Thread: Vein Gard

Default Vein Gard

I was wondering if anyone tried to use a varicose vein and spider vein treatment? I did a search on it but there was only a couple and noone ever said if it helped them or if they even tried it. Yesterday I picked up a product called vein-Gard and the ingredients are:

Active: Aesculus Hippocastanum 3X, 6X, 3C, Apis Mellifica 3X, 6X, 12X, 30X, Carbo Vegetabilis 8X, 30X, Carduus marianus 3X, 6X, Hamamelis Virginica 1X, 4X, 3C, Lycopodium Clavatum 6X, 30X, Pulsatilla 3X, 6X, 30X, Secale Cornutum 3X

Other: Algin, Aloe Vera 200X, Butchers Broom Extract, Carrot Seed Oil, Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Cypress Oil, Germall Plus, Gotu Kola Extract, grapefruit Seed Extract, Grapseed Oil, Horsechestnut Extract, Jojoba Oil, Lavender Oil, Lecithin, Licorice Root Extract, MSM, Neem Oil, Rosemary Extract, Soy Wheat Germ Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Unrefined Shea Butter, St Johns Wort Extract, Vegetable Glyerin, Vitamin A (Retinyl palmitate), Vitamin C(ascorbyl palmitate), Vitamin E oil(D-alpha Tocopherol), Xanthan

* Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynl Butylcarbamate.

Wow that is a list. I did put a tiny spot on my face, it did not burn at all. I am getting worse with the broken blood vessels, very tiny ones all over. I am freaking out about this. Anyway has anyone tried something like this or should I ask if you think this is safe to try a little bit on my face because I am willing to try it if it does not burn??? THanks..Jenn

Default vein gard

The product is advertised for vericose veins in the legs. Never heard of anyone trying this for rosacea. You seem to be approaching this with caution which is a good thing.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

Thank you for responding.

Yes I am using it for my varicose veins but was wondering if I should try it on my face for thread veins. I did put two spots on my face today and it did not burn my face whatsoever but was wondering if any of the ingredients would be harmful. I am new to this and actually in a half-hour I will be going finally to derma to start treatment. I have been waiting for three weeks because my referal got messed up.(Army Insurance) but will be interesting to see what she gives me. Anyway just wondered if anyone thought of putting something like this on their face because it is for vessels and veins. Thanks..Jenn

This user has been banned from this forum

Vein creams do not work, it's that simple. I've seen numerous consumer reports. It is hard to shut down veins even for lasers not to speak of some cream with 'herbs'.

The best for varicose veins on legs is sclerotherapy. Some docs used sclero for big spider veins on face with excellent results. Spider veins on face with smaller diameter may be resolved by electro coagulation. I posted that some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jennfran View Post
    I was wondering if anyone tried to use a varicose vein and spider vein treatment? I THanks..Jenn
    Yes, I have tried sclerotherapy for my legs (varicose veins) and laser treatment for my face (spider veins). I'm glad that the unwanted veins are gone now and enjoying wearing skirts any time.

many of those ingredients are homeopathic, are they not?

maybe I put too much trust in homeopathics, but usually I find that if I use homeopathics internally or topically, the worst effect they tend to have on me will be that they do nothing. if they don't do nothing then they do have the intended effect.

I was using a face lotion that had arnica montana in it, which I believe is anti-inflammatory, and that worked well - unfortunately other ingredients were occlusive and made me sweat. it was wierd. but I should also say that since the rosacea diagnosis, my face does sweat more easily than it used to which is, yeah, wierd.

but back on topic, the other ingredients could cause a reaction.

when I try a new product I tend to just put it all over my face at the first go, and hope to not suffer consequences - so I commend you on spot-testing