Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Oregano oil

No, I'm only taking Nature's Way capsules, one in the morning and one in the evening. I started a post on Butcher's Broom in this section if you want to read it. I though it sounded promising but who knows.... I intended on trying one at a time, but being so desparate for a fix, I reverted back to just shoveling in any supplements I've bought, waiting for the miraculous clearing...

Well, I'm not sure if it's the oregano oil oil or not, but my skin is now looking better than it has in a long time, you wouldn't think anything was wrong! Just slightly pink, but nothing abnormal. I had about a week-long episode of just horrible skin, really raw and red, then it just sort of cleared up. I've been taking an oregano oil capsule in the morning and 1 at night since about April 30th. It might be the fact that the weather finally getting nice helped (My skin gets nasty in the winter).
    Basically I'm just taking the oil, using Suave extreme dry moisturizer and using a little Z Cream at night. I stopped using the Butcher's Broom altogether. Not sure if that had anything to do with anything though. Hoping my skin stays this way, but ya never know I guess

I'm glad to hear you are doing well with the oregano oil. I stopped for a while, I'm taking Oracea, but I will take one in the evening sometimes now if my skin looks like it needs a "boost". It seemed to lose some of it's initial effectiveness with me after a few weeks, when I was taking it alone, or maybe it was just bad breakout anyway, I don't know.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by GJ View Post
    Some folks (in white coats!) seem to agree with you guys that this is a beneficial approach.

www.dermatologytimes.com

Oil of oregano

"The only other thing that I do, which is remarkably successful, is to give those clients with rosacea a supplement containing oil of oregano and have them use an oil of oregano topical lotion at night," Dr. Meschino says.

The oil of oregano contains volatile oils, which kill a large variety of microorganisms. It also seems to knock out the skin mite, which has been associated with rosacea, according to Dr. Meschino.

Patients on the oil of oregano see 80 percent to 90 percent improvement in their rosacea, he says.

Dr. Meschino recommends that patients take one 250 mg capsule of the oil of oregano twice a day and use the topical cream nightly rather than during the day because the cream smells like oregano.

Patients should take oil of oregano with foods like yogurt, because the oil is known to kill some of the friendly bacteria in the large intestine. Functional foods, like yogurt, help to replenish the live bacteria.

These complementary therapies should not replace traditional approaches to rosacea treatment, but rather should be part of the global management of this and other skin conditions, according to Dr. Meschino.

"I am not claiming to have a cure for any of these skin conditions. What I am saying though, is that there is sound scientific and anecdotal evidence that patients who have acne, rosacea, eczema and psoriasis achieve good results with nutrition and supplementation approaches. Often, it is totally ignored because many health practitioners have never really seen the evidence," he says.

Can anyone recommend an Oil of Oregano Topical Lotion?
    Doug

ALso, what is a good Oil of Oregano supplement? IT states to use 250mg. Is that pure Oil of Oregano?
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmoof View Post
    ALso, what is a good Oil of Oregano supplement? IT states to use 250mg. Is that pure Oil of Oregano?
    I was wondering that too.

I'm taking the Nature's Way capsules and they are 50mg each, with 75-85% carvacol.

I had been taking just two capsules a day - one on the morning, one at night, but am going to try upping it to two at morning, two at night, while increasing my probiotic intake to about 75B per day.

Anyone else tried making adjustments to how much they take? Any success?

Just started taking oregano oil a couple weeks ago with not much success so just curious.

Thanks!

Any info much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Joseppi View Post
    Any info much appreciated
    i was doing 2 standard sized capsules i guess, they were empty ones i purchased at a pharmacy. I think i filled them with 100% pure, took 2 a day and had no noticeable benefits other than weird tasting burps.