Thread: about my zit test and results

Default about my zit test and results

Tuesday was a long day taught 8-10 then went to yearly exam then
    went to teach 1-3 then 5-6 and at night had my private student the
    dermatologist his eyes bugged out at how bad my face was since he had given me antibiotics and offered to treat me free .......and he charges 35 000 pesos and hour and
    min wage is 500 pesos and hour....... so yesterday I had this wierd
    test done to see why as soon as I go off antibiotics I go all ugly I
    have the purple bruise again with ELEVEN zits in it and I couldnt even
    use makeup on it as I had to get the test done and Iwore a
    scarf over all my face cant teach like this tho

Was so scared the zits would pop in public

Rosacea sucks

I have the 3 worst skin conditions u can imagine, well apart from
    leprosy ...I have acne and rosacea and psoriasis

I was so bummed yesterday thought Im so frustrated will this ever end?
    Anyway this wierd test was called search for demodex and the lady popped one of my zits ewwww and put it on a slide and gave me the results and I took it to my student , I have 15 of these bugs and so he gave me a treatment. good is under 10 and bad is up to 100 so I am not THAT bad... Its common in rosacea sufferes. Yesterday I wore a scarf over my whole face today I pretended to be sneezing when anyone was near me and covered myself I really cant go around like this.
    So Im hoping he'll know what to do I really trust him.
    Demodex folliculorum:
    Demodex folliculorum mites are much more frequent in rosacea patients then in control groups. Early vascular and connective tissue changes probably create a favourable setting for a secondary proliferation. Demodex folliculorum may represent an important cofactor especially in papulopustular rosacea, in which a delayed hypersensitivity reaction is suspected, but it is not the cause of rosacea. On the other hand Demodex folliculorum is not detected in any rosacea patient and clearing rosacea signs after oral teracycline or sulfur ointment did not affect the resident demodex population.

Demodex folliculorum is a mite that infests hair follicles. It is believed that this mite contributes to a skin condition called rosacea by provoking a small allergic reaction in the follicle, blocking the follicle, or allowing other microorganisms to infect the skin.

Demodex mites are kind of a hot debate topic in the rosacea community. they live on everones face, everyone, mostly in the follicles of the eyebrows and lashes. Their active time is while we sleep, that when they mate and lay their aggs (in our pores, ewwwwwwwww) I do think they play a part in rosacea just because our skin is so much more sensitive and what "normal" people may be able to tolerate we cant. Did the doc perscribe a topical for you? There is one called ZZ cream that is non prescription that targets the mites, you can visit their website here
    http://www.demodexsolutions.com/
    It has worked for some, done nothing for others, which seems to the the case with anything. I use it, and it has helped my zits, though from the description of your bruise like zit spot, that is very different from my face, I just get them everywhere, though they do have their spots they pop up most.
    What antibiotic were you taking? They can be a godsend for some, and again for others, not so great. Sigh, your so right that this sucks.
    Can your face tolerate a warm compress? If your worried about the zits popping in public you can kind of "coax" them by applying a warm, not hot, washrag or cloth to them while you in the privacy of your home, ar a cotten swab (q-tip) to just the bump for about 15 min, do this over the course of a few hours, and just give them a gentle check. I KNOW we are not suppose to pop the zits because of the chance of scarring, but hey, you have to function in life too!

Laura

Default results

I know if I have to decide between a lil scar and a zit popping in public its the scar, sorry to say

I was taking doxycicline.

For 30 days!

I dont want to take any pills anymore as I want to get pregnant sometime this year.

Im just tired of this.

ps I am on metrogel and he asked me to buy this shampoo called launol and dab it oon my face its for hair mites!

katherine

That does sound frustrating, fingers crossed you find somthing to help soon. It's cool that your dermatologist is going to treat you for free.

There is some good info on demodex mites on this link. Like Laura said it is a bit of a hot topic, in that there is no scientific evidence that they cause rosacea but are observed to occur in higher numbers in rosacea skin rather than on normal skin, and some people have reported good results using treatment like the zz cream. So hopefully the treatments he'd recommending will help your skin.

http://www.dermnetnz.org/arthropods/demodicosis.html

Hi AK

I have the Acne form of Rosacea and Psoriasis too. The best thing I have found for me is...

In the morning, wash my face with Acarid Removing Soap in the shower. Leave my face wet (gently pat the excess drops off) and gently massage in about 4 drops of Rose Hip Oil. It's very soothing and any 'white mountains' (zits) don't need popping. Well, maybe the big ones. I read that if you only squeeze to get the gunk out and not let it bleed, they won't scar.

I try to maintain an unprocessed food diet. Fresh food...high in good fats (coconut oil; olive oil etc); good amount of protein and low in carbohydrates. No gluten products like bread, pasta, rice. No sugar. So, a good meal would be a nice cut of freshly cooked beef/chicken/pork/lamb/fish etc. (fat attached) and the other half of the plate loaded with low carb vegetables (eg. broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage etc). This is what I aim for but haven't been very good of late. There's a lot more to the diet which you can check out here on Bee's new web site: http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/index.php

At night, I wash my face with the Acarid Removing Soap over the bathroom sink, pat the drops of water off gently and massage in a small amount of ZZ Ointment.

When I go to bed, I lay under my red LED array which really helps to calm my face.

Well, that's my routine. When I stick with it, things are great, as long as I am not under a lot of stress. Stress is my biggest trigger.

Hope this helps.

Jen

Default thanks

You guys are amazing its great to have found a support group like this!

I was also given this lotion called launol that Im to dab on the bruise to kill the mites. People with lice use it to was their hair.
    And metrogel and another med I dont rememebr the name of

My psoriasis is bad as I have been more worried about the rosacea as its visible mind u when I shaved I used a cream and it burned so bad..

katherine

I've not heard of Launol before. Might check that out too.

I forgot to mention what I have found helpful for Psoriasis. I bought this shampoo and conditioner with Emu Oil in it. It's really nice and helps to keep the flakes down. My Mum gets it really bad (like having snow on her shoulders all the time). I gave her the Emu Oil shampoo and conditioner and she loves it too. I'm sure a health shop would sell it. I got mine from a stall at the local Spring Festival last year. I can give you the web site if you like, as they post internationally but might be a bit expensive when you add postage in.

Good luck!

Jen