Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flushing Worse Over Last 4 days.

Default Flushing Worse Over Last 4 days.

So I've had the acne lamp for a good two weeks now......I've built up to 15 mins a day.

After an initial (seemingly) slight improvment.......I appear to be flushing more, at times of day, siiting in my apartment, which was not happening 2 weeks ago.

In particular, my forehead has suddenly started flushing during the daytime, while I remain inactive in a chair.

So what to do?

Reduce time to 10 mins?

Stop altogether?

Have other users noticed an initial decline in thier flushing, afer using the lamp for the first time?

Thanks

Hello Ben

I never had this problem but I did hear of some who felt they flushed a little more initially but worked through it and this went away.

Well I can only suggest the following:

A) As above keep going for a couple of more weeks but perhaps lessen the time to 10 minutes as you say, hold the lamp further away or try using it every other day for a while.

B) Stop for a couple of weeks or so and see if you are the same as you were before using the lamp and then try it again.

Might seem a stupid question but are you are 100% certain it is the lamp causing the flushing? I suppose if you try B) then you will know for sure.

Will be interesting to see if anybody else has had a similar experience but perhaps your skin needs a little more time to condition itself to the light?

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks

Peter

There is the initial acclimation phase that some folks get. I know I flushed when I started, but it went away after the first few sessions. As RLT acts as an anti-inflammatory I would look to other causes if it persists.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter

I never had this problem but I did hear of some who felt they flushed a little more initially but worked through it and this went away.
    At first I think the lamp didnt act as a very mild trigger. But I just figured that was the warmth of the bulbs. So I moved the lamp back slightly, and the problem went away. Now I seem to be able to use the lamp at any distance and not have any problem.

BB

I found that, when I started RLT, my condition was much better so I let the diet slip. I thought I was ok and started drinking hot tea and eating tomatoes again.

i did flush a little because of this so now am careful again.

Not saying this is the case for you.

moomy

Cheers guys

Well I've used it for two weeks.........so now I will stop using it for two weeks and see if there is any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by moomy
    I found that, when I started RLT, my condition was much better so I let the diet slip. I thought I was ok and started drinking hot tea and eating tomatoes again.

i did flush a little because of this so now am careful again.

Not saying this is the case for you.

moomy
    Thats a very good point.

Its no good doing RLT and ignoring all your triggers, then complaining that your rosacea isnt getting better (not that anyone is). I think RLT is part of a rosacea regime, not a cure all.

For instance, if you flush to alcohol, then it would be wise to avoid it even after RLT.

BB

What I think seems weird about RLT is that it seems it doesn't give any lasting improvement? (based on what those using it are saying) For instance, Peter, I think you have said that you can be without the treatment for a few days, now that you have used it for many years. The thing is, I think that a few days is very lil considering how long some have been undergoing this treatment. Seeing the rosacea symptoms relapse that fast, just because one doesn't use it for a couple of days seems so strange to me. Does anyone think that RLT makes any permanent change in the skin or is it usefull only when it is being used (like the case is with many meds and treatments)?

RLT does not cure Rosacea.

RLT improves the symptoms.

Whatever causes Rosacea still remains.

This is the same with EVERY Rosacea treatment.

I believe that this has been repeated quite often.

I havent used my RLT device since Saturday, and I havent noticed a deterioration of my symptoms. Though Im sure that over a period of months, the improvements that Iv noticed from RLT might subside.

BB