Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freckles???

Default Freckles???

i've noticed for at least the past few months that i now have brown dot like marks on my face that look very simular to freckles.

i have about about 8-10 on my face and i never had freckles on my face before. it started with just a few, but more has come. and most are on one side and most on that side are close to eachother.

does anyone know why and if this is normal?

if not...could it be a sign my liver is bad or something else or could it be rosacea related?

it couldn't be sun related because i rarely layed out in sun my whole life. just got the basic tan from being out.

my cat got a lot of freckles on her lips after she was about 8 years old and our vet said this is normal and no alarm needed. but she's a cat and i'm a human.

also... i've gotten some tiny moles around my neck area over the past years.
    i always forgot to address it to dermatologists when i went.

anyone familur or experienced this....any guesses?

i'm hard up for cash to see anyone right now.

ps

they aren't on any of the visable rosacea sections on my face... i have the classic butterfly mark.

pss

just thought of something... i usualy rest my head on my hand/fingers right where all these brown "freckles" are.

i noticed that in past...always happened... if i kept my hand or fingers resting on my lip area... i broke out with the pimples. i have a habit of doing this... and sometimes i'd switch sides... then the one side would go away, but the other would break-out. i know it's rosacea because only the meds ridded it and also break out the same like ect. at least i'm 95% certain it's rosacea there. it just doesn't go away unless i put the meds on it and flares just like everything else sometimes.

i'm a smoker...have thought the smoke crap from the cigs on my fingers might rub something on my skin to aggrivate it... although i do wash my hands a lot.

anyone else experience this too?

do you currently take antibiotics? any other meds?

hey max

i had used various topical meds for rosacea, but only on the affected areas and not where the dots are.

antibiotic pills... yes.... and if i am matching up correctly... that's about the time when the dots came. if not... then it got more worse.... i noticed my skin looked rather unhealthy in my face around that area and really noticed the dots. i used them for only 3-4 weeks. then was absent for about 3 months and took them again for 3 weeks, but a lower dosage until the 4th week. since then i have absent of all medications and am using holistic methods....going on a few weeks free of meds currently.

do you think it's med related?

Default Re: Freckles???

Quote Originally Posted by nwc
    my cat got a lot of freckles on her lips after she was about 8 years old
    This made me chuckle.

It could be your meds. You haven't had any IPL/laser recently??

Sarah

no... no lasers of any kind.

it's odd though if it is in result of the meds since i took them short term... besides the topical meds. but could be the cause.

it's very rare i take asprin, ib profan or cold syrup, too. my whole life i've been pretty much med free be it over or under the counter....for i rarely get sick or get headaches. just pms sometimes, lol.

Does it mention hyper pigmentation as a side effect on the tablets? I tend to get alittle bit after laser but it fades away fairly quickly.

i googled and i do see it mentioned as a side effect.

so what... if this is what it's from... is it likely permanent?

any tips to rid it?

i found a pic of me that shows it if it's zoomed in. i have to figure out how to keep it zoomed in and keep the shot and also i need to get a photo bucket since this site doesn't support pics taken directly. might take me a while...lol.

Don't know much about this subject. It might not even be this causing it. I think its temporary. Mine always disappears after a few weeks, I guess once the skin has regenerated.

Perhaps ask your doctor. Post a picture if you can.

sarah