Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oregano oil

I have been taking oregano oil capsules for about 12 days and have seen overall improvement in my skin. My forehead, which has been consistantly broken out for several months and is now finally clearing up. I have a couple new paps on the side of my nose, but they aren't "hanging around" as they tend to do, and seem to be healing. I'm not having the rapid results that nzdolphin had, but I'm pleased so far with my results. I might add that I've only recently made some changes in my diet and suppliments, and I think that is also a factor.

Patty - How much are you taking per day?

I'm taking two a day. The bottle tells you the dose is once per day, I'm following nz's advice, and taking it morning and at night. I will probably cut back to once a day in a couple weeks. I am wondering if it becomes ineffective after a time, so I don't want to over do it. I'd like to keep this in my arsenal for the summer months as the heat makes me break out like crazy. I would think the photosensitivity would not be an issue. I have to wear sunscreen all the time anyway.

Default Oregano oil

Hi Patty, I'm pleased things are on the improve. I'm still taking 2 Oregano capsules per day but they appear to only be 50mg Oregano oil and 25mg flaxseed oil so going by GJ's info I wonder if it's enough for most people.
    My skin is continuing to improve, like you the odd spot doesn't seem to hang around. The nasty raised and inflamed patch is almost completely gone. I had been suspecting a skin mite long before taking this oil so I'm now wondering if that is why it has finally improved.
    I'd like to get some of the oregano oil cream to apply topically when I cut back to one capsule a day, but I'm not sure if it's in New Zealand. I'll have to have a look around.

what is a good brand to get? and should it be capsules or drops?

went to get some... i think it's expensive. maybe just that place though.

ended up just getting probiotics that wasn't cheap itself. and then later saw some at traderjoes for 1/4 the price... but i assume the expensive ones i bought are better. i hope. lol

well... if anyone knows... i'm ordering stuff online tonight since it's cheaper i think. i'm on a tight budget now since i've spent way too much over the past months... \/ and it sucks for me now... lol

nwc, I found the capsules at GNC, it does also come in drops, but I was afraid that if it tastes nasty, I wouldn't take it. There are lots of sources online as well. This formula is 60% carvacrol in olive oil, and it was $18.99 for 100 capsules.

hi nz dolphin, I remember reading that oregano oil kills mites and the use of the cream along with oral suppliment is an effective treatment. I'll try to track that down again. There are lots of claims out there, and I tend to breeze through them without giving them much thought. Hope you have continued success. Thankyou for all your support and help!!

I checked with my health shop today and discovered how many different ways companies display the potency of their products. Nature's Way is 50mg of 75-85% carvacrol (standardised) whereas some are only 60% or less. This makes a huge difference as to how many mg should be taken. In my case the 2 capsules I'm taking is correct and dropping back to one later on is fine. They suggest I continue for up to 3 months. (250mg twice per day of oregano oil at this strength would have been too much apparently). I'm glad I checked!

You can't stay on it indefinitly, only 3-months??

The people at the health shop said I should stay on them for at least 3 months, so maybe indefinitely is fine if you don't mind the cost.

I have sent an email to Nature's Way asking some specific questions like how long can these be taken and what doses can be maintained. I haven't heard back as yet but will post when I do.

I'm going to give this a try too.
    Female, age 42. Using Zia Fresh Cleansing Gel, emu oil and ZZ cream.