Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yellow LEDs for dry, gritty eyes

Default Yellow LEDs for dry, gritty eyes

I've been using a yellow LED array under my jaw where the glands are. This is the main area where my flushing starts. When I apply it my mouth waters almost instantly. It seems to stimulate my saliva glands. I have really dry gritty-feeling eyes due to ocular rosacea, so I decided to try the yellow LEDs on my eye lids. It has made a huge difference; I no longer need eye drops and they feel moist, with no grit.

Happiness is a choice.

Hey! So you dont wear any eyeprotection then if you treat your eyelids? Is this dangerous or can it be done without any apparent risk of eyedamage?

What wavelength are the yellow at? - above 880??

Quote Originally Posted by sweden
    Hey! So you dont wear any eyeprotection then if you treat your eyelids? Is this dangerous or can it be done without any apparent risk of eyedamage?
    No. I have posted on this a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeCity
    What wavelength are the yellow at? - above 880??
    595nm. Some consider it the beginning of the 'red' wavelength.

Happiness is a choice.

Thanks TP

Great to get first hand feedback on different light treatments. Please keep up-dating over time.

Thanks again.

Jen

Thanks for so kindly and generously posting your findings, TP. This yellow light LED therapy is so interesting.

Thanks for your kind words of support, Jen and Vicky.

I am fascinated by this low level light therapy and am continuously amazed by what it can do and how it can help.

Happiness is a choice.

az21300

Default yellow led occular rosacea??

hi i'm a newbie with recently occular and facial rosacea currently on restasis and artificial tears. i have had great success with restasis to date ( 1 month) but am curious about yellow LED. Can you give me specifics on your yellow LED protocol (ie: company, distance, time applied, how often used, and other treatment parameters, also mcd and nm if possible, pulsed or continuous treatment sessions). I have background in therapeutic ultrasound research, and am interested in learning more about this modality, for obvious personal but also scientific reasons.

also, do you have meibomianitis/blepharitis or just abundant corneal neovascularization??

thanks so much,

anthony

I bought this one from V, the Ledman. It's a rectagular brick with 96 LEDs, I've just ordered a round one with 126 LEDs (from a different source) that are behind glass, I'll see if that works equally well. I prefer the round shape -- this one will not run as bright (approx. 3000 MCD).

I use it once (sometimes twice) a day (morning and night, while I'm in bed), 5 minutes each eye about an inch away. The LEDs are 595nm and rated approx. 4000 MCD, V runs them a bit hot so they're probably closer to 5000. That keeps my sessions short. I have a 660+595 'brick' as well and I use both interchangeably. I do not use pulse. As far as what I have, the 3 eye doctors I saw this year just said occular rosacea, very dry eyes and scratched corneas (both the later due to the former). My eyeglass prescription is a best guess because the dry eyes affect my astigmatism (explains 3 doctors). My eyelids swell and I lose my lashes (not all, just chunks), my eyes become so inflammed and irritated sometimes I wish I could just pluck them out. But not anymore. 8)

Happiness is a choice.

az21300

how quickly did you begin to see improvement with your eyes? do you feel like they're continuing to improve?

if 100% = normal eyes. what % would you rate your eyes at present vs. % before starting yellow led??

thanks for the info.

anthony