Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: About the past: Important reading......

Jen

I find that whole questionaire strange. What angle is the peson comig from? Is this a research study? a tell all book? I just dont understand why anyone wouldn't want to reveal who they are and exactly why they are writing it? If you want something from people then surely you have to give something in return.

I would never just give away info in any aspect of my life without knowing who I was giving it to and why. Its like someone phoning up and asking you to do a survey but refusing to say what they want it for.

Hi Sarah

I assure you that the author is honest and trustworthy. The information that anyone chooses to provide will be treated as confidential, as explained by the author. Yes, it is research...for the book. The author has explained what the book is about. The return will be the finished book.

You can take my word for it or choose not to participate Sarah. I thought the message was self explanatory. If you are unsure about any aspect, send an e-mail to the author and ask the questions you would like answered. I simply delivered the message.

Jen

Quote Originally Posted by Skywolf
    Peter,
    I feel different about his book. Yes, It is a compilation, but it takes time to gather the info put it into book form, etc. I just think we need to give credit where credit is due. For you it may have rehased all the treatments, but for new people, not versed on this , not sayign it has all the answers, its a jumping off piont. Im not saying Nase is a nice guy, I hate what he did. and still does, to our community. He sort of started this board , almost ended it, got other boards messed up, lives that depended on the guru to help messed up, I hate all that, HATE IT.
    But if you sift through it all, there is some good he did. It went so tragicaly wrong. Its sad.

Laura
    Hello Laura

Iím sure at some stage he may have done some good but that was a long time ago now and more than erased by the substantial damage caused since. I have always believed that something good will eventually evolve from something bad and I hope this will be the case in this scenario. Also we cannot change the past but we can shape the future and again it looks like there could be a good opportunity out there.

Talking about books I reckon by the time I complete this questionnaire I will have written my own.

By the way I understand this Forum was created for him but ironically it finished up ejecting him.

Thanks

Peter

I do wonder if someone actually sent a copy of this questionnaire to Geoffrey nase, or Dr. Darm or the folks in San Antonio at the clinic?

Quote Originally Posted by redhotoz
    Hi Sarah

I assure you that the author is honest and trustworthy. The information that anyone chooses to provide will be treated as confidential, as explained by the author. Yes, it is research...for the book. The author has explained what the book is about. The return will be the finished book.

You can take my word for it or choose not to participate Sarah. I thought the message was self explanatory. If you are unsure about any aspect, send an e-mail to the author and ask the questions you would like answered. I simply delivered the message.

Jen
    I have to agree with Sarah. It seems so cloak and dagger, why the secrecy involving the authors identy? Its an interesting subject for a book, I will say, but I also would not give my information to someone who says up fron they are not going to say who they are.

Laura

Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    Peter,
    I feel different about his book. Yes, It is a compilation, but it takes time to gather the info put it into book form, etc. I just think we need to give credit where credit is due. For you it may have rehased all the treatments, but for new people, not versed on this , not sayign it has all the answers, its a jumping off piont. Im not saying Nase is a nice guy, I hate what he did. and still does, to our community. He sort of started this board , almost ended it, got other boards messed up, lives that depended on the guru to help messed up, I hate all that, HATE IT.
    But if you sift through it all, there is some good he did. It went so tragicaly wrong. Its sad.

Laura
    Hello Laura

Iím sure at some stage he may have done some good but that was a long time ago now and more than erased by the substantial damage caused since. I have always believed that something good will eventually evolve from something bad and I hope this will be the case in this scenario. Also we cannot change the past but we can shape the future and again it looks like there could be a good opportunity out there.

Talking about books I reckon by the time I complete this questionnaire I will have written my own.

By the way I understand this Forum was created for him but ironically it finished up ejecting him.

Thanks

Peter
    I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree. His book has helped many people, by their own testimony, and I dont think that should be erased because of what happened.
    My personal opinion of the man I have made quite clear, so Im not in the 'Nase camp" by any means, but I try also to see the good in a bad situation, and he did do a few good things. He did horrible things too, and I take that into account as well.

laura

Quote Originally Posted by redhotoz
    Hi Sarah

Jen
    I have to agree with Sarah. It seems so cloak and dagger, why the secrecy involving the authors identy? Its an interesting subject for a book, I will say, but I also would not give my information to someone who says up fron they are not going to say who they are.

Laura
    Hello

Sorry I canít really see the problem myself but at the end of the day you have to make your own call. Personally I have nothing to hide and I have already starting on my questionnaire, as I feel this particular research project could be of huge benefit to the rosacea society. If you have any doubts or concerns then just send the author an e mail.

Everything I will be writing on my questionnaire has already appeared on this Forum in some shape or form, for anybody in the World to read, so I canít see what the difference is as it applies to everyoneís posts on a public Forum. Whether the Debunkers or Nase will contribute to this is debatable but if I was in their shoes I would participate, just to ensure my point of view was put over.

Thanks

Peter

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree. laura
    Not a problem to me Laura.

I will agree with you there (we agree!! )
    Everything we say here is public domain, and I dont have anything to hide either (with this big mouth, come on, lol) But its just seems strange the secrecy. I may choose to fill out the questionare because I do think its an interesting subject.

Laura

I will agree with you there (we agree!! )
    Everything we say here is public domain, and I dont have anything to hide either (with this big mouth, come on, lol) But its just seems strange the secrecy. I may choose to fill out the questionare because I do think its an interesting subject.

Laura
    Hey Laura

Good I agree with you agreeing that we agree to disagree.

If I was the author (and Iím not by the way) I think given the history and emotional feelings regarding this subject I would also want to remain anonymous until such time as I was ready to publish the book. Canít see anything wrong or sinister with that myself.

Go on be a devil and complete the questionnaire. It will give you a chance to voice your opinion and for any research project the more opinions the better, I would imagine. Yes I agree again, it is an interesting subject and it could amongst other things help other support groups in the future avoid the problems that have beset ours. By the way from what I have read these problems are not unique on the Internet, so there obviously is a need for some form of policing to be put in place, to clamp down on possible fraud.

Thanks

Peter