Thread: Actual Creepy Crawleys

Default Actual Creepy Crawleys

I was going to post this on the "Creepy Crawleys" thread, but I didn't want to derail it.
    Since the weather is getting nicer there are bugs now around, those little teeny black flies, some call them fruit flies, I call them gnats, my Dad and Step Mom call them "no seeums" lol. But there are in my house now. I live next to a river and a wooded area, so bugs a plenty, these just seem to be the first ones to come out. I am itching like crazy, my face feels terrible. It could be the spring hayfever season kicking in, but it seemed once these little devils got into the house is when I started to have a bad reaction. Does anyone else have this?

Laura

Are you talking about the the nasty little buggers that like to bite you behind your ears or your neck and you don't know it until the blood is running?? They are out already!!! The only thing that helps me is Benedryl, and Benedryl cream on the bites. I can only do the pills at night because they put me out, but it does calm a raging face.

Yup, those are the ones. Nasty little bugs. I was just wondering if there is a typical alergy reaction to these monsters. I will go get some benedryl cream, I dont want to take the pills for fear of it reacting badly with my antibiotics. Hate these little suckers, HATE them.
    On another aside, the 17 yr cicadias are due this year, for those I believe in the midwest and western ( or is it eastern, Im not sure) USA, Big bugs, Kind of cool though, with their red/orange eyes. I believe they are due to emerge around June. And Yuck, but you can eat them, there are recipie sites. Sorry, dont think I will be doing that (they are supposed to taste like roasted almonds, I will never know)

Laura

Hi Laura,

I think it's OK to take benadryl with minocycline. As per my derm.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywolf
    the 17 yr cicadias are due this year, for those I believe in the midwest and western ( or is it eastern, Im not sure) USA, Big bugs, Kind of cool though, with their red/orange eyes. I believe they are due to emerge around June.

Laura
    are you sure?

they came a few years ago. i remember because i just moved back to the mid west from cali and said i'm leaving before they come out... but i never did.

i know there are like 20 year ones and ones every so many years... nevertheless the yearly ones.

i really do not like bugs! but i grew an appriceation towards cicadas when it happened a few years ago.... i know longer fear them.
    the buddist say they are good omens. read that in the newspaper.

Yup. Illinois for sure, Indiana I believe as well. Been trying to google it, but I just keep getting lots of information about an emergence in 2004 which I think was the eastern US
    Im not a big fan of bugs either, but these dont bite, or sting, they just look scary. And are LOUD!

Melissa, good to know its OK to take benadryl with the mino, with allergy season just about here I will need it.

Laura

true... but they "attcack" if you scream! lol
    you know like swarming in on you and landing on you ect.

they are attracted to sound.

it's like astroids outside when the 17 year ones come.

Oh yes, I remember 17 yrs ago when they were here. I was terrified of them for about a week, then I got used to them, there were just SO MANY of them. Thed did still scare me a little when they got in the house though, like having a small disoriented helicopter flying around the room. I never got swarmed though, no asteroids, good thing, I was never very good at that game.
    Since this has gone way off topic (my fault) of rosacea, if anyone would like it moved into the Meta forum just send me a PM and I will move it.

Laura