamp). I have mild rosacea all over my face (from forehead down to cheeks) in combination with mild acne (whiteheads and blackheads) on my nose and forehead. I have not noticed the red light helping my acne, but the rosacea definitely diminished so far and I have not had any flushing this week. I am a 21 year old male, by the way, living in the dry climate of southern California. I am thinking of incorporating blue light into my treatment for the acne on the nose and forehead areas, but am not sure if there is potential for aggrivating my rosace with it. Anyway, I hope this post helps others. I would highly recommend trying this form of treatment, as I am already seeing improvement. If anyone knows about blue light (LED) effect on rosacea, I'd appreciate it as well, as I am new to this and truely clueless! Good luck guys!

Glad to hear that you have noticed improvement in just a week.

I believe blue light is more for the Acne component of Rosacea. I haven't tried it myself.

Please keep us up-dated on your progress.

Jen

notsolucky

Default Thanks for the reply!

First off, I just wanted to say thanks for your response redhotoz! As I am new to this forum, I find it very encouraging that there are so many knowledgeable and extremely helpful people out there. It's nice to know that there is a community of people just like myself that want to help each other towards the goal of defeating/controlling this life changing disorder/disease.

I think you are right about blue light being more for acne, but isn't it more geared towards acne vulgaris (whiteheads, blackheads, etc.). I am really confused about it, since I suffer from both mild rosacea (forehead, nose, cheeks) and mild whiteheads and blackheads (that only affect my nose and forehead). If I continue to use the all red + nearinfra all over my face, but just use the blue on my nose and forehead, I am afraid the blue might just irritate the rosacea part a bit. I assume you use an all red lamp as well? Have you had good results like myself? Do you know of any users that might know about the effects of blue led light on rosacea? I find that most people that suffer from rosacea, don't have acne (whiteheads, blackheads) at the same time, although I could be wrong. This is what makes my situation so unique. If you know of anyone on the forums that might know, please let me know, as I'm willing to try anything

Thanks again Jen! I appreciate it! And I will definitely continue to post regarding my results... I hope others can benefit from it as well...

Since I haven't had any personal experience with blue light, I can't give you my personal opinion on it. I would like to try it for 'natural' control of p&p's. There are a few others who have used blue light as well as red on this Forum. I can't think of specific members right now. You could run a Forum search (link at the top of the page) for "blue light" or something like that.

I can't recall any member here reporting that blue light was detrimental to their Rosacea. Some companies make blue/red combo lamps. Yup, mostly aimed at Acne but you must remember that Rosacea wasn't always called Rosacea. It was more about an adult Acne 'disorder'. I guess Rosacea came about and sub-types created because we are all so different.

I'm not sure if I have Acne to be honest. I get blackheads and a few whiteheads from time to time. P&p's are different. If I have Acne, it's a mild form but the p&p's are a pain in the behind!!! LOL

Listen, I am not sure if blue light will help with blackheads or whiteheads. I assume that it is geared more towards the 'under-grounders'...the ones that really hurt and take ages to clear up? I don't really know. What I do know is that my red LED array helps to keep my face calm. You can check it out here:

http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewtopic.php?t=3542

It's a home-made array and is fabulous. IowaDavid made the panels for me and my boyfriend set it up in a frame, then mounted it above my bed. I fall asleep under it. Very de-stressing.

Anyway, shall end now. More packing to do.

Jen

Oh, you might like to check out this thread too:

http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewtopic.php?t=3973

It's a photo 'diary' of my Rosacea. Blah! LOL Why not let everyone see my ugly mug shots?! LOL

Jen

Two thumbs up for Red Light!

Default Found something interesting

Wow! Thanks for all of that information! You have truly come a long long way Jen! I am glad that RLT is helping you so much. And yes, P&P's are so different than whiteheads and blackheads. The P&P's are so much harder to deal with and take longer to heal and disappear. They suck! hehe :P Oh, by the way you array looks awesome! Wish I had one that would cover my whole face all at once! Could you recommend one like that? I have the 3 head acne lamp. It is ok for now, as it is my first one.

I just found something interesting about blue light howerever, on a forum not geared directly towards rosacea, but rather acne. I absoultely do not want to discourage anybody, but I thought this was interesting as 2 users have reported using blue light for acne, and actually developing new acne in some new areas they hadn't before, as well as some red patch? So now I am kind of scared of trying blue light (this was acnelamp by the way - BLUE LIGHT LED, not flourescent). I may just stay with red light in combination with the Aloe99 and hope that it keeps the whitehead/blackhead problem under control.

My problem is that the whiteheads/blackheads thrive on the acne bacteria, but the only way I have found to kill that bacteria is BP, which is so detrimental to rosacea skin. It makes my nose so red, even though it clears the whiteheads/blackheads so well! So I need an alternative - something that will fight the bacteria, yet not irritate or overdy rosacea skin. I am not sure how well Aloe works against acne bacteria, but it does seem to help with the whitehead/blackhead problem off and on. Maybe in combination with the red light to reduce inflammation, it will work well enough. I am not sure.

Here is the link:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/ind...hreaded&start=

Hope your packing goes well!

P.S. Fut, what is your regimen like? Do you use just all red everyday, any topicals, etc.?

My Net connection is about to be disconnected before I move. Probably won't have my new connection for a week or so.

Check out the links I provided and read through this area of the Forum.

Take care

Jen

Default Update on my progress

It has been just about 2 weeks since I started RLT. Anyway, so far it has been fairly steady progress. I think it is helping most with the papules and pustules. I noticed that right after I use the lamp for about 30 minutes, the areas where I have p & p's get slightly redder (I think this means It is working). I then apply ALOE 99 and that quickly soothes the slight redness and within 10-15 minutes my face is back to normal and looking even better than it did before the RLT 30 minute session. I do this twice a day.

So to sum up - my regimen is as follows:
    AM:
    1. Shower- gently clean face with a a wet face cloth (microfiber)
    2. 30 Minutes of RLT (3 head acnelamp RED + NEARINFRARED) - make sure face is dry and does not have anything applied
    3. Apply a thin layer of ALOE99 all over face

PM:
    Repeat the 3 steps from AM

My results so far have been really good. I do notice however that RLT does slightly dry my skin out, which is why I add the ALOE99 into the mix. This brand specifically is great, because it moisturizes and doesn't overdry. You can wear it all day long without the peeling and flaking. I will post another update soon.