Thread: caffeine

Default caffeine

I stopped drinking caffeine about 3 weeks ago. Not for my rosacea, but just because I wanted to stop. Little to my surprise I am now seeing how this has helped my rosacea, my flsuhing is way down, my workouts allow me to go more intense than ever, and my face is feeling less warm all around. Its kinda amazing to me. I had no clue this could help, sure I read a few things about it here and there, but I am seeing it first hand now.

Anyone else get effected by caffeine with their rosacea? or has seen good results in taking out caffeine in their diet?

Peace!

Hi CD

I used to drink copious amounts of tea but cut it out when I started Bee's diet. I replaced it with Bee's electrolyte drink (juice from half a lemon, 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt, topped up with boiling water - drunk warm). For me, it was a good transition from my tea drinking addiction! Also, there are many health benefits from the electrolyte drink (I've posted about it before). Hey, good for hydration before/during or after a work out too. More 'powerful' than those sugary 'energy drinks'!

Sometimes I think about having a cup of tea but just don't have the same want for it anymore. I know it 'dries me out'.

Definitely improvement with cutting out tea for me.

Jen
    Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

Wait, I'm not sure I'm getting this....caffeine is supposed to be a vaso-constrictor so drinking one or two cups of BLACK coffee should have its benefits in theory. However, many people claim that caffeine may have 'rebound flushing' effects...I would think this probably really comes into affect since there are many coffee/tea addicts which drink more than 3 cups a day.

Are you sure it's not the milk in the coffee that is the actual cause of the problem (that is if you take milk with your coffee ?).

Another factor you should consider is warm beverages can often affect rosaceans and cause them to flush as a result of the heat generated.

Just a few suggestions..

Jen you say your Bee's drink is more powerful than the sugary energy drinks, but it's more likely to be a combo of the two...with greater weight place on the sugar. But an athlete's performance is more likely to be restricted if he/she takes the Bee's drink over the sugary drink as the body primarily will need a burst of water and sugar. Also, making an an accurate electrolyte drink is very difficult....finding the correct potassium/sod/chloride concentrations is testing. But I guess we're not all marathon runners yet

I love coffee, hot or iced. When I cut out dairy completely my last hold out was the cream in my coffee but I learned to like the cleanliness of black and really know the flavour of the bean. Now, even a sip makes me flush. (My sinuses clear from the flush, momentarily, which I rather liked.)

Tea makes me flush too, but Artist recommended White Tea. It's very good for you (better than green), is not fermented, and does not make me flush! It really stains the pot though!

Happiness is a choice.

Rosacea aside, caffeine increases sebum output on the skin so for us seb derm sufferes it is definitely a NO NO.

I'm very sure its the caffeine, not milk, or hot drinks. Because I would drink a lot of pepsi, diet pepsi, tea and some coffee. All of the above. I still drink milk everyday, with protein shakes.

I mean I still ahve rosacea, but it seems like it has clamed down a bunch

Thanks for the reply's and tips everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan
    Rosacea aside, caffeine increases sebum output on the skin so for us seb derm sufferes it is definitely a NO NO.
    Jordan, is this definitely a fact as it's the first I have heard about it. Are there any studies correlating caffeine and sebderm/sebum production? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley
    Just a few suggestions..

Jen you say your Bee's drink is more powerful than the sugary energy drinks, but it's more likely to be a combo of the two...with greater weight place on the sugar. But an athlete's performance is more likely to be restricted if he/she takes the Bee's drink over the sugary drink as the body primarily will need a burst of water and sugar. Also, making an an accurate electrolyte drink is very difficult....finding the correct potassium/sod/chloride concentrations is testing. But I guess we're not all marathon runners yet
    Hi Bradley

Well, I am going by what Bee recommends. It's pretty much a sugarless diet. There is some sugar in lemons but the concept of the drink is for energy...naturally. Sugar (especially high content, processed sugar, like in the energy drinks) is Rosacea's enemy!

I've read reports of folks who have done some great outdoor activities and taken Bee's electrolyte drink with them...for the better. I would have to say the same for me when I am teaching gym or on a long drive to the city. Much better energy levels and hydration (without the need to go to the loo as much as drinking pure water). I still drink pure water but not as much as before.

The body needs hydrating when exercising/sweating...even normal daily routines. You will find that a natural good quality ocean sea salt will contain all the ingredients needed for the perfect natural electrolyte drink, combined with lemon juice and water, as described above. It's not difficult at all.

I also add 1/4 teaspoon of Ascorbic Acid powder and 1/4 teaspoon of Baking Soda, which combined makes Sodium Ascorbate - for a boost of Vitamin C. I drink this with 3 of my 6 daily drinks. Makes my 'cuppa' fizz up like a cappuccino but soon settles once I stir it a bit and add more water to the cup.

There was a thread that I was going to reply to about Baking Soda a while back but I only just remembered that now, when mentioning Baking Soda. The answer is yes, I do think the added Baking Soda also helps with the big R.

Jen
    Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.