Thread: I am not sure if I have rosacea... come help me out

Default I am not sure if I have rosacea... come help me out

Hey guys.

I am an 18 year old male. I come from an ethnically greek family on both sides. My parents do not show signs of rosacea or any facial redness.. perhaps a bit on my dad's side but certainly my dad does not display rosacea signs. My older brother also shows no signs.

Now me and my younger brother show signs... he is 15. What are the chances we both have rosacea.. I mean we are both males under 30, parents do not have rosacea, AND we are not truley northern europeans..(although we do not have the darkest of skin).

what are the odds here that what we truley have is rosacea? I mean we both show signs of facial redness ( I sat out in the sun the other day without sunscreen and was totally red. the next day I sat in the sun with spf 45 on my red areas and it still got really red. It is like that mask like look.. under the eyes and on the nose. I have a couple dialated red blood vessles or whatever dialated on the top boney part of my nose).

Hi

Besides the redness what are your ther symptoms. Do you flush, does it burn? Have you any photos?

Most people will go red ion the sun even with suncream, usually just from the heat.

best wishes

Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by phlika29
    Hi

Besides the redness what are your ther symptoms. Do you flush, does it burn? Have you any photos?

Most people will go red ion the sun even with suncream, usually just from the heat.

best wishes

Sarah
    Hey, well lets see.

When it is not acting up, the areas under my eyes and my nose a bit always appear a tad darker/redder than surrounding areas.

I have some little blood vessles on the upper part of my nose. Could that be from other things and not just rosacea signs?

If i would go into the sun my nose and under my cheeks (appears kind of like a patch under the eyes) would get redder than surrounding areas, and last longer.

Yesterday I set it off(not by sunlight though) and I had burning on my nose and under my eyes, and the areas were darker red/tan.

I have some pictures I recently took from yesterday, but have not been able to get them onto the computer..

I am seeing a derm on Monday... but I am afraid he will not be able to diagnose it/treat it properly : (