Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: My experiences with the infamous ZZ cream so far

Quote Originally Posted by MariaSt View Post
    Can zz cream make SD or anything else permanently worse?
    I'd like to add, btw, that zz cream is the most effective product I have used against p&p, they fade in two days. My main problem is the redness, though.
    Are you diluting your ZZ Cream with water?
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Can zz cream make SD or anything else permanently worse?
    I'd like to add, btw, that zz cream is the most effective product I have used against p&p, they fade in two days. My main problem is the redness, though.
    That is like asking, can Soolantra make SD or anything else permanently worse? Anything is possible. What are the odds? How would you prove beyond any doubt that it is the zz cream (or Soolantra) is responsible for permanently making it worse? Can you think of an example of any treatment doing this? Accutane might be an example. I would guess that even if the Soolantra or the ZZ cream or Accutane made things worse, that you skin eventually could heal itself from any damage, after a month or so of not using it, wouldn't you agree? Some claim that Accuatane or a particular photo dynamic therapy has permanently damaged their skin, but most report that in time, after many months, the skin restores itself from such damage.

If one is allergic to a topical treatment, the evidence would be also shown on the inside forearm or applying it to your leg or thigh. An immediate redness would result from the application of the treatment within a few hours.

Because of what you described, I thought it would be good to read over Tom Busby's SD Treatment Protocol which may give you some insight into what might help your redness. However, your dermatologist says you don't have SD. Nevertheless, it may prove helpful to go through the Busby thread on this to see if something might help your redness. If you have any questions, Tom is usually quite helpful in this forum and responds eventually.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 17th June 2018 at 06:00 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by atlas222 View Post
    Dear Brady, Why would one need to build up their immune system with supplements when ALL vitamins and minerals are contained in whole foods like vegetables, fruits, whole grains, healthy proteins and fats?
    I have read what many say that taking vitamin and mineral supplements are unnecessary and that we simply eliminate all the 'benefits' in our urine and feces and that eating whole food is superior to taking supplements. Of course, eating wholesome vegetables, grains, etc. is without a doubt better. Since there is obviously something wrong with rosacea sufferers, it may be possible that rosacea is due to nutritional deficiencies. At the very least there are a number of claims that rosacea is due to a nutritional deficiency. One theory about the cause of rosacea is that it is a disorder of the immune system, which is probably the most popular theory as of this date. The next most popular theory is the inflammatory theory. Could vitamin and mineral supplementation improve rosacea? My knowledge on this is that as we grow older we need to supplement our vitamins and minerals, not only because we are growing older, but also because the food we are purchasing in stores are lacking some of these nutrients we may be lacking. Rosaceans need to boost their body's natural defenses with extra vitamin and minerals. In particular, I have noticed a difference in my rosacea by simply adding lectin/zeaxanthin. I also notice a difference taking a probiotic with every meal. As you point out, eating healthy whole food is superior, but taking vitamin/mineral/probiotic supplements is convenient and from my experience seems to improve my rosacea. In addition, I take Standard Process Cardioplus which this company says is a 'whole food' supplement and I know from experience that this supplement has improved my heart.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 17th June 2018 at 05:51 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

I read Tomís thread in the past and it will be certainly helpful to read it again. I still have one bottle of his climbazole lotion, but itís two years old, I wonder if itís still usable.
    Sometimes I dilute the zz cream, but most of the times I donít.
    I forgot to mention that before applying zz cream in the evening, I use the Neutrogena acne mask that emits red and blue light. Do you think itís ok?

I read Tomís thread in the past and it will be certainly helpful to read it again. I still have one bottle of his climbazole lotion, but itís two years old, I wonder if itís still usable.
    Sometimes I dilute the zz cream, but most of the times I donít. I forgot to mention that before applying zz cream in the evening, I use the Neutrogena acne mask that emits red and blue light. Do you think itís ok?
    I have no experience or knowledge of using light devices. Many rave about them. However there are others who complain about them. I think moderation is the key to using light devices. Tom would know about the expiration of climbazole lotion.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Thank you all for your help today. I accumulated a lot of questions which you patiently answered.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    Are you diluting your ZZ Cream with water?
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

I know.