Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Starting Laser Genesis treatments, will post updates.

I will not be trying any more lasers of any sort.
    After failure with both IPL and Genesis and a big gaping
    hole in my wallet I have given up on laser treatments.

Actually my next course of action was to see my doctor about
    10mg a day of Accutane for a few months, as well as dusting off
    the RLT device I built and use it regularly for a couple of months.
    I now have little hope that anything is going to help whatsover, but the
    alternative is giving up completely and that is just not an option.

Hi Ivan,

I think beginning RLT is a good next move.
    Best of luck!

Melissa

This user has been banned from this forum

I would advise to postpone RLT untill its clear if accutane helps or not. Some people got redder from RTL, and on accutane thats even more probable cause skin gets more sensitive to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by orangehorizon
    I would advise to postpone RLT untill its clear if accutane helps or not. Some people got redder from RTL, and on accutane thats even more probable cause skin gets more sensitive to everything.
    I don't know of people who got redder actually, but some did experience transitory flushing and I understand that RLT reduced sensitivity in the great majority of users. I suspect that you know this already though, iVan, having built that impressive unit.

I think doing only one would be the way to go though at the start (a couple of months, maybe?). Then you'll know exactly what the Accutane is doing to your skin. And then if/when you add the RLT you can gauge the response.

Best wishes what ever you choose!
    TP

Hi there,

Would there be any reason why you wouldnt try purpura Pulsed Dye treatment all over the face?
    I understand thta you have spent a huge wack on lasers and ipl and so on, but pdl perhaps might break through the surdface redness???

Mark

Hello Ivan I know that this topic is very old but I have reason to renew.Almost to go to the laser genesis,but you are speaking here about a bad experience, so I changed my mind.Does your face is recovered and that you did this laser genesis helped when it took a while.What you used to date and that you are the same for example, helped the accutane or red light therapy..

Sory to my bed english

PS.Is your origin from the Croatian If yes to chat to us the language

Fole25:

I feel that I gave laser genesis a fair try with a reasonably competent technician
    but it did not help me at all. Now, 2 years later, my condition continues to worsen.
    I do not think the laser treatments did any harm, but they did not help either.
    They will however, make your wallet considerably thinner.

Sorry, can't speak Croatian, only Canadian,EH?

Default Treatments

Ivan
    A lot has happened in 2 years. Lasers are like computers. After 6 months there's a better newer , can do more one that the laser companies bring out. If you haven't used vbeam (they now have the Perfecta which is better than the one I had 3 years ago) I would give that a try. Stopped my flushing one week after first treatment but unfortunately over time became less effective. The Sciton BBL has really worked very well for me in clearing up redness, and is just starting to help my flushing a bit after 5 treatments.
    I have come to believe that laser genesis,(now my understanding is that this refers to a type of treatment using the 1064yag where they skin is "painted" with pulses- usually about 10,000 pulses- 2500 each cheek) when used alone is not as effective or even effective (google medical spa md where the doctors Charry, and LH who treat a lot of Rosacea patients) at all unless its used in combination with another devise either an IPL or PDL. I've used it in in combination with the BBL once and will probably do less IPL passes (we did 4 last time) and 1064 Genesis for my next treatment.
    I am VERY laser, IPL resistant and was beginning to give up all hope when even Dr. Johnson, despite his best efforts, could not get any more improvement after 25 sessions.But my current doctor likes to switch things up every time I go and the last time my face responded very well as opposed to just a little bit on flushing.redness always responded great with the BBL but flushing just brought it back.
    Unlike you, I have hormone (wish I would finish "changing" already) problems which are complicating my situation so you may do much better than me. Best of luck whatever you decide
    Arlene

I work for a plastic surgeon that has the Laser Genesis. I have had the treatment with excellent results.

Ivan, when it comes to lasers, more is not necessarily better. You should never have burns from a Laser Genesis treatment. I am afraid you did not have a technician who knew what he/she was doing.

Hi all..

Just heard back from my clinic..

My treatment (6) was carried out with a 3rd gen IPL ALMA AFT (advanced flouresent technology) @ a wave length of 540nm to 950nm (green light) from 12 to 18 joules per cm.
    NdYAG 1064nm laser using a 2mm spot size @ 10ms pulse width and 150 joules per cm fluence..

I am now totally clear and would recommend as I was V V red..With visable vessels and blush..