Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: V BEAM

Default hi mel

yes melissa. i have thought about that but i dont know of any skilled drs in our area with the perfecta. before i do any laser i talk about the settings(fuency) on this board, get feedback on them find out what settings for colling tip esc.. I have none of this info for the new v-beam.and we know you cant just trust the dr because we know how to treat ourselves with laser better than most of the people who own the damn thing. keep in touch....ross

Ross, I'll let you know what I think of a doctor I am seeing tomorrow for a test spot with the Perfecta.
    You are so right though. We do know more about than most of these doctors. If it wasn't so sad it would be funny.

Default hi

hi mell, see if you can get the settings we know the wavwlength(585,595) but please try and get the fluency... thanks, ross

I saw Dr. Levine at NYU today for a test spot with the Perfecta. I don't know if this is the info you wanted Ross but the fluency she used was 7.5 to 8 joules. Her nurse said since this was a test spot you can't really extrapolate to a full treatment. She also said that the Dr. does the treatments uniquely for the individual. There is no set of preset #'s she uses. I am going back in July for a full tx if I experience no adverse effects from this one and I''ll get you the full info then.

Melissa

Im getting vbeam for the end of this month. The doc only has the cheapest vbeam machine that isnt perfecta but is one of the 3 newer generations. Im looking to treat permanent (and they get more red during hot summer days) in my red acne marks and redness in the scars where acne once used to be. IPLs didnt do much for me, KTP did some but Im looking for something that targets redness specifically. Is the vbeam any good for this? Do you guys think I should ask for purpuric settings or not? And how much time do I need to take off from work from such a treatment?

Hi,

There is so much info on all this and not all of it in agreement. From what I understand KTP 532 and VBeam are both good at targeting permanent redness. As for purpura or not all my derms say you don't need to induce purpura for good results. From my reading though it seems you may need more txs if you don't. Having said that I needed at least 3 days to go out in public after the VBeam and that was on non-purpura settings. My face was a swollen blotchy mess. Of course everyone is different so your reaction may not be as severe.

Best of luck!
    Melissa

But KTP and vbeam work differently right? event though they can both eliminate redness.

KTP works at a 532 nm wavelength and VBeam at 585 or 595 nm. I know there are differences but one of my laser derms said that it was 6 of one or 1/2 dozen of the other b/w the 2 for my problem which is flushing. She said VBeam worked better for some and for others it was KTP 532. She intimated it was the same for permanent redness also.

If anyone knows the details please clarify!

Default hi mel

hello melissa; Could you tell me the name of the dr who gave you the test patch? Did you ask how much a full face would cost? did you talk about money at all? did they seem knowledgeable about rosacea? did they recomend bruising or non bruising? How long have they been using pdl for? i know its a lot of questions. thanks, ross

Hi Ross,

Her name is Dr. Levine at NYU hospital. She is on the same floor as my primary derm David Cohen. She is chief of the Laser unit. She was nice enough but of course dismissed my questions about yag 1064 for flushing/burning as all NYC derms seem to do.

I paid $275 for the test spot and I have no idea how much full face will cost. Not that I don't care but I just didn't even think to ask.

She doesn't think the Perfecta is that much better than the regular VBeam
    though. She seemed to intimate that Dr. Frank is just as good and it wouldn't make any difference who I end up being treated by.

She is very conservative though and will not treat anyone without a test spot. Also, settings will be unique to the individual (as per her nurse).

What do you think about all this?

Melissa