Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any benefit for longer RLT sessions?

Default Any benefit for longer RLT sessions?

Well I've been using my LED units for over a week now, and built up 15 mins a day. Just wondered if thats the optimum time, or should I be doing more? 20mins? 30mins? 2x15mins per day? Has anyone felt any benefit for doing more then 15mins? Ive not had any problems so far, all going well. Too early to tell if there has been any definate, sustained improvement as my skin is always in a constant state of flux, but does feel a little smoother, and flushes seem a little shorter in duration but I suspect the latter is just coincidence.

Thanks a lot!

well, I received my lamp two weeks ago...and since then i do two 15 min sessions a day, in the morning and at night....personally, i think it makes more sense doing shorter treatments but doing two a day...i especially like using the lamp before i wash my face, because i dont break out in red blotches after i pat my face dry, which is what used to happen to me all the time before using the lamp

Twice a day does seem to be the general consensus. Then, after a few months (once you have improvement) you can take it once a day, and after a while you can go onto maintanence routine of twice weekly then weekly. Your skin will be the indicator. If I go too long without I see a backpedal on some good benefits, so for me it's going to be an ongoing committment.

Happiness is a choice.

Really? Twice a day? I use mine once a day. Maybe I'll use it twice a day for the next few months, then cut back to once a day. I've been using it for 13 weeks now with great results. Maybe I'll see even more improvement twice a day.

I use it for 15 minutes a session. I recently put the bulbs closer to my skin and noticed that if I could feel a little heat that caused a little short-lived pinkness. I think if it's used for 30 minutes at a time or too close to the face, you might feel effects from the heat.

So, keeping 4-6 inches from it for 15 minute sessions is probably ideal. I never notice heat or pinkness when I use it like this. My skin feels cool and look pale afterwards.

Cheers!

Artist

It really does come down to personal choice. I'm glad it's working for you Artist.

Has your special package been delivered yet?

Happiness is a choice.

Not yet He was due yesterday. He must be very comfy and cozy in my belly. Hopefully not too long now. I'm excited to meet him! Getting nervous about labor, though. I heard it can sting a little ;)

Artist

Guest in SF

Default Any comments on this product?

www.advanthera.com/Baby-Quasar.html

Any comments? Thank you!

Thanks for the responses, I think I will go for 2 x 15 mins a day instead of one, perhaps it will give it more of a kickstart. Who know, trial and error I guess!

Default Re: Any comments on this product?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest in SF
    www.advanthera.com/Baby-Quasar.html

Any comments? Thank you!
    I would go elsewhere. Too small. Too impractical. Too expensive.

Search around for units that cover the entirety of your affected facial parts and enable you - either by their design or your ingenuity - to lie down/relax during sessions.

I assure you, you will get plenty annoyed holding that thing up to your face for half an hour a day.

Good luck.

Default Re: Any comments on this product?

Quote Originally Posted by GJ
    I assure you, you will get plenty annoyed holding that thing up to your face for half an hour a day.
    Yes, agree completely! It's actually quite relaxing to chill out with the lamps on and listen to some music, but I would quickly get bored if I had to hold them. Regular use is very important, so its wise to make it as comftable as possible or you won't want to do it.