Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: should i wear googles or not i got bad eye puffiness

Default should i wear googles or not i got bad eye puffiness

Hey I have got alot of fluid its like white fluid under my bottom lid of my eye and its causing me alot of eye pain and its puffy under both eyes. This was a problem since having ipl which i reacted badly to and seems the swelling in my face never calmed down.

I always wear my googles when using my red light i also dont use it for very long each night as i wanted be extra carefull but as im in alot of pain and hate the puffiness around my eyes do you think it could help more not wearing my googles and just shutting my eyes. Does anyone else just close their eyes or what do you think i should do.Is it dangerous to not wear googles and to just shut your eyes. Anyone who has tried this with postivie or negative side effects can you please post.

Thank you Sarah

Be really grateful for any replies

Hi Sarah,

Is the white fluid like pus? It could be a bacterial infection. Are your eyes red at all? How long have you had these symptoms?

Melissa

Default googles

hey, my eyes are not red my eye lid is bottom lid is a little its actually the bottom of my eye there is this fluid i wouldnt say its pus. I have had problems with my eyes since ipl i regret it so much. Im unsure wether to use my googles tonight maybe it will help more if i dont as the googles cover the pufiness and cant target the fluid with them on. What do you think?Has you or anyone else not used googles before for just red light i really need replies on this asap as i got to use my light in abit

Thanks Sarah

Sarah,

I'm so sorry but I just don't know.
    Have you tried cold compresses for the swelling?

I'm not sure if you're supposed to wear goggles with the RLT but don't take a chance unless you know it's OK.

Good luck.
    Melissa

Sarah--I'd wear goggles, yes. I tried using my unit without goggles for a week or a bit more and my left eye began to hurt. I started using goggles again, and it went away. I don't know if it was a coincidence, I just know I wouldn't use my light again without eye protection.
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

Default eye protection

Thanks for the reply. Well i will stick to wearing googles then i just wondor if wearing googles can still help my irrated eyes? The ones im using are from acnelamp the free ones that come with it. Im unsure to wether i should buy a new pair as these are really tight on. What ones are recommended and also where can i get them from?Does anyone wearing googles found the red light to have still helped their eyes?

Might PM banshee about that. I meant to ask her, as I thought she'd spoken to her doc about that. My array may be too bright to use without goggles.

If you reduce your general redness, it should help to some extent with your eye symptoms. You using eyelid scrubs? EPO?

As for the googles--I cut out the band or whatever it comes with and ran some string through the holes on the corners of the goggles and doubled it back and tied it off to the size of my head.

For the nose piece, I cut the plastic bridge there so there were two small stubs on either goggle. I used a small drill to make holes in these stubs, but you could probably heat up a large needle until it's red hot and just push that through the plastic to make a hole. Then if you cut a rubber band up, take about 2 inches or so, slice each end with some sharp scissors so it's pointed, you can poke each end through either hole you've made, and pull the rubber band through until it's full width is stuck in the hole, it will make the goggles easier on your nose. (Not sure if you ever swam, but this what we used to do with our goggles when we bought new ones).
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

Hello Sarah

This discussion has cropped up before and my advice is always to wear goggles regardless of which light source you are using. I know Kristen (Banshee) was experimenting with using LED directly into her eyes but from what I remember she was having them regulary checked just to play safe. Maybe she will post on her results and update us?

I always found when I started with RLT that the elastic on my goggles made them tight and uncomfortable plus I got neck ache from sitting upright for 15 minutes. I got round this by resting my lamp on a small table which had an area underneath cut out so I could lay underneath it. It works very well because the distance is kept fixed plus you can rest the goggle eye pieces loose (less elastic) over your eyes and relax.

If you use this link it will take you to a picture of my lamp arrangement.

http://vmphoto.photobox.co.uk/album/...photo=85056407

Thanks

Peter

Hi Sarah,

From all I've read on Low Level (Diode) Red Light Therapy, I determined it to be safe for my eyes and do not use goggles in treatment. I have an extremely large unit (2290 LEDs) which I use at least once a week within 1 - 2 inches from my face. I have gifted a small unit to an elderly neighbour for his blepharitis (which he'd had for decades and was having no relief), it cleared within weeks. His doctor now recommends this modality to his patients. I have spoken with many doctors regarding this treatment and they have all expressed sincere interest and those that I have followed up with had more questions and indicated they were going to purchase units personally as well as promote it to patients. The consensus is that it is safe and has multiple uses.

Anyway regarding the eyes, there are treatment studies where RLT has been used on ocular conditions with good result. Based on those and my personal experience I am confident in my choice to not use goggles. You may want to PM Jen (RedHotOz) to ask what she does as well.

All the best!
    Corinna

Hello Sarah

I use primarily a fluorescent tubed lamp and I have always worn goggles as advised by the manufacturers. The light it omits is extremely bright and powerful and I can appreciate the need for eye protection. I have experimented with an LED lamp and again I was advised to wear goggles from the instructions from the manufacturers.

Whether long term usage from either type of light source could damage your eyesight needs to be proved but I am not prepared to take the risk, especially as I do not need to treat my eyes with RLT. All I would say is if in doubt then seek advice from a professional person who has specific knowledge of the unit you are using before you decide what to do.

Good luck

Peter