Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really need some friends right now!

Default Really need some friends right now!

Have had rosacea for about 18 years now and can't have any more IPL because of pigmentation problems, antibiotics make things worse, clonodine doesn't work any more, etc, etc. I don't have a job or close network of friends due to social phobia I suppose. Anyway having rosacea has caused problems with my husband; he feels that I have rejected him but hasn't been able to tell me how unhappy he is because he feels I have enough on my plate to deal with. Yesterday he sent me an e-mail from his work to say that he still has feelings for me but doesn't love me like he did a few years ago. This is the third time in a year we have had problems so I don't think there is any future for us. We have 2 girls aged 13 and 7 and he doesn't want to do anything to hurt them. I just feel I have no-one to turn to and could really use some friendly advice. Obviously over the last few days my rosacea has got worse due to the stress and it's so hard trying to act normally for the children when all you want to do is curl up and hibernate.
    Sorry to burden you guys but at least you all know how hard it is dealing with anything traumatic on top of having rosacea.

Jill

Jill

You really are going through it at the moment. I wish I could give you a big hug.

Is it possible for you to put your feelings in a letter/email to your husband, maybe he feels shut out and wants to feel needed. It is also important to spend some times with your firends, is there someone you could have a chat with? Frineds really don't care how you look.

I also wonder whether something like Zispin (Remeron) at a low dose might help both with rosacea and help you to cop with what is going on at the moment.

PM me if you would like to speak on the phone and i can ring you tonight.

Jill,
    I know you must feel all alone but believe me we all here feel your pain and feel for you
    Hang in there and yes as sarah said if you are so at the end of your power it can be helpfull to take an anti depessivum just to be able to go on, for your kids but also for yourself and your relationship.
    For me therapie with an understanding psychologist helped me a lot , still have very bad days when i hate to live with this but there are good moments also even though the rosacea is worse then before . my husband also has difficulties with the way the rosacea' makes me behave ' but in therapie i learned how to talk (and even how to sometimes not talk !) abouth it with him
    Don't feel guilty when you are down and believe me you must be a brave woman to be able to cope with this disease for so long already !
    Big hug
    Patrice

Jill,
    Im so sorry you are going through such a bad time riight now. Big hug from me too!
    I agree with Sarah to write your feelings to your husband. Sometimes its hard, even for those who are around us all the time, to understand the pain of this, and sometimes its easier to write down what your feelings are.
    We are all here for you to help you through this, and you can always PM any one of us if you need to talk behind the scenes.

HUG
    Laura

Jill,

You say you have tried all these different drugs and are getting nowhere. Sounds like me a couple years ago. Clearing up your skin won't help the problems in your marriage and your life. Clearing up your head, however, will. You should talk about what's going on with friends and family, your husband, and let some people show you that they care for you. Open up your heart with someone you can talk to, become vulnerable. As for your rosacea specifically, I gave up ALL drugs long ago and realized it's all about diet. I can control my rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis symptoms by the way I eat. I would also, if you haven't already, try a low dose of accutane. i.e., 10mg a day or every other day. Keep your head up, persevere, and one day you will wake up and be happy that you never gave up. Oh yes one other thing - go see a doctor about anti depressants. One thing about rosacea is that it narrows your perspective to the point where it is all you think about every day all day. I remember my mind feeling "tired" at the end of the day just because of the constant worry about my skin. Anti depressants can really help you out in your time of need. Open up to emotional help, not just physical help. And please, keep responding. - Jordan

I just read all your messages and the tears are streaming down my face - thank you so much for your kindness. I had a lovely pm from a lady who gave me her phone number and I just spoke to her and feel so much better about things. You all have made me realise that we only have one life and yes things are pretty terrible at the moment but hopefully they will improve. I have an appointment with Dr Chu in April so that's something to aim for and will definitely look into the antidepressents and counselling.
    You guys are amazing!!

Jill
    xxxx

Hello Jill

Donít ever give up with this condition because it is possible to control it and eventually put it in remission with the correct treatment. Obviously this will not happen overnight but given perseverance and time it can be achieved. You will find Tony Chu extremely knowledgeable about rosacea and its treatment but the most important thing is he really cares about his patients. There is not much he hasnít seen and treated before, so Iím sure he will make you feel very positive about the future.

Good luck and please let everybody know how you get on.

Bye

Peter

Hi Jill

I'm not sure if this will help but I can completely relate to your situation. I've been where you are now and it's not easy...I know! I have two young boys...almost 3 and 6 and I am now a sole parent. My husband and I separated mid 2003 and finally diovorced mid 2006. Not something I would recommend!

I get down about things but I have to keep reminding myself how great life is...that Rosacea should not make a difference. Easier said than done, huh!

I agree that the mental state needs to be treated first and foremost. If you are happy within yourself, you can share that happiness with those around you. Your girls and your hubbie need you to be strong, even if it seems so hard to do at times. I try my best to be strong for my boys. I have no family here (other than my boys), so it's just me trying my best.

You know what Jill, that's all you can really do...try your best. Open up...talk with your hubbie. Heck, even talk with your girls about how you are feeling...they are old enough to listen. You may just find that they are your best support network.

Anyway, I am probably laying my heart on my sleave but I do understand how you are feeling. Please feel free to e-mail or PM me.

Jen
    Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

Jill,
    I am SO glad to hear that your feeling a little better! Hug Hug! Life just plain sucks sometimes, but we have to get through the bad and focus on the good, and it sounds like that is what you are starting to do. About antidepressants, I would do some reading here, as I think some of them can make the flushing worse? I leave it to those with more knowledge than myself on this issue to offer advice. But you have taken a great step forward, you are looking toward the future with a more positive outlook, and I wish you all the best in the world!

Laura

I hope all goes well. Pray to the Lord for what he has given you.