Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: When a red face isn't rosacea is everyones doctor checking?

My dermatologist(s) said it is not rosacea, it's SD (I don't think so). Only one examined my face thoroughly and was still dubious about AR. All of them were quite frank, almost harsh: "there's no cure for that, get used to it, take antibiotics or have a laser treatment. Diet won't help. Nothing will help apart from the strict hygiene..." As if I looked or were dirty as a cavemen (cavewoman ) or a beggar. Doctors I encountered have been very depressing. Always in a hurry. 15 minutes of hasty doctor's small talk and then automatic prescriptions and "come back to see me in 3 months".
    I am so glad I found this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Omppu View Post
    Oh yes, I was diagnosed the same way. Gave me Rozex metrogel and Tetracycline. Rozex doesn't work and Tetrasyl gave me side effects. Going to another dermatologist on Friday.

The thing is that is not only my face but other symptoms too which is why I've been to blood tests through another doctor, or two, who doesn't know what they're doing because my thyroid levels been coming down. Seeing an endocrinologist in June.

Last time I told the doc that why the reference values even exist if they don't give a **** until it's only under the references. Like people couldn't have symptoms with values close to it.

Oona
    Even when its' under or over they dont give a **** in the UK anymore..

I'm seeing my gp next week. I have mild flushing and small visible blood vessels on cheeks and legs. Thought it might be roseaca but reading your stories not so sure now.

Think it could be this which has many causes?
    https://www.healthline.com/health/te...asia#diagnosis

Not sure if it could be from taking codeine&paracetomal& caffeine painkillers for migraines frequently? Or from steroid inhaler for dustmite allergy. I also came off HRT last October. So perhaps its drug side effects. I also suspect i have SIBO but it could be coeliac disease as i have autoimmune genes.

I'm also pre-meopause i think from symptoms and doc just tested my FSH and was slightly high. Iron was finally normal tho so perhaps not coeliac? I've been taking probiotics.

Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by ladycappuccino View Post
    My dermatologist(s) said it is not rosacea, it's SD (I don't think so). Only one examined my face thoroughly and was still dubious about AR. All of them were quite frank, almost harsh: "there's no cure for that, get used to it, take antibiotics or have a laser treatment. Diet won't help. Nothing will help apart from the strict hygiene..." As if I looked or were dirty as a cavemen (cavewoman ) or a beggar. Doctors I encountered have been very depressing. Always in a hurry. 15 minutes of hasty doctor's small talk and then automatic prescriptions and "come back to see me in 3 months".
    15 minutes is probably more than most are reporting. I started a thread a long time ago about a five minute diagnosis (14 page thread), and many agreed that it was less than five minutes. I wrote an article about this subject as well.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Default Thanks a lot

Thanks

Default The guaranteed way to diagnose rosacea

Quote Originally Posted by ladycappuccino View Post
    Hi,

Skin irritation and inflammation can produce a wide array of symptoms. Some can be itchy and irritating like eczema or SD. Some look more pronounced on the facial skin, such as rosacea - the disease of discussion here.

The striking feature that separates rosacea from other skin problems is that it results in a deep red coloration on the facial skin - a condition which is very common caucasian women of USA and Canada.

Exposure to extreme climates can cause flare ups..

This list speaks in details about the warning signs of rosacea you should be careful for and what preventive measures one can take.

Hope you see improvements in your conditions soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa W View Post
    Hi Kate,

My derm diagnosed rosacea without any workup to rule out other diseases. It wasn't until I got chilblains that the drs ordered the whole series of connective tissue blood tests to R/O all the other stuff. And that was months after I was formally diagnosed with rosacea.

I have Raynauds thereís a connection?
    What I have a lump that came up on my nose during cold weather and it wonít go away.
    And Iíve had terrible chilblanes. Any other information would be useful .
    Do you get raw sinuses? And sore mouth ?
    Best wishes,
    Melissa