Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Q&A - Interview with Dr Zenda Garcia-Lat

Default 2007 Q&A - Interview with Dr Zenda Garcia-Lat

Dr Zenda Garcia-Lat has kindly agreed to do a Q&A for Forum members in relation to IPL.

You can check out her web site for more info on what she does:

http://www.paramusplasticsurgery.com/index.html

and more specifically on IPL for Rosacea:

http://www.paramusplasticsurgery.com...ocedures.htm#1

Dr Garcia-Lat said that she has more before/after photos but needs to up-date her web site. Current photos on her web site can be found here:

http://www.paramusplasticsurgery.com...se_studies.htm

I do hope Dr Garcia-Lat will up-date with more photos soon.

If you have any questions you would like to ask about IPL, please post them. I will leave this thread up as an 'Announcement' for about a month and then submit the questions to Dr Garcia-Lat.

I think the USA east coast folks might appreciate this, as I often hear that the east coast folks feel that there are very few docs to choose from.

Anyway, away we go. Who has a question?

Jen

jay

Default ipl

Redhotz,

Hi,

How did you hear about this provider?

Hi Jay

Well, that's not really a question for the doc, huh, but I will answer none the less.

I recieved an e-mail from a member of this Forum asking if it might be possible to do more Q&A's. That member had some work done by Dr Garcia-Lat and was happy with the work.

Anyway, I did some on-line research and found that Zenda had quite a good reputation. I then rang Zenda in America to ask her directly. She seemed surprised by my call (probably more so because I was calling from Australia) but agreed to do a Q&A.

So there it is. Zenda has been around for quite some years and the east coast folks of the USA often post about wanting to find a good IPL doc. The opportunity to ask questions and decide for yourself is now, in this thread.

Hope this answers your question.

Jen

Dr. Garcia-Lat,

I and several others have rosacea that effects ears as well as the face. This includes ear flushing in the evening, to heat, and many other triggers. Can you treat these sensitive areas with IPL or do you have any recommendations regarding this? Some of those that have had it done have seen good results, but I know many physicians would rather not treat them due to the sensitivity. Thanks, Ben, Chicago
    Subtype-1: Cheek and ear flushing
    Currently: IPL

Hi Dr. Garcia-Lat,

Thanks for providing us with this opportunity.

I'd like to know if you would recommend IPL for the flushing/burning aspect of rosacea. Many people have VBeam or Nd-Yag 1064 for that type of roscea. What are your thoughts as to the best treatment for flushing and burning?

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Jen,
    Thanks for doing this for us!
    Hope your packing's going smoothly.

What treatment would you recommend for orange-peel skin and early-stage rhinophyma?

What treatment would you recommend for combination regular acne, Type I rosacea, and seb derm?

What do you feel is the best way to get rid of telangiectasia?

Thank you.

Hi Dr Zenda Garcia-Lat

which treatment do you reccomend to your patients for flushing?

i do not have a permanantly red face,or that many broken veins other than round my nose,i have tryed the quantum IPL which only worsened my flushing...i am scared to try another laser as its left my skin in bad condition...are the other lasers that are not as strong?

thanx alot sam

Hi Dr. Garcia-Lat,

I was also wondering what you prescribe, if anything, after an IPL or laser treatment. Do you prescribe anything to prevent angiogenesis? Some people use sea cucumber, milk thistle, and/or certain antibiotics (such as clarithromycin that is supposed to help inhibit blood vessel growth).

Also, how many treatments would you initially recommend for flushing/burning and what is the prognosis in your opinion for this condition when treated with IPL or laser?

Thanks again,
    Melissa

Hi Dr. Garcia-Lat,

I was also wondering if you pre-flush any of your patients before treatment and what is your thinking on that topic? For rosaceans who go to you for treatment of their flushing do you find you get better results when they are flsuhed before you treat?

Thanks again,
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by melissawohl
    Hi Dr. Garcia-Lat,

I was also wondering what you prescribe, if anything, after an IPL or laser treatment. Do you prescribe anything to prevent angiogenesis? Some people use sea cucumber, milk thistle, and/or certain antibiotics (such as clarithromycin that is supposed to help inhibit blood vessel growth).

Thanks again,
    Melissa
    I've been treated by Dr. Zenda Garcia-Lat for three IPLs. She did prescribe me clarithromycin for after the IPLs, but only because I asked.