Thread: Humidity and Seb Derm

Default Humidity and Seb Derm

I have rosacea and in the past have had seb derm. I recently moved to DC and what i think to be seb derm has gotten uncontrollable. I normally live in Utah where the air is very dry. Has anyone experienced worsening of thier seb derm or rosacea in more humid places?

My face definitely reacts to high humidty.

Bonnie, how is Tennessee;s humidity on your skin? I have a friend there.

Mines the opposite, low humidity triggers mine but anywhere between 40-60% is good and actually improves it.

this is an interesting thread.

so far i've only noticed seb derm since around last thanksgiving... just right then.... comes and goes. i live in chicago.

since it's gotten warmer... much less seb derm. and i haven't taken anything for it. besides some coconut oil applied to it minus the perm red and p&p rosacea stuff... i did that for a few days in winter and it went away... then came back a few weeks later..... but now it's warm out. hmmm.
    Eat up your spinach, it'll put color in your cheeks.
    But I don't want green cheeks!

Quote Originally Posted by nbapoker
    Bonnie, how is Tennessee;s humidity on your skin? I have a friend there.
    Humidity is very high in TN in the summer. It is good for most people's skin if they have dry skin. It seems to make mine more oily which causes problems as you know. I think that it aggravates my seb derm and causes my face to itch. Like crawly things on it. This causes me to touch my face more, which you shouldn't do because of germs.

I get the crawly feeling as well. I may have Seb Derm on my face but have not been diagnosed for it yet. I thought the rosacea was the reason for my crawly feeling. I also get stinging on my face and scalp. I have dandruff on the scalp that I am having problems with......

Ive noticed an interesting pattern with my seb derm, i grew up in utah and when i was 19 i moved to Upstate New York. It was quite humid there an my seb derm got quite bad while living there.
    I later moved back to Utah and only had minor issues with my seb derm.
    Now i have moved back to DC for the summer and the day after i got here my face went crazy. I didnt know if it was my rosacea or seb derm cause it was mostly on my cheeks and normall the seb derm is more on my forhead and where my sideburns are. I used everything i had for rosacea and nothing worked. Finally i started washing my face with tgel and using ketokonozole on my cheeks and face as well. The flakyness is now gone.
    My cheeks are still somewhat red but not nearly as much as they were with the seb derm. I don't like using the keto where my face is affected with rosacea but overall it is much better than if i don't use it. The Tgel has also seemed to work wonders. It stung at first and for the first 2 days didnt do much but by day 3 there was a noticable difference.
    So i really do think the humidity doesnt help seb derm. I now have been washing my cheeks, nose forhead chin and ears and the seb derm is almost completely gone.
    The deciding factor will now be when i head back to utah at the end of the summer and i dont use any of the keto or tgel and see if it comes back.

In WNY we just had a couple of pretty humid weeks, and my flakiness was way down. Today the weather is cooler and less humid and I have some flakes. I'm wondering if the dryness or humidity levels in the area have a big impact on seb derm.