Thread: Feeling really deflated

Default Feeling really deflated

I just cannot believe how expensive everything is to do with rosacea. I have no money at the moment, what with having to buy tons of materials for my course, car tax/servicing/MOT on the same flipping month and can i find an LED under 100 - that would be no.

I don't want to whinge, i know i should be grateful, but sometimes i just want to sob at how much this disease robs you fisrt of yr life and then second of every pound you struggle to earn.

That's it, whinge over, normal service now resumes.

Srumptious

Tell me about it! If I thought about how much I have spent.

On a more postiive note Moomy found a website selling really cheap LEDs (from America).

http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewtopic.php?t=5479

Best wishes

Sarah

Default Re: Feeling really deflated

Quote Originally Posted by scrumptious
    I just cannot believe how expensive everything is to do with rosacea. I have no money at the moment, what with having to buy tons of materials for my course, car tax/servicing/MOT on the same flipping month and can i find an LED under 100 - that would be no.

I don't want to whinge, i know i should be grateful, but sometimes i just want to sob at how much this disease robs you fisrt of yr life and then second of every pound you struggle to earn.

That's it, whinge over, normal service now resumes.
    Hello Sally Ann

Well having rosacea can be tough but I suppose there are worst things you can get, not that's always the way we think. I saw an old friend yesterday who was diagnosed with cancer last year and now has had a stroke at a young age and will never be the same again. Life isn't fair sometimes.

Not sure about a good LED unit for under 100 unless you start searching e bay etc. The ASG sometimes have a list of names where second hand Dermalux acne lamps are being sold off but they are fluorescent tubes and might not suit you. You could try and build your own unit or get someone to help you and David will supply you with details.

I have a Dermalux hand held LED unit which I bought last year to use when I travel and just experiment with. It was 280 so not cheap. If you are serious about trying RLT then I am prepared to let you borrow it for a month or so to see whether you are suited to this treatment before spending your money. As you have had laser treatments with Peter Crouch, perhaps check with him first about trying RLT.

As we live fairly near to each other (I think) then I can deliver or you can collect from me?

The offer is there anyway if you need it.

Peter

Thanks Peter,

I am looking at those little led devices at the mo and might get one of those. I know i am very very lucky in comparison to so many people, im just struggling to make ends meet right now hence the whinge.

Thanks for yr post, if i can't find anything in the next few weeks i shall PM you regarding yr kind offer.

Hello

No problem Sally Ann. If you want to save yourself some money and borrow the LED then you know where I am.

Still think it's worth checking with Peter Crouch first though.

Bye

Peter

wooah think i may have just bought myself a 4 bulb Dermalux for under 100. This baby;

That's the same one as mine apart from I now have the 6 tubed version with all red tubes. Don't forget this is probably red / blue fluorescent tubes and used to treat acne. How old are the tubes because if it has been used regularly previously, they will need replacing every 3 years which will cost another 100? The tubes do give out a small amount of heat, so you need to keep your face a good 6" plus away plus the blue light does omit a very small amount of UV so if you are one of these people who are very sensitive to sunlight then you might react.

Before you buy it give me a call. I will PM you my number.

Peter