Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: When a red face isn't rosacea is everyones doctor checking?

Hi Scully ,

Thanks for posting that, it's very helpful. You know, I've always inspected food labels but only this year did I start to check the labels of household products/toiletries.

You have all the right to feel that way, I would too! Many dermatologists should not be allowed to practice.

Take care.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Default A link to some of my thoughts on the subject as well

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
    Hi,

I found this to be very interesting, so thanks for bringing this topic up again Melissa... I'm going to the university derm center but my insurance will not cover it, so I would like to go to my regular doctor and get some testing done as opposed to at the derm. What kind of testing is suggested?? I would like to rule out any of these diseases or anything else that might be causing this awful flushing and redness, so can someone please provide a list of what should be tested for, deficiencies etc.and also diseases?? Thankyou!!

Something I notice also, I flush in my feet. What is that?? Lol! Really though, when I'm outside in the sun or the heat, or even if no heat and I'm walking or doing some kind of vigorous exercise, my feet will turn really red and flush, at first I thought, oh no it's sunburn, but my feet have never burned at all like that, and afterwards they always go back to white again. Is that a normal rosacea sign? Any thoughts? Thanks!

Bluesky
    i have the same, but not just my feet. My face, back of the hands and top of my chest also gets really red. At first i thought of Lupus but since im a caucasian man in my 20's its highly unlikely. Does yours feel like "pulsating" or "throbbing" when they get really red? feels like some sort of swelling

Quote Originally Posted by Mogge View Post
    i have the same, but not just my feet. My face, back of the hands and top of my chest also gets really red. At first i thought of Lupus but since im a caucasian man in my 20's its highly unlikely. Does yours feel like "pulsating" or "throbbing" when they get really red? feels like some sort of swelling
    That may be Erythromelalgia (EM) - look at www.erythromelalgia.org. It's usually hands and feet, but faces can be involved too.

Meg

Quote Originally Posted by meg View Post
    That may be Erythromelalgia (EM) - look at erythromelalgia.org. It's usually hands and feet, but faces can be involved too.

Meg
    EM is rare though (about 1 in 100.000) which makes even Lupus Erythematosus more likely. My hands and feet tend to "flare" when im drinking alcohol,shower in warm water or even by wearing a long-sleeved sweater indoors so it kind of fits with EM but it seems unlikely to have such a rare disease

EM is not as rare as once thought, although it is considered a rare disease according to NORD. With that said, I have never heard of hands or feet involvement when it comes to Lupus, although I may be wrong. It you have flushed extremities that turn red and burn, then it qualifies as EM. You can have varying underlying causes and it's still considered EM if you have these combined symptoms.

Meg

Quote Originally Posted by meg View Post
    EM is not as rare as once thought, although it is considered a rare disease according to NORD. With that said, I have never heard of hands or feet involvement when it comes to Lupus, although I may be wrong. It you have flushed extremities that turn red and burn, then it qualifies as EM. You can have varying underlying causes and it's still considered EM if you have these combined symptoms.

Meg
    The most common rash in lupus is the butterfly on the face. Rash on the back of the hands and on the V-neck area are sometimes presented as well. But that is usually efter being exposed to UV-light. It could be EM but even if its more common than 1 in 100.000 the chance is still pretty slim. Something like Histaminosis (histamine intolerance) would be more likely. Anyway i think im going to get a new appointment with my dermatologist and show her all the rashes and not just the one on my face

Default how can i create my own post?

could somone please tell me how to create my own post please, im sorry im replying to yours but this is the first one iv seen. need help

Default replying to a post or thread

Quote Originally Posted by RosaceaMakesMeSad View Post
    could somone please tell me how to create my own post please, im sorry im replying to yours but this is the first one iv seen. need help
    At the bottom of each post on the right is 'reply with quote' and if you simply want to add something to the thread you look for the the button at the very last post on the page +REPLY TO THREAD on the left side. This same button, +REPLY TO THREAD is also to the left at the top of each thread.

Here is some helpful info.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Hi all

In regards to the above posts...

Yes, Lupus is not as common in males as it is in females (Ratio Females 9:1 Males). Lupus can present itself in may different forms, and symptoms (all inflammatory) often masquerade as other diseases or health issues. The butterfly rash is not seen in every Lupus patient, but if it does appear it can certainly masquerade itself as Rosacea (Type 1). Inflammatory hand and and feet symptoms are common symptoms of lupus, particular if the person has systemic lupus, or Raynards (Raynards is often seen in patients with autoimmune disease) or chronic cutenous lupus affecting the hands or feet (lupus chillblains/ lupus pernio). If anyone thinks that they might have lupus they should see their GP for a referall to a Rheumatologist (multiple inflammatory symptoms) or Dermatologist (symptoms all skin related). Lupus symptoms information:
    http://www.dermnet.org.nz/immune/cutaneous-lupus.html
    http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/weba...268&zoneid=526
    http://www.hopkinslupus.org/lupus-info/
    Shantelle

31 Year old female from NZ