Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check out- recent photos

Default Check out- recent photos

Hello group,

I have been avoiding triggers for so long and have a very healthy life/diet.... I have taken control much of the blushing/flushing and working on seb derm and permanent redness. All of the following pics show how my skin is 24/7.

I am going to try VBeam soon and I'll keep on posting before and after pics. I am keeping my hopes high about laser treatment.

I am also experimenting Jen's lemon-sea salt drink and definitely helped me in the past for my seb derm.. Also experimenting with topical aloe vera and jojoba oil and will post pics to show if they help.

Most pictures look alike but I have them taken under different lights to make it easier next time to compare with updates.

I am also open to any suggestions that you think might help.

I know you might think that I shouldnt worry about it because it is relatively mild but its just that I cant carry a life of avoidance forever.

Here you go..

Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

I would be very interested to hear your experiences with VBeam as im of a similar age and my rosacea is very similar looking to yours (quite mild).

Good luck & keep posting!

Hi Francois. just looked at your photos. What I'd give to have skin as nice as yours. Whatever you are doing is working fine. It is difficult to see that you even have the dreaded "R" word. Just a slight pinkness in a few photos, that could almost be normal. You talk about avoidance, avoidance of what? Sun, sport, caffeine? Do you find you flush easily, or is it bought on by heat? Reaading on the forum alot of people still exercise, they are just a bit more selective on the time of day and try and combat the redness with water sprays,fans etc. I know my life is alot less energetic because of the flushing.V frustrating .till there is a cure ,i think most here on the forum adapt and work with the limitations they have. Not ideal I know. For me it is being aware of my bodies limits with regards to triggers and living within that. Anyway think you have a great complexion, don't let fear hold you back from living.
    Rita

Francois, have you had any IPL/Laser since coming to Canada??

Hey,

No, I havent had it yet, but planning to have VBeam soon. I'm having a big seb derm flare and I believe its better to get IPL/laser once you get rid of seb derm. I'll update for sure.

Francois,

welcome to north america, eh? Your rosacea looks VERY much like mine, with persistent pink/redness on the apple of the cheek. I assume these pictures are in your non-flushing state. If so, those do look like mine when I am not flushing.
    Subtype-1: Cheek and ear flushing
    Currently: IPL

Hey,

These pics were taken when my face was its calmest in the last 3 years perhaps. As I said, years of trigger avoidance and diet... I want to get the vessels removed by Vbeam/ or IPL perhaps and not worry this much about triggers.

I ve been in Toronto for 10 months already. Time runs so fast, doesnt it?

Btw I have been using Aloa Vera Gel every night and it helped with my Seb Derm tremendously...

hi francois,

since you've not yet chosen a specific laser yet, after looking at your (quite good^^) skin condition, i thought you'd maybe want to take Aesthera Laser into consideration...

dr. darm wrote about it here:
    http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewtopic.php?t=4040

i've read about it somewhere else as well, but couldn't find any links...

hope you're having a great time in toronto...

Hi dude, long time since we spoke. Hope you're doing fine. You're skin looks very good i would say! Hope it keeps on improving.

Francois!!!! Oh my God, your skin is excellent!!!

I would give anything to have your skin; no scars, flakiness, defined redness...if I were you I would totally forget about my face...it's absolutely fine. Trust me, the average person does not even notice any slight pinkiness on the cheeks (which is v.minimal).

Don't let the rosacea curse take you over as your skin seems to be in very good condition. Have a few more IPL/Yags to know out any flushy vessels you think you may have then you are good to go....go enjoy life ;)!

Also, I thought I read some other posts of yours where you said you had seb derm? Forgive me if I am mistaken. But if you did, there is no evidence from your photos that you do...has it all cleared up?