Thread: increase in rosacea symptoms after surgery? (any surgery)

Default increase in rosacea symptoms after surgery? (any surgery)

Hi people, does anyone know if surgery, not ETS, but any type of surgery, can make rosacea worse? I think I remembeer reading about someone who had some typ of surgery done, which affected the severity of the persons rosacea symptoms negatively. Has anyone experienced this?
    Thanks

noone knows? come on! dont be shy

Sweden

Sorry I cant help, I havent had any surgery. Not even had any blood taken

Just wanted to give you one reply

Sarah,

You never even had any blood taken??
    You are soooo lucky!!! I had enough blood taken this year alone to last me a lifetime!

Sweden,

I'm sorry, I have no idea. I suppose if the surgery involves anesthesia that may worsen flushing temporarily.
    I had root canal three weeks ago. Does that count as surgery? Anyway, it didn't affect my rosacea but my cheek (where I got the injections) hurt for the last 3 weeks. The endodontist said that was a side effect in some people (lucky me) due to trauma at the injection site. Luckily it's beginning to feel a bit better.

What type of surgery were you wondering about? If we knew a specific surgery perhaps someone would be able to give you more info.

Melissa

Default Re: increase in rosacea symptoms after surgery? (any surgery

Quote Originally Posted by sweden
    Hi people, does anyone know if surgery, not ETS, but any type of surgery, can make rosacea worse? I think I remembeer reading about someone who had some typ of surgery done, which affected the severity of the persons rosacea symptoms negatively. Has anyone experienced this?
    Thanks
    The only time I have ever experienced a flushing kind of thingy coming on was after a prostrate biopsy.I had it on the friday and between friday and sunday night i developed a kind of fever, just went up to hospital and they said that i had a slight blood infection that could have led to septacemia and i was admited straight away and put on a drip and antibiotics. But i always firmly believe that any invasive surgery into the body,no matter how insignificant can have a dramatic shock effect on the body. I think if you are not really feeling yourself don't wait until it gets worse take action.
    cure

I had an endoscopy a while back when i had an ulcer from taking doxry. I was worried that the anesthetic would make me flush so told the doctor and they said they'd give me the smallest dose possible. When i woke up i had no extra flushing at all, which amazed me because even panadine makes me flush.

I was going to ask this same question.....I honestly didn't even know I had rosacea until after abdominal surgery, I broke out all over my forehead. (Looked like a pimple breakout at the age of 59) It never went away and a trip to the Doc found me with a tube of cortisone!!! Just kept getting worse....it was a beautician who said it looked like Rosacea....so I started using Demalogica products...( was starting to calm somewhat) until now I have been in for my 2nd surgery and WOW....it's worse than ever! Not sure what to do about it.

Did you happen to take prophylactic antibiotics for the surgery? If so, that could potentially be related if their is an altered state in the gut microbiome. Just throwing out an idea....

My rosacea was much better for a while after surgery, though I was on a cephalexin antibiotic, methadone, and percocet, so who knows what affected it