Thread: TV interview! :(

Default TV interview! :(

hey everyone!
    i have a TV interview in a local channel in 2 days time! That would be great news if i didnt have the rosacea beast to think about...
    Is there ANY way i could avoid flushing for 1-2 hours? Any of those antidepressant drugs may actualy work? i remeber reading somewhere that aspirin can lower down flushing. i dont know...
    People any ideas will be greatly appreciated. (i would exclude make up since they would apply some stuff themselves before the show)
    thank you

I would defintely recommend propanolol as it will reduce anxiety. Perhaps Clonodine as well. Trouble is with only two days to go its not like you can try it out and see. I bet the makeup they will use will cover redness really well anyway.

Whats the interview for?

I also think propranolol would be your best bet. Maybe try it out the day before, so you know what to expect.
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER

thank you for the reply!
    i did a search for propranolol and although it may have dangerous side effects i dont have many choices right now!
    Is it prescribed or not? if it is i have to explain the whole situation to my doctor and it gets complicated. No guarantee she will agree prescribing the drug for flushing. bugger
    What about valeriana, which is a anti-axiety herb. Has anyone tried it?
    thanx

although i can understand your situation... yes indeed!

but why not try another approach... just accept yourself for as you are?

too many of us shelter ourselves and feed into insecurity... i still do... but this is us right now!
    and for as long as we or each individual keeps supporting insecurity... we'll just keep sinking more into rosacea and draw in more insecure people to place "jusement" on us.

just be... be yourself.
    Eat up your spinach, it'll put color in your cheeks.
    But I don't want green cheeks!

probably you are right nwc. I will try this approach although its hard not to get nervous(and hence flushed).
    But as you said, it is me and i'm red, so what?

I find taking an antacid before stressful situations really helpful. I read it as a tip somewhere and it works for me.

What about those eye drops that sansrosa is based on, I seem to remember people writing about putting them on their face.

I know they cause rebound redness but may work for a while??

i just wanted to tell you that everything went very smoothly! it was a miracle!
    i concentrated on the questions asked, trying to see it as a one to one conversation, and ti worked!
    What about those eye drops that sansrosa is based on, I seem to remember people writing about putting them on their face.

I know they cause rebound redness but may work for a while??
    that was my initial thought, but these drops are difficult to get and is not a thing you want to try for the first time before the show! Image the rebound redness hitting at the time of the show, it would be a total disaster.
    Anyway back to everyday life again, cheers folks, and thanx for all your inputs

Default Re: TV interview! :(

Quote Originally Posted by nk104
    hey everyone!
    i have a TV interview in a local channel in 2 days time! That would be great news if i didnt have the rosacea beast to think about...
    Is there ANY way i could avoid flushing for 1-2 hours? Any of those antidepressant drugs may actualy work? i remeber reading somewhere that aspirin can lower down flushing. i dont know...
    People any ideas will be greatly appreciated. (i would exclude make up since they would apply some stuff themselves before the show)
    thank you
    I had a derm tell me to try aspirin for the flushing, I couldn't take it cause it makes my ears ring. Also blood pressure meds, I did try for awhile, I was extremely flushing and stinging at that time. Nothing seemed to help. Am taking zoloft, seems my face is worse, but it's the weather changing time so I don't know if it's that or the zoloft. Anything that relieves stress should help though. Ice water helps, but only if you can keep it handy, after I run out I usually get hot and flushy. Kathy