Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oregano oil

Patty, you are wise and correct to go the capsule route. My local shop just had the liquid, so I bought the smallest size Oreganol (8 mL) for $15.99 and it's hideous. The guy at the store warned me it would burn after a few seconds (he wasn't lying), and he puts his liquid in a mini-spray bottle to squirt into his mouth instead. I'm going to look for a bottle today, otherwise I'm afraid I won't keep taking it. The burning goes away after a few minutes (it's not as bad as a jalapeno), and then I'm just tasting pizza for a few hours. I trust no one gets that effect with the capsules? Just started this last night, so no results to report yet.

I had a feeling the oil would be intense, so I'm glad I went that route.
    Also, I'm seeing results with what is a fairly low or moderate percentage of carvacrol, so while it's great that the "white coats" agree that oil of oregano works as an antibiotic, I don't see how they would know how much someone should take. Listen to the people who sell this stuff everyday!

haha... this thread is all noobs it looks like...unless i overlooked someone.

so LT... how are you taking yours? drops directly into your mouth?

i bought some today and it saids 1 to 4 drops in water, juice or milk...once or twice daily.

i put 2 drops into a shot glass filled with water and drank it... didn't really taste it and then drank the back wash since i saw some oil left in the glass... and yeah it was a bit harsh! i chugged some water and was fine.

seems like it would work better to put directly under tounge perhaps.

they had 3 brands... i bought the middle priced one for 20 dollars... by wellness. 70mg of extra virgin olive oil and 37.6 mg oregano.

it saids it can be used topically too... has anyone ever put this directly on their skin? must it be dilluted? does it help on outbreaks?

Yep, 2-3 drops under the tongue, 3 times a day. Read in Nase's earlier post that 10 minutes would be necessary for absorption and obviously being a sucker for punishment (I did buy drops), that's my new method: drop it in and don't swallow for at least 10 minutes.

This being the smallest-sized bottle, it has an equally small dropper, so I'm not getting the same dosage you would with the larger. I also wonder how much the saliva dilution affects the dose. Can't help that, though.

Once the initial burn is over in the first couple minutes, it's no big. This is day 3 and I woke up paler than usual and have remained noticeably so all day. I haven't changed anything else this weekend, so it's possible this is helping. Maybe. I haven't seen this much of a change this fast with anything else I've tried, but I'm not willing to count those chickens just yet.

Other threads and my limited experience have convinced me I don't need to try it directly on any other skin to know that it will burn, but if you've got something to dilute it in and are feeling brave...

haha i just did it... not so bad for me since i love hot sauce and eat a lot of mexican... although this is a much different taste.

however... next time i must do this in front of a mirror! i couldn't feel the drops landing under my tounge and i kept waiting and sqeezing the dropper... then looked at the dropper...it was empty... and must of put about 10 drops in my mouth!
    i spitted as much as i could out since i'm sure enough absorbed.
    and yeah... it accumulates a lot of spit in my mouth from this stuff.

i haven't taken it since i bought it... hope to see some results soon.

I know - first supplement I've ever had to take in front of the mirror. But I knew after the first try that I didn't want to miss and hit anything accidentally. At least you're used to burning foods/sauces, so it wasn't a huge shock to get a dropperful. Did you taste/smell pizza for the next few hours? That's the weirdest part.

no... i haven't experienced that...lol

i do miss eating pizza though...so this is a good thing.

the spit asspect is too much for me... i have to spit everytime.

but i move my muscles under my tounge so it absorbs better before i do. and then i swallow after a min or two. i guess i need to get more use to the taste.

Can't you just take the capsules and bypass the drops??? - sounds like a pain..

I've been able to hold it for 10 minutes each time so far. Sometimes there's a little burn going down when I swallow, but it's temporary. It was worse when I started last week and only held it for 20 seconds; then I'd get something like heartburn and my mouth was way hotter. No problem with the new method. Maybe you can build up to holding it longer? Or maybe it really doesn't matter how long, since it doesn't have to dissolve, like some things used sublingually.

I'm still paler (than usual) today. It's like the background redness is missing, if that makes sense.

DukeCity - I could go get the capsules, but then I would have to get up By any chance, are you also a member on the SkinActives forum?

it doesn't make any sence to me to keep the drops in your mouth for 10 mins. it hits the blood stream immediately. but obviously it doesn't all absorb because of all the spit accumilation that immediately occurs.

i'll google later for some tips and facts.

dukecity... i can't swallow pills anymore unless it's asprin size otherwise i risk getting it stuck. it isn't fun when this happens.