Thread: Xolegel for seb derm

Default Xolegel for seb derm

Has anyone used this and had good results? It's only been on the market since July 06. I'm not sure if I have sb but I am trying it.

I'm curious as well...I read somewhere that Xolegel had an alcohol base, so I'm cautious.

colleen k

I just started using it and it has helped me tremendously. The redness and swelling are gone and now the crusting and bumps on my nose are going away. I had a lot of itching as well and that has completely stopped. It is great

Is this prescription or over the counter? What's the cost?

I have a sample so I don't know the cost. It did seem to get rid of very, very mild sb (if that is what I had).

Default Xolegel

I've been using this gel for severe seb derm for two weeks and the results are not good.

The consistency is like glue (messy), and it has made my beard area and laugh lines red and irritated (more so than prior to use).

Cost is $130 if no insurance.

Worthless like most other topicals for this disease in my opinion.

cmburn22

i have been trying hard to treat my seb derm lately (nizoral shampoo and cream, biotin, a bit more sunlight than usual, more protein) and i am getting a lot of redness as welll which makes me want to stop everything.

However, your post made me wonder if, for those of us who have moderate seb derm, if one needs to keep going through the redness for a few weeks, as it could potentially be a sign that the seb derm is dying....

I have no idea if it's true, just a thought...

i purchased some xolegel the other day, and i cant say im too happy with it so far. ive been using it for about a week (have been using other forms of ketoconazole prior to this though)... and it doesnt seem to be doing much. It is very thick and sticky, not at all like I expected, and doesnt seem to reduce the inflammation of my SD. I have had better luck with the cream form. So far, my favorite vehicle for ketoconazole seems to be that of the foam (Extina). The foam burns at first, but about 30 minutes later its noticeably less red.

Quote Originally Posted by ckm
    i purchased some xolegel the other day, and i cant say im too happy with it so far. ive been using it for about a week (have been using other forms of ketoconazole prior to this though)... and it doesnt seem to be doing much. It is very thick and sticky, not at all like I expected, and doesnt seem to reduce the inflammation of my SD. I have had better luck with the cream form. So far, my favorite vehicle for ketoconazole seems to be that of the foam (Extina). The foam burns at first, but about 30 minutes later its noticeably less red.
    I also tried the Extina and it really burns when you first put it on. I really wanted to be able to use this because I paid a lot of money for it. I stopped using it after two week because I was afraid that it would make my Rosacea flare up again since it burns so much.

The Xolegel helps so I will just stick with it until something else new come alongs.

Bonnie