Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hives

Default Hives

ive already had sever acne..still battling rosacea...i have KP on my arms... a slight case of seb dermatitis....and know im starting to develop hives.. ahh it doesent get any better :P

this has just started in the last couple of months...and it seems to happen whenever im working out(not even strenous)...but i start getting these red severly itchy welts/patches on my chest and stomach...whats up with that? what could be causing this? is it possibly because its winter time?

are you taking antibiotics, or have for a long time? I started getting hives on my neck after using antibiotics for a year, they dissapeared when I stopped using it.

no antibiotics......they just started appearing within the last couple of months...and i noticed i get em alot under physical stress(especially when im excerting myself ) i don't think the winter months are helping either. im like some sort of walking dermatological condition.

hmm when I think about it, I got the hives on my neck during the period when my rosacea was its worst, and when I was under an extreme amount of stress due to the state my rosacea was in. I still believe it was the antibiotics that made them appear in the first place, cause I havenīt had them after I stopped taking it, even though I am exposed to alot of stress sometimes nowadays too. However, I think the rosacea makes hives worse...I'm not making sense at all am I?

hives(urticaria), rosacea, dermatitis these are all related conditions...and im not so sure that having these conidtions at one time is just a coincidence. well anyway from the reading the net right know i have exactly what is called "exercise urticaria".

When I used to do high impact aerobics I would have something like this by the ned of the class. I decided I must be allergic to my own sweat or something. Typical :? . In the end it was just making things too bad and I changed to low impact pilates and that is where I have stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by phlika29
    When I used to do high impact aerobics I would have something like this by the ned of the class. I decided I must be allergic to my own sweat or something. Typical :? . In the end it was just making things too bad and I changed to low impact pilates and that is where I have stayed.

sounds like cholinergic urticaria(excercise hives)....alot of hive triggers seem to be quite similiar to that of roscaea triggers.

http://www.dermnetnz.org/reactions/urticaria.html

There is really good information here on all the different types of hives, what causes them and how they can be treated..so hopefully this helps.

When I get "hot" or "sweaty" like mowing lawn on hot day...anything strenous I get these also....went to deerm for it and was tolld it is prickly heat....but I get it in winter also...itchy... awful...and in the exact same places you mentioned.

They injected the sites with steriods it was soo bad and then I had to use a topical to get it under control....I always have one on hand as it can jump up at a moments notice!
    Dx 1998

My sister was dx with Chronic Idiopathic Uticaria....which basically means unknown hives all the time.

We now know her skin will welt/hive in combination of heat and pressure.
    ex...if she sits leaning up against a chair when it's hot...she will have the shape of whatever she was leaning against in a raised hive/welt. It gets red and itchy.

She had a doc put her on a steroid years ago and it did nothing.

When we lived in San Diego, she saw a military doctor, that took one look at her and said you have....it's very common in cuba...(or somewhere like that)

The doc told her that the doc that put her on steroid (histimine) was very close and should have put her on an anti-histimine.
    The doc gave her Claritin and it worked wonderfully!