Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RLT going well for me.... however....

Default RLT going well for me.... however....

Well it's been 4 weeks or so since I started it and am beginning to see some real imporvements on the permanent redness, it's not looked this good in a long while! It has also made my skin a a little more calmer and slighty less reactive, but not huge improvements on the flushes yet, but then it's early days. I believe there has been some minor improvement, but nothing drastic.

One thing that is a little puzzling is that one cheek(my right) is improveing on the permanent redness faster then the left. Has anyone had this before? It's not a huge issue, but can't work it out since I'm always exproximately the same distance away from the lights and always use them both at the same time. The only thing I can think of is that there is a radiator on the left side of my bed, and when I wake up, that side always seems to be a little worse, but subsides, though not as much as the right.

Other then that though I have so far been quite impressed and it has given me huge encouragement to carry on. My only set back was when I tried 2x15mins a day, which caused me to flush afterwards. Dropping it back to 15mins ish a day has sorted this out. I sometimes split it into 2x8mins, which seems to be working well for me.

moejoe

Default red light therapy

HI,
    What unit are you using? I am really wanting to try but can't decide if I should go all red or red-infrared, and what unit to buy. I bought something a while back called a Baby Q, but don't really think it has helped my rosacea at all

Hi, I use 2x84 "All Red" units from Elixa, which were cheap, although you really need to find someway to lie down with the units on, which require you to fabricate something for the Elixa units. Very good service from the company though.

Some people who drive a lot have more damage on one side of their face, the window side, This could possible make a difference to the time it takes skin to improve???

Interesting theory..... I used to drive for a living, although that was some 15 months ago now. But what was the window side is actually the better side for me(Im from the UK, RHD vehicles). Unless it's because the right side had more sunlight? My condition is always a lot better in the summer months.

The worst part of driving in the summer was the one-arm tan!

Perhaps try turning the radiator down in the bedroom. Is it on whilst you are in bed?

Unfortunate it's a very old fashioned system, meaning its always on if the heating is on. Oh, and to make things even more awkward I work night shifts on alternate weeks meaning the heating really needs to go on in the morning when I'm just going to bed unless the others in the house want to freeze!

Short of getting a new central heating system, I guess I'll have to re-arrange my room somehow :evil:

Thanks!

Maybe its just as simple as your one cheek was affect worse than the other?

You may not even have noticed, but perhaps the slower cheek had greater vascular damage and hence takes long to repair?

But whatever the case, Im really glad its working out for you! Keep it up, as Im sure good results will continue. Im very pleased with how my treatments are going

BB

Your probably right BB, it's not a huge problem, I mean its not like one side is completely pale and the other is completely red, but I definately notice one side is a always less red then the other. Hopefully though they'll both keep improving!

Anyway thanks for the encourgement, and glad yours is going well too

Good to hear of your improvements, Capri.

Do you perhaps tend to sleep on your left side/cheek?
    If you hang to the left, there is a good chance that you do.

Against boredom and pillow warmth even the gods contend in vain.