Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grapeseed oil / grapeseed extract

Default Grapeseed oil / grapeseed extract

Is Grapeseed oil the same as grapeseed extract? I found a vitamin product for skin that seemed interesting and contained "grapeseed oil". I just wondered if they were the same thing?

I have always assumed it does. If applied to the skin I doubt that it would be absorbed into the capillaires in the same way as taking it by tablet. But if you can tolerate oils it may be worth giving it ago.

they are different.

not an expert on it... but oils are more for food and topical for skin.

extract i think can be put on skin... but it's more for internal for health problems like heart, blood flow, depression, eyes..also anti-inflammortory and an antibacterial ect.
    i think it's more potent.

i don't have an answer for you with details because i don't know much about grapeseed or how it's made... maybe somebody else knows or an herbalist can answer.

Sorry I hadn't even thought about it as an edible oil. I assumed you were talking about the face oil you can buy from various cosmetic shops/healht food shops specially for your face

I forgot you can buy it to put on your food or cook with.

Hi, thanks for the replies.

Sorry I probably didn't explain myself properly before. I was refering to a vitamin pill that contained "grapeseed oil". I've provided the link below, what to you think? It's quite cheap as well.

http://www.healthspan.co.uk/shop/pro...d=SKVT&ct=true

Although it does contain vitamin A and Beta Carotene which apparently "increases the risk of death" http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6399773.stm

Though if you ask me, everything seems to increase the risk of death somehow. Apparently a recent study suggests that living is the single biggest influence in death. The study found that 100% of people who had died, had previously been living.

Great post Capri, gave me a good chuckle.

It depends on the active part of the grape seed extract the proanthocyanidins (PCO) which are the antioxident bioflavinoids.

fyi, although grapde seed extract, taken internally, acts as an anti-oxidant, when it's applied externally, it is oxidative.
    Oxidation helps heal the skin, yet it heals by regenerating blood vessels. Here's an article that explains it: http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/gdgrapes.htm
    Doesn't sound like it would be good to use externally for rosacea skin. Not sure though.

Whilst the product I posted is an internal supplement, the article was quite interesting. Although on the face of the GSE topically would seem to work against us, it sounds very much like Red Light Therapy. It's action of healing would appear to work against us but a lot of people have benfitted.

Dunno, I'm just thinking out loud here!

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Capri

Though if you ask me, everything seems to increase the risk of death somehow. Apparently a recent study suggests that living is the single biggest influence in death. The study found that 100% of people who had died, had previously been living.
    I have always suspected as much.

Laura

Default Grapeseed Oil

I was in Boots (here in the UK) and came across a Night Facial Treatment Oil by Botanics that had Grapeseed Oil as its main component. Knowing how much Dr Nase rates Grapeseed, I thought there's no harm in trying it as a topical, so i've been using it for the last couple of nights.

It doesn't even tingle when you apply it, which is a refreshing change and when I woke up the redness had disappeared. Saying that, the redness returned as soon as I started getting on with things, but in time this may have a cumulative effect.

I'm actually more interested in it for its mositurising and hyrdating factors, as I have terribly dry flaky skin with my rosacea.

I've also started taking grapeseed extract. I'll report back how I get on with both in a week or so, although I defo think its best to give supplements at least a month to kick in.