Thread: HELP NEEDED - URGENT!

Default HELP NEEDED - URGENT!

Hi

This seemed like the best place to put this.

In addition to the rosacea issues I have for some reason suddenly developed eczema on my face - never had this before and dont know what to do about it. Its not all over - just in patches on both cheeks.

Its so maddening! Do I need a challenge or something? surely I have enough going on! From the jaw down I have porcelain skin - all my problems are on my face - its like someones playing a cruel joke!

Problem is I feel like Im stuck between a rock and a hard place because I would probably put steroid cream on this to take the inflammation down etc but I know thats not a good thing when you have rosacea issues.

Can anyone suggest anything that is good to use under these cirucumstances? - at my wits end! Had to ring in sick to day as its all weepy and horrible.

Many thanks.

Hi

I get seb derm too and my face gots scaley red patches from time to time, which like you is the last thing i want on top of rosacea. It doesn't get weepy though, that sounds very painful.

There is some good info on treating dermatitis/ eczma on this site:

http://www.dermnetnz.org/dermatitis/dermatitis.html

For what it's worth I currently use hydrocortisone (non-fluronated 1%) which my derm assures me is okay to use very occassionally. I have researched it a lot myself as well and really think that it is okay to use for short periods on rosacea skin. I have trouble with most topicals so all the other treatments i've tried (like antifungal creams) really flare up my skin. There are some new non steroid anti-inflammatorys out though, like Elidel (Pimecrolimus) that might be a good alternative.

Antihistamines can also help reduce the irritation so might be worth a try too.

Hope that helps.

I would recommend antihistamine to help reduce the redness. If you can tolerate jojoba oil my partner found it helped him, although I think it made mine worse.

I wouldn't worry about using steroids for a few days (5-7) as long as you use a low strength and don't put too much on then you should get no lasting side effects. I have used this twice when I flaired and it worked within a day or so. Alternatively you could maybe get some elidel from your GP.

Sarah