Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: V BEAM

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the information. I've had 2 VBeams and 1 KTP-532 and my flushing has been reduced but I still flush a lot (and burn, but less intensely). My next tx is in July so I'll see how it goes and will keep your info in mind. I appreciate it.

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by christpunchers
    Well the nurse told me that a tech will be doing the treatment but only under the doctor's supervision and instructions.

I think 100/session is cheap enough to try out. If it doesnt work then Ill go to somebody else.

Ive read that retin-A can interfer with a vbeam treatment? Ive had some new breakouts recently that Ive used retin-A to fix up, but of course Im left with fresh red marks. Are they okay to vbeam since I havent stopped retin-A until a few days ago.
    $100 a good price. Just get flushed for the treatment. Nurses aren't necessarily of "lower" quality than doctors. Frankly, I think I could give myself a decent treatment if I could see through the eye protection goggles.

This is NOT to say anyone can give you a good treatment, though. Always feel out a doctor by talking to him/her and leave it at the door if it seems sketchy.
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

Default vbeam

Dear Melissa:

Thank you for your reply. I changed my apmt to next wednesday afternoon, I pray it goes well. I havent seen too much of a change in my redness, just a little. my ears get so red that they hurt. i have to sleep with a fan on the side of my bed directly towards my face otherwise i cant sleep from the heat on my face and ears. after next week i will try the orecea pray that helps too. Good luck to all, im so happy i found this website for support.

Alba
    using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

Hi Alba,

Did you have your 3rd Vbeam yet?
    I hope you are doing well.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

it is just utterly amazing the vast reaches and commoness of rosacea, and yet so very very little is known about it. I don't know any disorder quite like it. I mean, 16 million rosaceans in the US! That's approaching diabetes in commonness, and yet you hardly ever hear about it in the media.

I'm beginning to find that ear flushing is quite common in rosaceans. Comforting I guess, and yet still painful when it happens. (which is at least once a day for me)
    Subtype-1: Cheek and ear flushing
    Currently: IPL

Quote Originally Posted by bentherebefore
    it is just utterly amazing the vast reaches and commoness of rosacea, and yet so very very little is known about it. I don't know any disorder quite like it. I mean, 16 million rosaceans in the US! That's approaching diabetes in commonness, and yet you hardly ever hear about it in the media.

I'm beginning to find that ear flushing is quite common in rosaceans. Comforting I guess, and yet still painful when it happens. (which is at least once a day for me)
    Hi,

I used to get ear flushing every day- always when my face flushed and burned. Since my 2 VBeams I get it much less and sometimes when my face flushes my ears remain normal. I did not get VBeam done on my ears the 2nd time (only the 1st). I think just having laser on the face may help normalize the ears but I don't understand how that works.

Best wishes
    Melissa

I was wondering how katester is doing after that 3rd vbeam with the heavy bruising? Did you have better results than with the first two?

John