Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: About the past: Important reading......

  1. #11
    Moderator phlika29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    8,371

    Default

    Jen

    I find that whole questionaire strange. What angle is the peson comig from? Is this a research study? a tell all book? I just dont understand why anyone wouldn't want to reveal who they are and exactly why they are writing it? If you want something from people then surely you have to give something in return.

    I would never just give away info in any aspect of my life without knowing who I was giving it to and why. Its like someone phoning up and asking you to do a survey but refusing to say what they want it for.

  2. #12
    Senior Member redhotoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,500

    Default

    Hi Sarah

    I assure you that the author is honest and trustworthy. The information that anyone chooses to provide will be treated as confidential, as explained by the author. Yes, it is research...for the book. The author has explained what the book is about. The return will be the finished book.

    You can take my word for it or choose not to participate Sarah. I thought the message was self explanatory. If you are unsure about any aspect, send an e-mail to the author and ask the questions you would like answered. I simply delivered the message.

    Jen

  3. #13
    Senior Member Peter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skywolf
    Peter,
    I feel different about his book. Yes, It is a compilation, but it takes time to gather the info put it into book form, etc. I just think we need to give credit where credit is due. For you it may have rehased all the treatments, but for new people, not versed on this , not sayign it has all the answers, its a jumping off piont. Im not saying Nase is a nice guy, I hate what he did. and still does, to our community. He sort of started this board , almost ended it, got other boards messed up, lives that depended on the guru to help messed up, I hate all that, HATE IT.
    But if you sift through it all, there is some good he did. It went so tragicaly wrong. Its sad.

    Laura
    Hello Laura

    Iím sure at some stage he may have done some good but that was a long time ago now and more than erased by the substantial damage caused since. I have always believed that something good will eventually evolve from something bad and I hope this will be the case in this scenario. Also we cannot change the past but we can shape the future and again it looks like there could be a good opportunity out there.

    Talking about books I reckon by the time I complete this questionnaire I will have written my own.

    By the way I understand this Forum was created for him but ironically it finished up ejecting him.

    Thanks

    Peter

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    338

    Default

    I do wonder if someone actually sent a copy of this questionnaire to Geoffrey nase, or Dr. Darm or the folks in San Antonio at the clinic?

  5. #15
    Senior Member Skywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redhotoz
    Hi Sarah

    I assure you that the author is honest and trustworthy. The information that anyone chooses to provide will be treated as confidential, as explained by the author. Yes, it is research...for the book. The author has explained what the book is about. The return will be the finished book.

    You can take my word for it or choose not to participate Sarah. I thought the message was self explanatory. If you are unsure about any aspect, send an e-mail to the author and ask the questions you would like answered. I simply delivered the message.

    Jen
    I have to agree with Sarah. It seems so cloak and dagger, why the secrecy involving the authors identy? Its an interesting subject for a book, I will say, but I also would not give my information to someone who says up fron they are not going to say who they are.

    Laura

  6. #16
    Senior Member Skywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywolf
    Peter,
    I feel different about his book. Yes, It is a compilation, but it takes time to gather the info put it into book form, etc. I just think we need to give credit where credit is due. For you it may have rehased all the treatments, but for new people, not versed on this , not sayign it has all the answers, its a jumping off piont. Im not saying Nase is a nice guy, I hate what he did. and still does, to our community. He sort of started this board , almost ended it, got other boards messed up, lives that depended on the guru to help messed up, I hate all that, HATE IT.
    But if you sift through it all, there is some good he did. It went so tragicaly wrong. Its sad.

    Laura
    Hello Laura

    Iím sure at some stage he may have done some good but that was a long time ago now and more than erased by the substantial damage caused since. I have always believed that something good will eventually evolve from something bad and I hope this will be the case in this scenario. Also we cannot change the past but we can shape the future and again it looks like there could be a good opportunity out there.

    Talking about books I reckon by the time I complete this questionnaire I will have written my own.

    By the way I understand this Forum was created for him but ironically it finished up ejecting him.

    Thanks

    Peter
    I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree. His book has helped many people, by their own testimony, and I dont think that should be erased because of what happened.
    My personal opinion of the man I have made quite clear, so Im not in the 'Nase camp" by any means, but I try also to see the good in a bad situation, and he did do a few good things. He did horrible things too, and I take that into account as well.

    laura

  7. #17
    Senior Member Peter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skywolf
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotoz
    Hi Sarah

    I assure you that the author is honest and trustworthy. The information that anyone chooses to provide will be treated as confidential, as explained by the author. Yes, it is research...for the book. The author has explained what the book is about. The return will be the finished book.

    You can take my word for it or choose not to participate Sarah. I thought the message was self explanatory. If you are unsure about any aspect, send an e-mail to the author and ask the questions you would like answered. I simply delivered the message.

    Jen
    I have to agree with Sarah. It seems so cloak and dagger, why the secrecy involving the authors identy? Its an interesting subject for a book, I will say, but I also would not give my information to someone who says up fron they are not going to say who they are.

    Laura
    Hello

    Sorry I canít really see the problem myself but at the end of the day you have to make your own call. Personally I have nothing to hide and I have already starting on my questionnaire, as I feel this particular research project could be of huge benefit to the rosacea society. If you have any doubts or concerns then just send the author an e mail.

    Everything I will be writing on my questionnaire has already appeared on this Forum in some shape or form, for anybody in the World to read, so I canít see what the difference is as it applies to everyoneís posts on a public Forum. Whether the Debunkers or Nase will contribute to this is debatable but if I was in their shoes I would participate, just to ensure my point of view was put over.

    Thanks

    Peter

  8. #18
    Senior Member Peter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skywolf

    I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree. laura
    Not a problem to me Laura.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Skywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    I will agree with you there (we agree!! )
    Everything we say here is public domain, and I dont have anything to hide either (with this big mouth, come on, lol) But its just seems strange the secrecy. I may choose to fill out the questionare because I do think its an interesting subject.

    Laura

  10. #20
    Senior Member Peter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skywolf
    I will agree with you there (we agree!! )
    Everything we say here is public domain, and I dont have anything to hide either (with this big mouth, come on, lol) But its just seems strange the secrecy. I may choose to fill out the questionare because I do think its an interesting subject.

    Laura
    Hey Laura

    Good I agree with you agreeing that we agree to disagree.

    If I was the author (and Iím not by the way) I think given the history and emotional feelings regarding this subject I would also want to remain anonymous until such time as I was ready to publish the book. Canít see anything wrong or sinister with that myself.

    Go on be a devil and complete the questionnaire. It will give you a chance to voice your opinion and for any research project the more opinions the better, I would imagine. Yes I agree again, it is an interesting subject and it could amongst other things help other support groups in the future avoid the problems that have beset ours. By the way from what I have read these problems are not unique on the Internet, so there obviously is a need for some form of policing to be put in place, to clamp down on possible fraud.

    Thanks

    Peter

Similar Threads

  1. What are you reading?
    By shrimpy in forum Off-topic discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 3rd June 2015, 08:09 PM
  2. Burning while reading or driving
    By V70r in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20th September 2012, 05:56 AM
  3. Additional Reading for Lasers and IPL
    By imported_Main Admin in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 27th August 2010, 12:52 PM
  4. I was reading
    By jennfran in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12th November 2007, 08:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •